Posted May 30, 2014
El Rancho provides a warm environment that caters to the individual student while providing strong fundamentals including reading and writing. The strong focus on reading begins in childcare / Pre-K with some children reading before kindergarten. The academics program is complemented by the small class size, teacher - parent involvement, art and music programs, and park-like setting making the school a positive, safe environment for my children. We love it at El Rancho.

Posted July 08, 2013
My daughter attended El Rancho for 8 years from preschool through 5th grade. The small class size allowed for individual attention and the ability for students to be challenged and advance academically when ready. When she moved out of state she was miles ahead of the public school 6th grade students. Her love of reading, strong grasp of mathmatics, and desire to excell academically came from the excellent teaching and support she received in El Rancho's nurturing environment. Some may consider the structure to be "old fashioned", but their methods are tried and true and produce outstanding students and good citizens year after year. We have no doubt that El Rancho receives part of the credit for her high GPA, high AP and ACT scores, her confidence, and her desire to pursuer a degree in engineering. She has many fond memories of her friends, teachers and the administration at El Rancho. They became part of our extended family. We as parents feel that El Rancho was an investment in our child that we would not trade for anything.

Posted May 01, 2013
El Rancho is family run and although that could be a positive aspect, it is not used appropriately. At El Rancho it is evident which families "fit in", and which don't. Children are NOT treated equally, respectfully, and leave discouraged. Everyone appears kind, warm, and helpful. From the school secretary (which there were 3 differnt ones in 6 months=odd high turnover), the children's educators, and the "administration". The school appears well maintained, and the atmosphere appears positive. The word used repeatedly is appears. My husband was cautious when we first considered this school but agreed to allow it a chance. In his initial interview he immediately saw flaws in the administration and felt there was an odd atmosphere, although he kept those to himself. We spent time there prior to our child beginning and both stayed invovled during the duration of his experience. However, my husband's judgement was accurate. There certainly were warning signs and "red flags" I should have paid attention to. Continued onto next review...

Posted April 25, 2013
My son recently started at El Rancho and this is his 3rd preschool in a period of 1 year. I must say that I have not seen my son happier at any other place than I have at El Rancho! The staff seems to genuinely care about each childs needs and after my sons bad experience at an in home that put him in danger I have been very picky as to where I would send him to spend the day while I am working. The 2nd school I sent him to told me to "just leave" as my son balled at drop off begging me to stay. At El Rancho the staff welcomed me to stay until he felt comfortable which took all of 10 minutes on his first day! I believe that El Rancho is the best school for my child and for those parents that are looking for a place for their child to feel safe and happy!

Posted January 31, 2013
I'm shocked and offended by the previous post. My son has been at El Rancho for four years. It is a welcoming, nurturing environment. He has learned so much in that time and is excelling above grade level in every subject. The teachers are kind, helpful and are able to spend time (because of the small class sizes) individualizing lessons to meet the learning needs of each child. If there is a clique I certainly don't know about it! I have spend a lot of time at the school and have never noticed any favoratism. I couldn't disagree more with the previous reviewer and encourage anyone who is considering El Rancho to talk to current parents at the school.

Posted May 31, 2012
If you think that all girls love dolls and all boys want to play baseball, send your kids here. If you're happy with a staff who "sells" incentives to kids ("Tell your parents to sign you up for school early and we will give you a free plasma car!") and who can't handle any questions or concerns you may have about your child's well-being or happiness, then this is the place for you. They may want to consider removing the words 'nonsectarian', 'diverse', and 'all are welcome' from their website and just cop to being 'christian leaning', 'homogeneous', and 'intolerant' so that people like us don't have to go through the heartache of moving their child to another school on short notice.

El Rancho School 4

Posted September 23, 2010
We have enjoyed having our son attend El Rancho. I love the smaller class sizes and the ability to have my child learn at his own pace and if my child is struggling on a concept the teachers notice and provide extra assistance. The children in second grade and higher are required to go to study hall after school. I love this concept. Teaching children good study habits. We have our two children at this school and have been in the preschool and elementary programs. The teachers are fabulous. The pros: small class sizes, caring and nurturing environment, dedicated teachers, spanish and music classes, family outings/dinners, swim lessons in the summer. The cons: The school needs to provide better communication on staffing changes.

Posted September 06, 2008

Posted September 04, 2008
My two children attended El Rancho. One from pre school to 6th, the other from 3rd to 6th. I must say that El Rancho really prepared them for middle and high school. One graduated with honors at public high school,the other went to private high school and graduated with above 4.0 GPA. The foundation was set in early for both of them at El Rancho School. You can not go wrong by enrolling your child. You will understand when your children have friends from other shcools and you see first hand the differences in quality education.

Posted July 29, 2008

El Rancho School
5636 El Camino Ave, Carmichael, CA  95609
Last modified El Rancho School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
El Rancho School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.