K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

The kids are taught about bullying and often stick up for each other.

Supports LD students: Agree

The Resource teacher is wonderful! Cathy Dang is coordinating the CJSF club that has a student tutoring program, which has been great for the tutors and those being tutored.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The new principal has been doing a great job!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students, teachers, parents, and administration are kind and helpful. The students are learning how to treat others and live with confidence and integrity.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers, especially in the middle school grade levels, are effective and teaching the students about study skills, life skills, and academic skills.

St. John the Evangelist is a wonderful school. Both of my children love going to school every day because of the caring teachers, fun activities and family-like atmosphere. As parents, we love SJE because of the values they teach, the sense of community, and the highly rated academic and sports programs.

St. John's has a strong sense of community and focus on educating the whole child. In my experience many of the teachers are willing to go above and beyond to help their students. There are many events in which the parents and staff are actively involved and enjoy working together. The principal is new, but in a short time she has done a tremendous job in getting the school updated technology and excellent, enthusiastic teachers. I couldn't be happier with my experience at St. John's.

I am so disappointed with this school after almost 1.5 years at this school we transferred our son out. I agree with the other reviews. The teachers are cold, the parents are unfriendly, the principal is not effective and is doing a terrible job. I talked to several other parents at the school that feel the same way. The Principal is more interested in getting the newest gadget for the school rather than their education. School is rundown and seems like its always under construction. STRONG emphasis on fundraising rather than kids education. We are so much happier with our kids new school.

After 2 months of my child attending this school I had to transfer her out due to several issues detailed below. My child was in Kindergarden. The teacher is cold, grumpy and essentially non-communicative with the parents. It would take her several days to reply my emails and questions and the response was curt and often rude. I brought this up with the Principal but nothing improved. I did not get any updates as to how my child was doing during her first few weeks in Kindergarten although I frequently got emails (at least 2 x week) about fundraising for the school. The parents are also cold and form groups and were not welcoming to us at all as a new family. The students behavior is reflective of their parents and the teachers. I saw my sweet little girl changing to be like her classmates and I quickly transferred her out. We are much much happier now. I have since heard that 2 students have also transferred out of the school. St. John's is still enrolling 6 mons into the school year and there is good reason for that.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The lack of basic kindness and politeness is completely absent in the majority of students, parents, and staff at this school.

Last modified St. John The Evangelist is a Private school that serves grades K-8