Carmichael, CA

Posted June 19, 2013
We have finally graduated our last of three children from Saint John the Evangelist. It has been a great experience for both our kid and us. We have made a great deal of life long friend from the experience. My children got a truly Christian experience at this school.

Posted September 20, 2012
St. John the Evangelist is a wonderful school. Both of my children love going to school every day because of the caring teachers, fun activities and family-like atmosphere. As parents, we love SJE because of the values they teach, the sense of community, and the highly rated academic and sports programs.

Posted August 30, 2012
I have two children that attend this school and our family enjoys everything about it. The environment at this school is safe and nurturing. The staff is focused on helping parents raise well rounded individuals that have an opportunity to thrive not only in academics, but in drama, choir and sports. Children are expected to have respect for their school, teachers, parents and their classmates. Local high schools state that our chilren are rated amoung the top for being prepared to enter the High School environment. Teachers are responsive and supportive. Parent involvement is outstanding.

Posted May 04, 2011
I am a parent of 3 St John Evangelist students. Our oldest Son, Graduated from SJE & received top scores on the high school placement test landing in honors courses at Jesuit. My middle Son is an eighth grader & active in Student Council who has benefited from involved teachers, mentoring from coaches in sports & worked with our dedicated Principal in numerous uplifting student body activities. He felt tremendous pride when his team went undefeated and won both PAL championships in football & basketball. Our younger Son, is a third grader at SJE. He also enjoys the camaraderie of the sports teams. He loves attending the drama production and the spirit rallies. More importantly, SJE has encouraged him in his reading endeavors. He struggled with reading in earlier grades & was given the opportunity to attend tutoring and summer programs to help him with his reading comprehension. His confidence in reading out loud and completing his homework has improved dramatically. I have 3 different boys and 3 different students who have thrived academically & socially at SJE. ST John's Staff has the academic & social programs that have fostered their individual success!

Posted May 04, 2011
SJE is the best environment for your child and you to foster and excellent educational and family experience. My wife and I are alumni of the school and I am a credentialed teacher in the state of California. I am continually impressed with the challenging academic programs that SJE offers and the care and dedication the staff execute in this endeavor. The teaching staff is among the best and proves it year in and year out with students achieving high entrance exam scores and top results in the areas Academic Decathalon Event. Our principal is a seasoned veteran that rose from the ranks of teacher, vice principal, and now principal. She knows what it takes inside the classroom, as well as administratively to educate the whole student. Her leadership and guidance foster a community that has family participation at an all time high inside the classroom and out. Our athletic program has been and remains the best among the PAL and has proven we can compete with public or private schools. I have three boys that have either graduated or currently attend SJE and I am very proud of the progress they have made as young men and I can attribute a great deal of this to SJE.

Posted May 01, 2011
I have two kids at SJE (a third will be there in a few years), and it has more than exceeded my expectations. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I grew up in public schools and turned out fine (I think:). However, my wife went to St John s and convinced me of the value of a Catholic education and the importance of belonging to a great school community. The school provides a rigorous education with dedicated teachers that make themselves available to parents. There are expectations as far as homework. But these expectations exist, because homework is a critical part of the reinforcement of classroom learning. Beyond education, the school has become a focus of our kids (and our) community. Our kids play on SJE teams, we volunteer our time there, we go to church there, and we do outside activities with other families from there. Our kids have/will experience several rites of passage there: first time on a sport team, first drama production, first Christmas concert, first communion, and first graduation. We are thankful every day that our kids go to SJE!

Posted April 30, 2011
I have 3 children enrolled at SJE and feel blessed that we have the choice to send our children to this fabulous school! From K-8th grade our oldest has received a stellar education. He has been accepted to Jesuit in large part to the fabulous eduction he has received. At SJE a desire to learn is established early on and continues to expand year after year. In addition, wonderful field trips are planned every year. Every day my children look forward to going to school! We feel so at home at SJE and love the leadership of the principle. Thank goodness she had so may years of class room experience, raised successful children and has helped to guide us as parents. I also want to commend the staff of SJE. Often times teachers spend extra time tutoring students early in the morning or after school if a need arises. The front office staff knows each child and the whole entire community offers a wonderful environment for families to send their children! If you are looking for a school where your child feels special, confident, creates lasting friendships, learns about religion, art, music, drama, becomes a christian athlete, and feels at home then consider SJE for your family!

Posted April 18, 2011
5 years ago we were planning on relocating back to Sacramento. My wife interviewed the Principals of 2 different catholic schools in the Carmichael area of which we had narrowed our choices. We enrolled them at St John The Evangelist simply because we wanted them to be in an environment that would develop our boys in all facets that we consider important: it would be faith-based, have high academic standards, provide extra-curricular activities, and have a diverse student body (one that reflects the real world). In the 4 years our boys have been at SJE, we have never regretted our decision to attend this school. To be sure, the coursework can be immense at times and the activities busy at times. But the rewards we, as parents, receive to watch our kids grow into the young men and women we hope them to be are definitely worth the effort.

Posted April 16, 2011
as a Catholic and a parent I am puzzled by the bashing review of a couple of parents who are not happy with this school. we are all entitled to our opinions but i don't understand a parent who would seek out a catholic academic institution, presumably for the faith based education, the high standard of diocesan curriculum and shaping and educating of the whole child-i would assume that those seeking the best for their children would do their homework, find the right fit and then enroll their child in the community that fits best with the ideals of the family. Why then, after going to so much effort for your child would you publicly flame the very institution that you found good enough to enroll your child in in the first plce? Why not act in a christian fashion? Why publicly bash? Why not ask for answers, fact check, do more homework and if what you find is not to your satisfaction-move on-there is no need to make generalized public statements inferring that the community as a whole is flawed, that all children suffer because the standard is below your personal expectations. I have found that this community is better than that will continue to thrive without you

Posted April 15, 2011
We had two children graduate from Saint Johns and one still attending. If one could measure the success of the school by the final result, one could only give the school five stars. My daughters are wonderful young ladies who are doing very well at St. Francis. One of them challenged the 3 AP class rule and this year is succeefully taking 4 AP classes. From time to time things come up with a teacher, admin or a fellow student that we may not necessarily like. You can't escape that anywhere. Thus is life and we always use it as an opportunity to teach a lesson to our children. We try not to get our egos int he way. The school says it teaches the whole student - with athletics, drama, music and most improtantly their faith - and it does. They have many chartiable learning opportunities that instill great Christian values. There are several public school teachers who choose to send their children to SJE. Also, there are a lot of great parents and opportunities to meet and have fun with them.

St. John The Evangelist
5701 Locust Avenue, Carmichael, CA  95608
Last modified St. John The Evangelist is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. John The Evangelist Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top