9-12|Private
1,079 students

Bad
Good

Posted November 05, 2015
The school is all about your money! You have to give and give and it's not enough. The Admin team doesn't care about your sons unless you donate constantly. "Men for others" is a joke, don't believe them! If your son makes a mistake there is no forgiveness or second chances. "Men for others" have a different meaning here. If you are looking for a school where your son can be himself and do his best with people around him who respect and encourage him, this is not the right place. Very disappointed!

Posted April 05, 2015
My son went there for 4 years and the administration was quite hypocritical. "Man for others" unless it came to moneyed interests or in their view what is wrong. Don't waste your time on this sham

Posted April 17, 2014
Excellent school! The best of the best! They are beyond generous, loving, kind and supportive. Jesuit WILL prepare your sons for college as well as transformation into adulthood. They are top notch and there is NO other school I would have my teenage son attend. Of course there are drugs in every school; however, it starts at home. I'm sorry but you cannot blame the school for bad parenting. You have to do your job at home and not expect ANY school to raise your child. What Jesuit offers is far beyond normal academics and delves deep into moral values, character building and love for mankind. JESUIT YOU ARE THE BEST!

Posted March 17, 2014
My eldest son graduated from Jesuit in '02. My middle child in '05. We thought it was ok. Neither of them had a great experience. There was a whole lot of pressure for them to fit into a mold. They were not allowed to be themselves and flourish into the best version of them that they could be. Our youngest son is at Jesuit now. I will be transferring him as soon as the year is up. My gut feeling with my first two kids was right. This year alone, there were nearly two dozen kids caught with street drugs during class. The pressure this school puts kids under is absurd. Do yourselves a favor and get out!

Posted June 05, 2013
Worth every penny! My son is a senior this year. I've watched him grow from a boy into a man under the guidance of the folks at Jesuit High School. The entire staff is amazing. The education is outstanding. My son is getting offers for full rides at college because of the education he's received at Jesuit. It's a multi ethnic faith based community focusing on developing Men for Others. Even the other parents are great.

Posted September 24, 2012
Amazing school, our son is truly cared for in both mind and spirit. The faculty and staff work along side each student and family a true partnership. I have seen amazing growth in my son over the last three years in his academics and personal life. I hope too see my next two boys attend there.

Jesuit High School

Posted October 12, 2010
Proud parent of 2 graduates '07 & '09! Fantastic school!

Posted August 24, 2010
What an outstanding school. I have sent my three sons to Jesuit and never regretted spending the money for their education. Each of my sons have grown to be wonderful men strongly influenced by their experience at Jesuit coupled with our family support and values. We are not a religious family but did not find Jesuit's Roman Catholic foundation to be a disraction. The results...one aeronautical engineer, one electrical engineer/computer scientist at NASA, one computer scientist/programer. More importantly, wonderful men with strong values. Men for Others. Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam.

Posted July 22, 2010
We aren't Catholic and I had some concerns about whether our son would thrive. He came in as an average student and really benefited from the curriculum. His GPA not only rose over the four years he was there, but he became comfortable with testing, a big advantage when it came to applying for colleges. He received merit scholarship offers from three of the four schools to which he applied. It doesn't hurt to have received about 75% of the cost of his JHS education back in the form of college scholarships. Beyond the support he received for academics, he really felt cared for as a person by students and teachers. Jesuit has a philosophy of "cura personalis" -- care for the person -- and they have certainly lived up to it in our case. Having had a daughter at Davis High and son at JHS, I really recommend Jesuit.

Posted May 28, 2010
Jesuit High School has been my home and safe haven for the past four years. Looking back, i would not be where I am today without the guidance, love, and spiritual support of the faculty, administration, and students of Jesuit High School. I will be attending UC San Diego on a merit scholarship. If you want the perfect balance of academics, spiritual development, and the development of lifelong friendships, send your son to Jesuit. I guarantee you no other public school or catholic school can compare.

Jesuit High School