Posted October 21, 2013
Castaic Elemenatary is by far a wonderful, enriching experience for my son. They have a Transitional kindergarten class with an amazing teacher who cares and teaches them the fundamentals that these little ones need. It is a wonderful stepping stone before beginning Kindergarten next year and I could not be happier. The classroom is big and clean and with the help of other parents always stocked with everything our kids need. The area is quiet and safe and I do feel confident in sending my son to school everyday.

Posted August 22, 2011
I can't imagine how a principal could be more involved than the one currently holding that job. She is at every function, is constantly interacting with the children and parents, and has made several strides to improve the environment for the children. The kindergarten teacher my daughter had last year was amazing and, as a result, my daughter's reading and math skills are well above average. I am very pleased with the school.

Posted June 17, 2011
Castaic Elementary is a wonderful school environment for the children in this community. We have found the primary teachers to be very caring and supportive. We weren't enthused about one upper grade teacher our daughter had several years ago, but we recognize that we aren't going to always be 100% satisfied with every teaching style but our children are still going to learn from the experience. The teachers are smart and their lessons demonstrate their knowledge and command of the academic curriculum. The principal works tirelessly to inform the school community weekly about upcoming events as well as keep the children excited about coming to school. It is evident that she cares about her school. I'm not sure why others have not viewed her this way. I have seen her at school functions as well as out in front of the school for drop-off where she was greeting students for the day! She always has a smile! My husband and I are teachers (in other school districts) and we absolutely love this school for our children! We highly recommend this neighborhood and this school.

Castaic Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2011
I have to agree with the last post. The new principal has yet to find her way. The priciple needs to learn that you can't be everyone's friend and you need to make the hard decisions and not apologize for them, as well as being consistent in reigning down consequences. The use of bad language is rapid and just plain disrespect of others and property since the new principle's start. There are some wonderful, effective teachers at CES, however, there are also ones who don't hold up the character traits they expect from the kids themselves. The leadership at CES need to learn to lead by example and expect from themselves what they expect from the students.

Castaic Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2011
I'm sad to say I agree with the last posting. CES was a great elementary school, but since the new principle has come to our school the moral of the teachers and parents has faded. Our principle does not attend school functions, as a mattress of fact our 3rd graders had a performance this evening and our principle was no where to be found. The previous principle would have been there without a doubt. The fact that we don't have a high school and have been promised one for the last 12yrs, at least, would be another thing I would take into consideration before I would buy a home in this district.

Castaic Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2010
I am sad to say that I do not see what everyone else see's. Teachers are closed minded and not willing to listen, they teach to the middle, and they do not have an understanding of what is currenlty going on in education. The principal seems non- exisistent at school gathering and does not return phone calls. While I beleive they can be great they have a long ways to go.

Castaic Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
Castaic Elementary is a school full of pride. The teachers and parents work together to create a wonderful environment for our children.

Castaic Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
The parents are so wonderful, the teachers are great, and the new principal rocks!

Posted September 15, 2009
I am so happy to have a school like CES for my children to attend. We are so lucky to have such great parent involvement.

Posted September 18, 2008

Castaic Elementary School
30455 Park Vista Drive, Castaic, CA  91384
Last modified Castaic Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castaic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top