Posted February 26, 2014
Carnegie Middle School has some of the most amazing teachers. My son and my nephew both attend, Their 6th and 7th grade English teacher Mrs. Cobe (Mrs.Ross - she changed her name) really pushed the boys to be successful. She never gave up on them, she told them that they could do th work and stayed after school and came in early to help all her students. Now they are in 8th grade and doing great. Ms. Cobe talked about college almost every day and it motivate the kids. I hear that the principal retired and I am hoping that then new one is better and more caring. Some of the other teachers are also really good but some are mean and don't wanna help there kids do good.

Posted February 23, 2014
My daughter attends this school I looked around at several schools before putting her in this one. I live in Hawthorne Unified School District and refuse to send my child to her home school. I was able to meet with the teachers at Carnegie and was pleased with what I saw and what was discussed. I was able to observe several classes and meet with with the principal. I am pleased with my child;s academic success thus far and will continue to support my daughter and this school. I am looking forward to new and innovative plans administration and staff is pursuing.

Posted June 18, 2013
I am a current teacher at Carnegie Middle School. I have been a teacher for over fourteen years. Carnegie is the most pleasant school that I have worked at. It is also the most diverse, from students to faculty and staff. I value that. The parents are involved and responsive. I have read over the reviews of the school, many of which are over two or three years old. It helps if a person who is providing a review has a greater perspective about the state of education across the board, has children in school, and has worked at various campuses in various capacities.The current administration is responsive to families and staff members. The students are well-behaved and respectful. Our students were excited to and responsive to our first year competing as a Scripp's Spelling Bee School this year. Our students compete and win awards. We all know that nothing is perfect, but as an experienced teacher and former administrator and coach, I will tell you that Carnegie is one of the best middle schools in the South Bay. I plan to continue to teach here for a long while.

Posted November 12, 2011
My years in Carnegie was great! I am 89 graduate. The school is a very diverse that offers experience with variety of cultures such as Pacific Highlanders, Hispanic, etc. Academically it was excellent. I really enjoyed math and science. I remembered the science teacher there was very much into science and was involved in doing research outside of school. We also has a PhD Physic teacher who was in the top 3 choice for the Challenger flight that crashed. I really enjoyed the Physic class and was able to handle Physic in college easily. At first my plans was work for N.A.S.A as an engineer. But after working for different companies while I was in college, I decided that I enjoyed Automation and Robotics design and now am working as a Electrical Controls System Engineer and over the Controls System Staff besides managing the Vision System Technicians. I believe Carnegie was a great contribution to my success. I named my son Andrew. I also really like the name.

Posted September 08, 2011
I love this school.Some of he teachers are strict but its for the kids own good.Most of the time its good.Dont cause trouble dont get punished, dont cheat dont get embaressed becasue they put a big fat 0 on your paper and write cheater and hang it out side the class O_o.Dont bully no problems in school and youll have a great report :D

Andrew Carnegie Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2011
I am a teacher at Carnegie Middle School. I believe that the school is good but could be great. Teachers work very hard to help the students before, during and afterschool. The counselors tutor students afterschool to help the students bring up grades/ graduate. The student population is diverse and most of the students are at the school to learn. The students that constantly disrupt and do not do work impede the learning process of the other students. The school really needs parent involvement in order to be a great place to learn.

Posted July 22, 2011
this school is greeat i loved i have straight A the teachers are very nice and some are strict but in a good way to help students achieve there goals.i went to this school and the staff always helped the kids that needed help.i recomend sending your kids there it is a GREAT SCHOOL.

Andrew Carnegie Middle School 3

Posted March 18, 2010

Andrew Carnegie Middle School 1

Posted March 14, 2010
i attended this school not to long ago and im going to tell you this from personal experience. i think that this school is horrible. i got in fight several times and i almost got jumped twice when i was walking home. i was practicly threatened every day and i wish this was an experience that i can take back. this school is down in the toilet. thats what i think. if i was a parent i would know not to send my kid to this school. i entered as an A student and came out as an F student. the teachers seemed like they didnt even care. also if you were late to class they made you sweep. isnt that a janitors job? Not a students job? students are theyre to learn, not pick up trash. i was looking foward to graduating but they told me i couldnt.

Andrew Carnegie Middle School 3

Posted June 23, 2009
Great about our school; population is diverse and most students get along really well, amazing teachers who work above and beyond, who love teaching middle school kids, and we consider each other family here. It's an average rating because: I do not get the support I need from the administration, I need parents to be more involved in meetings and events, not just call to complain, and due to the budget cuts, we are losing some wonderful new teachers. Parents, it can be a GREAT school if you get involved and work with us. 'We are Carnegie Highlanders and We Have Carnegie Pride!'

Andrew Carnegie Middle School
21820 Bonita Street, Carson, CA  90745
Last modified Andrew Carnegie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrew Carnegie Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top