K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 12, 2016
St. John's has a strong sense of community and focus on educating the whole child. In my experience many of the teachers are willing to go above and beyond to help their students. There are many events in which the parents and staff are actively involved and enjoy working together. The principal is new, but in a short time she has done a tremendous job in getting the school updated technology and excellent, enthusiastic teachers. I couldn't be happier with my experience at St. John's.

St. John The Evangelist 1

Posted January 07, 2016
I am so disappointed with this school after almost 1.5 years at this school we transferred our son out. I agree with the other reviews. The teachers are cold, the parents are unfriendly, the principal is not effective and is doing a terrible job. I talked to several other parents at the school that feel the same way. The Principal is more interested in getting the newest gadget for the school rather than their education. School is rundown and seems like its always under construction. STRONG emphasis on fundraising rather than kids education. We are so much happier with our kids new school.

St. John The Evangelist 1

Posted January 07, 2016
After 2 months of my child attending this school I had to transfer her out due to several issues detailed below. My child was in Kindergarden. The teacher is cold, grumpy and essentially non-communicative with the parents. It would take her several days to reply my emails and questions and the response was curt and often rude. I brought this up with the Principal but nothing improved. I did not get any updates as to how my child was doing during her first few weeks in Kindergarten although I frequently got emails (at least 2 x week) about fundraising for the school. The parents are also cold and form groups and were not welcoming to us at all as a new family. The students behavior is reflective of their parents and the teachers. I saw my sweet little girl changing to be like her classmates and I quickly transferred her out. We are much much happier now. I have since heard that 2 students have also transferred out of the school. St. John's is still enrolling 6 mons into the school year and there is good reason for that.

St. John The Evangelist
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 21, 2015
The lack of basic kindness and politeness is completely absent in the majority of students, parents, and staff at this school.

Posted June 19, 2013
We have finally graduated our last of three children from Saint John the Evangelist. It has been a great experience for both our kid and us. We have made a great deal of life long friend from the experience. My children got a truly Christian experience at this school.

Posted September 20, 2012
St. John the Evangelist is a wonderful school. Both of my children love going to school every day because of the caring teachers, fun activities and family-like atmosphere. As parents, we love SJE because of the values they teach, the sense of community, and the highly rated academic and sports programs.

Posted August 30, 2012
I have two children that attend this school and our family enjoys everything about it. The environment at this school is safe and nurturing. The staff is focused on helping parents raise well rounded individuals that have an opportunity to thrive not only in academics, but in drama, choir and sports. Children are expected to have respect for their school, teachers, parents and their classmates. Local high schools state that our chilren are rated amoung the top for being prepared to enter the High School environment. Teachers are responsive and supportive. Parent involvement is outstanding.

Posted May 04, 2011
I am a parent of 3 St John Evangelist students. Our oldest Son, Graduated from SJE & received top scores on the high school placement test landing in honors courses at Jesuit. My middle Son is an eighth grader & active in Student Council who has benefited from involved teachers, mentoring from coaches in sports & worked with our dedicated Principal in numerous uplifting student body activities. He felt tremendous pride when his team went undefeated and won both PAL championships in football & basketball. Our younger Son, is a third grader at SJE. He also enjoys the camaraderie of the sports teams. He loves attending the drama production and the spirit rallies. More importantly, SJE has encouraged him in his reading endeavors. He struggled with reading in earlier grades & was given the opportunity to attend tutoring and summer programs to help him with his reading comprehension. His confidence in reading out loud and completing his homework has improved dramatically. I have 3 different boys and 3 different students who have thrived academically & socially at SJE. ST John's Staff has the academic & social programs that have fostered their individual success!

Posted May 04, 2011
SJE is the best environment for your child and you to foster and excellent educational and family experience. My wife and I are alumni of the school and I am a credentialed teacher in the state of California. I am continually impressed with the challenging academic programs that SJE offers and the care and dedication the staff execute in this endeavor. The teaching staff is among the best and proves it year in and year out with students achieving high entrance exam scores and top results in the areas Academic Decathalon Event. Our principal is a seasoned veteran that rose from the ranks of teacher, vice principal, and now principal. She knows what it takes inside the classroom, as well as administratively to educate the whole student. Her leadership and guidance foster a community that has family participation at an all time high inside the classroom and out. Our athletic program has been and remains the best among the PAL and has proven we can compete with public or private schools. I have three boys that have either graduated or currently attend SJE and I am very proud of the progress they have made as young men and I can attribute a great deal of this to SJE.

Posted May 01, 2011
I have two kids at SJE (a third will be there in a few years), and it has more than exceeded my expectations. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I grew up in public schools and turned out fine (I think:). However, my wife went to St John s and convinced me of the value of a Catholic education and the importance of belonging to a great school community. The school provides a rigorous education with dedicated teachers that make themselves available to parents. There are expectations as far as homework. But these expectations exist, because homework is a critical part of the reinforcement of classroom learning. Beyond education, the school has become a focus of our kids (and our) community. Our kids play on SJE teams, we volunteer our time there, we go to church there, and we do outside activities with other families from there. Our kids have/will experience several rites of passage there: first time on a sport team, first drama production, first Christmas concert, first communion, and first graduation. We are thankful every day that our kids go to SJE!

St. John The Evangelist
5701 Locust Avenue, Carmichael, CA  95608
Last modified St. John The Evangelist is a Private school that serves grades K-8