No rating

Jesuit High School

Private | 9-12 | 1079 students

Living in Carmichael

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $190,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted April 17, 2014

Excellent school! The best of the best! They are beyond generous, loving, kind and supportive. Jesuit WILL prepare your sons for college as well as transformation into adulthood. They are top notch and there is NO other school I would have my teenage son attend. Of course there are drugs in every school; however, it starts at home. I'm sorry but you cannot blame the school for bad parenting. You have to do your job at home and not expect ANY school to raise your child. What Jesuit offers is far beyond normal academics and delves deep into moral values, character building and love for mankind. JESUIT YOU ARE THE BEST!

Posted March 17, 2014

My eldest son graduated from Jesuit in '02. My middle child in '05. We thought it was ok. Neither of them had a great experience. There was a whole lot of pressure for them to fit into a mold. They were not allowed to be themselves and flourish into the best version of them that they could be. Our youngest son is at Jesuit now. I will be transferring him as soon as the year is up. My gut feeling with my first two kids was right. This year alone, there were nearly two dozen kids caught with street drugs during class. The pressure this school puts kids under is absurd. Do yourselves a favor and get out!

Posted June 5, 2013

Worth every penny! My son is a senior this year. I've watched him grow from a boy into a man under the guidance of the folks at Jesuit High School. The entire staff is amazing. The education is outstanding. My son is getting offers for full rides at college because of the education he's received at Jesuit. It's a multi ethnic faith based community focusing on developing Men for Others. Even the other parents are great.

Posted September 24, 2012

Amazing school, our son is truly cared for in both mind and spirit. The faculty and staff work along side each student and family a true partnership. I have seen amazing growth in my son over the last three years in his academics and personal life. I hope too see my next two boys attend there.

Posted October 12, 2010

Proud parent of 2 graduates '07 & '09! Fantastic school!

Posted August 24, 2010

What an outstanding school. I have sent my three sons to Jesuit and never regretted spending the money for their education. Each of my sons have grown to be wonderful men strongly influenced by their experience at Jesuit coupled with our family support and values. We are not a religious family but did not find Jesuit's Roman Catholic foundation to be a disraction. The results...one aeronautical engineer, one electrical engineer/computer scientist at NASA, one computer scientist/programer. More importantly, wonderful men with strong values. Men for Others. Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam.

Posted July 22, 2010

We aren't Catholic and I had some concerns about whether our son would thrive. He came in as an average student and really benefited from the curriculum. His GPA not only rose over the four years he was there, but he became comfortable with testing, a big advantage when it came to applying for colleges. He received merit scholarship offers from three of the four schools to which he applied. It doesn't hurt to have received about 75% of the cost of his JHS education back in the form of college scholarships. Beyond the support he received for academics, he really felt cared for as a person by students and teachers. Jesuit has a philosophy of "cura personalis" -- care for the person -- and they have certainly lived up to it in our case. Having had a daughter at Davis High and son at JHS, I really recommend Jesuit.

Posted May 28, 2010

Jesuit High School has been my home and safe haven for the past four years. Looking back, i would not be where I am today without the guidance, love, and spiritual support of the faculty, administration, and students of Jesuit High School. I will be attending UC San Diego on a merit scholarship. If you want the perfect balance of academics, spiritual development, and the development of lifelong friendships, send your son to Jesuit. I guarantee you no other public school or catholic school can compare.

Posted February 23, 2010

Jesuit High School is currently benefitting me very well in this day and age. So far, the connection between the students as a whole (often referred to as brotherhood), is really something that I felt very much from my beginning freshman year until later on too. It is here at Jesuit that I am taking advanced classes and have fit in perfectly. While there are no girls around, which is a real downer sometimes, it also is good because there is nobody to impress and one is able to concentrate more on school work. Most of the teachers want one to succeed and are willing enough to help students achieve their desired goals. The school also greatly revolves around prayer and the religious life. My faith increases by both participating in the religious life and also by explaining my faith to non-Christians too. Jesuit really is a great well-rounded school

Posted January 4, 2009

Jesuit High School is a very overrated school with teachers who are jokes, students who definitely aren't 'Men for Others' and an administration more focused on uniform than the actual person. My student transferred from Jesuit to public, and loves public. Not that he hated Jesuit, its just that all boys with poor teaching (not even that challenging) and odd values isn't exactly a great high school. I suggest more AP/Honors classes and less focus on sports and uniform checks. Also JUG is a joke that is given out far too often.

