Bad
Good

Northlake Hills Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2012
Overall, I have had years of struggles with this school to stay informed on my daughters progress and getting the proper education they lead you to believe you will get with all their bragging on state scores. I'm finding my children struggling with homework that has not been taught to them, only to find further issues when report cards are issued even after numerous attempts at communicating ongoing progress requests. Staff is more concerned on the state testing to maintain their ego then properly teaching. I'm having to go to elementary school all over again in order to get my children through. The only reason I haven't changed schools is because of having joint custody has left me helpless in transferring them. When expressing in detail how living between two homes, we as a family need better communication, I'm met with little to no effort on the school's part. This school like the rest of the great city of City of Santa Clarita, pretending to be greater then it really is. Disappointed on many levels and on many topics.

Posted April 28, 2012
Love this school, great programs and involved caring staff. Amazing principal and staff. Can't say enough, clean facilities, accountability for students, love it!

Posted December 11, 2009
I have mixed feeling about the school. We are waking up to the fact that the little school in nice neighborhood does not meet my child s needs and does not fit with out philosophy either. Academically there are better ones in the area. They very easily settle for average. The principal is very visible all over the school in all events - but if I were to ask him if he had heard of my child who has received awards in school he would not know how to pronounce or spell the child s name. The school is deficient in new technology. The teachers still use overhead projectors for presentation. The teachers do not use e-mails as correspondence. Definitely not a new age school! I would have concerns if the school expanded into middle and high school level classes.

Posted September 21, 2009
The dedicated teachers, staff, and community make Northlake Hills Elementary a great place to learn!

Posted September 21, 2009
The feeling of community is the best. The teachers are wonderful and caring and want to see ALL of the kids succeed. It is a great academic school with a small town feel. We are proud to be Northlake Hills Eagles!

Posted September 01, 2007
I am thrilled to have my son at Northlake Hills. He has had fabulous teachers and a principal who is a leader, not a follower. Wonderful school.

Northlake Hills Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2005
The school grounds themselves are spacious and beautiful. The school has a built in music program that actually teaches music instruments starting in fourth and fifth grade. They have laptops for classes to borrow for reports starting in those older grades and have a volunteer Junior Achievement program. My only concern about their overall academics is they seem satisfied with average or proficient. If a child is high, they seem to have little built in to challenge them and even seemed annoyed at the prospect of trying to. This school has an excellent and involved PTA and parent helper program and it is much more accessible than other schools I have had my kids enrolled in the past.

Posted June 21, 2004
We have just completed our inaugural year (2003-04) and it was wonderful! Our new school campus is beautiful. The parent involvement and the parent/teacher interaction is fantastic. Our newly-formed PTA was recognized by the State PTA Council and won awards at the end our our first year. Our principal, Rhonda Steinberg, is the best! We have great school spirit and a welcoming and supportive staff and student body. We highly recommend Northlake Hills Elementary School and look forward to soaring into 2005 with our Eagles!

32545 Ridge Route Road, Castaic, CA  91384-4133
Last modified Northlake Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.