Carson, CA

Ralph Bunche Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2013
This is a horrible place, run by bullies. I am currently trying to transfer(again) I ignorantly relocated to this area 2 years ago and will spend the rest of my childrens lives making this up to them. Bunche Elemetary is a disgrace, and should be gutted. We are supposed to be doing better each generation, Bunche is a throwback to bullying and intimidation, only it's coming from the adults. Everytime I heard their rediculous speaches about Core values, and anti-bullying I cringe. This place is a disgrace, and I am ashamed that I put my children in this situation, now all I can do is work to get out of this district.

Ralph Bunche Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2013
This school is making great strides due to the principal, Dr. Owoaje. This school is going in a good direction. The problem with this school is with the parents that have a problem with the administration and act out on a school campus in front of their own children. This school could be great if the parents were better role models.

Ralph Bunche Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2013
Leadership is horrible!! Teachers are great but the morale of the school is very depressing! I have been a parent at Bunche for 10 years now and this school has never been in such chaos. The principal Dr. Owoaje is a big bully and talks to people like they are beneath her. I feel she does this because her family is in higher parts of the district and she feels untouchable! I sure wish I could get in touch with who ever got her kicked out of enterprise middle school a year and a half ago!! Its sad when good teachers resigned from the whole district due to the principal! I really hate this school now and is looking into alternatives.

Posted August 08, 2013
My son has attended this school for the past 6 years and in the last 2 years he has had Mr. Watkins as teacher. Mr. Watkins had been great with my son and as well with other students. My son has matured in the time he has spent with him. Mr. Watkins ran the Gentlemen of Bunch, Football, Basketball and other great activities. Very influential with the kids and he is very in tune with them. Kudos Mr. Watkins!

Ralph Bunche Elementary School 5

Posted February 11, 2012
Great school !!! Teacher make this a great school thanks to mr. Salazar he motivates my daughter to go to school she just receive a 100day completion certificate and for perfect attendance ..thanks mr Salazar for all ur Dedication and ur had work ...

Posted February 05, 2012
The teachers who have stayed at Bunche through the change of administration are dedicated, hard working and fair. They've remained because they truly care about the students. I have witnessed first hand well thought-out, engaging lessons. I appreciate them.

Ralph Bunche Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2011
I LOVE Bunche ES. This is our family's second year here and I am here to stay!!! GREAT teachers, GREAT leadership, GREAT learning environment!!!

Posted February 04, 2011
I would like to say Bunche is an excellent school. I like that they focus on teaching the kids about how to make healthy food choices with the Harvest of the Month Program. Also,every Friday the teachers, students and the principal start the morning off with exercise which is led by Ms. Murphy. The kids really love it. I just think the teachers are great and so is the school.

Ralph Bunche Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2010
In short this is a really good school gone bad. The leadership is out the door. Teachers are not at the top of there game because it is no longer required by the principal. We need a good, fair, strong principal who doesn't feel it is necessary to be friends with some teachers and not support the others that she don't see on the weekends. After all we are talking about the education of our children here, and all teachers, parents and students should be able to go to our principal for honest support.

Ralph Bunche Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
Used to be wonderful but has gradually declined in leadership, dicipline, and teamwork. Test scores and enrollment have dropped steadly for the past 3 years. Time for a new principal. Please.

Ralph Bunche Elementary School
16223 South Haskins Lane, Carson, CA  90746
Last modified Ralph Bunche Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ralph Bunche Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top