Posted October 28, 2008

I have noticed in alot of the other reviews of Jesuit, that parents seem disapointed with the lack of AP/honors classes. I will admit that this is true, but at the same time, there is suposed to be more to high shcool than just trying to get that elusive 5.2 GPA. What i believe to be the greatest aspect of being a Jesuit student, is the comrodery, friendships, and life lessions that can not be taught, even at the most elete public schools. The coaches, teachers, counclers, administratesrs, and other staff are some of the greatest people you will ever meen, but at the same time, will go to no end to help you suceed in not only school, but in life. i believe that Jesuit is one of, in not the, best school in northern California.

Posted September 9, 2008

Having two sons graduate and a third currently attending, I must say that Jesuit has benefited them more than I could have expected. The education provided, while excellent, went well beyond the books and sports by emphasizing character values, accountability and community service. Jesuit stresses growth of the whole person, not just getting into the best colleges. My sons are better people for having attended.

Posted September 4, 2008

I graduated 2005 from this school. I loved it. At first it was an adjustment period, but you soon to just mesh with all all the students and you develop a brotherhood. I believe that this school contributed at least 40% of my personality. I'm stronger, more determined, and just straight up confident.

Posted August 23, 2008

Jesuit is a great school academically and athletically. They strive for you to work for o others and not always think about your self. The teachers are great and they make the classes excellent and provide help for any student at any given time. The coaches are great and teach you things that most public school coaches do not show you. At my second year at Jesuit, I have played football and rugby and have encountered life- long friends. Jesuit is the best school in the Sacramento area. No doubt about it.

Posted August 8, 2008

After doing my research, I have to say I was not impressed by Jesuit HS. I know that the Jesuit order has been very successful in the education arena but this school was a disappointment. I feel that the school has lost its way and is more focused on sports than it is on education. I do not think that these kids are leaps and bounds beyond any of the 'good' public schools. I know many parents think that the school has developed their sons to be good christians, good people, and good students. Excuse me for thinking that all these virtues should be an extension of the home and the main responsibility of the parents more so than school. Graduates are not making the cut into the top notch colleges and old-fashion traditions - one gender, latin, mandatory religion classes, lake of computer classes, and AP classes is not good.

Posted August 2, 2008

Jesuit High School knows how to teach boys to become young men. I have three sons, one graduated, one still there and one coming in the fall. I have watched my boys grow and become confident men. Jesuit teaches things that cannot be taught through books. It will teach you to think of others and not yourself. I don't know of any AP or hnors courses that teach those things. From the 'jock' to the 'nerd' everyone finds there spot at their own pace. If you have a child that needs extra help they will provide the help that he needs. Public schools just want to see their 'scores' go up and the average kid just gets pushed through. Not a Jesuit the 'average' kid is celebrated.

Posted June 1, 2008

The school's curriculum fits 6 classes each semester. Other public schools such as Rocklin High and Roseville High ofer 8 classes each semester. Plus, Jesuit requires Theology 9 and Theology 10 which does not count for a real class for colleges. Also, Social Justice, a class that counts for real credit brings down g.p.a. The school says it offers AP Statistics, AP Computer Science and AP Studio Art yet these classes are not extant. The school is wonderful in religion but short in academics. Only 4 students since 2000 attended Princeton University. Look into the IB program for what is best for your son. Mira Loma is ranked 236th in the nation, Jesuit did not even make the list.

Posted June 14, 2007

Jesuit has been an excellent experience for my son. The academic challenge combined with the very energetic school spirit has exceeded my expectations. My son takes great pride in his work and athletics and also his repsonsibilty to others. No disrespect intended to nearby public schools but Jesuit delivers with excellence in all categories. I believe that the single sex invironment is especially positive in the classroom and eliminates the daily competition for attention from the girls. There is however no lack of socializing with the young ladies as they regularly attend Jesuit sports and other functions. It is simply the best!

Posted October 17, 2006

As a student of Jesuit High School I feel I am receiving the highest education I can ask for. I have never had one regret of not going to a public school. Sure it's an all boys school but I see St. Francis and Loretto girls everyday and I feel I can concentrate without feeling nervous about embarrassing myself. My teachers are very nice and care for me 24/7. The environment is nice and the strong spirit of the high school is just undescribable. I know almost every single freshman in the freshman class and we never get in fights or argue I meet new people everyday. I am proud to be a marauder!

Posted February 9, 2006

Jesuit is the way to go. It's an excellent school all the way around. Public schools are the pits.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Rev. Edward Fassett
  • All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • JSEA
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Sacramento