Posted April 21, 2014
Golden Oak Montessori is a beautiful diversed school. I love the dedication of the staff, families and students. My child started the school when it first opened. Golden Oaks focuses on the whole child and not just academic data. It encourages independent thinkers and inspires world changers. The students become more well rounded, thought conscious, caring young people. Yes, there are some bumps and always room for improvement, but growing and improving is a part of living and expanding on the journey we call life. I highly recommend this GREAT school!!!

Posted January 24, 2014
This is a great school to build a whole child out of the box thinker. Critical thinking and respect for other is the culture. I am proud to have my kids attend this school.

Posted December 11, 2013
My girls (Gisele, 8; and Leila, 6) imaginations are captured by the hands-on materials and collaborative projects. They love the small, inviting classes with teachers who act like wise family members. As a parent, I find the community of other families, teachers, and staff so warm and supportive: families reach out to others in times of need; parents volunteer to teach cooking or gardening; the campus is always abuzz with volunteers driving on field trips, reading with kids; or laminating materials in the office. Golden Oak is a special place, like many bustling projects nurtured by passion in Hayward. These communities are the heart and soul of this town, and their promise is inspiring the next generation of Hayward leaders.

Posted December 10, 2013
Our experience with Golden Oak has been nothing but positive. Our two children have been at Golden Oaks since its inception and have benefitted immensely from the Montessori teaching methods, the small classrooms and the dedicated teaching staff. Two year ago we finally determined that one of our children had a series of learning disabilities. Upon informing the teacher and principal of these learning disabilities, we were informed of our rights as parents relative to the school district and to pursue assessment testing and subsequent resources from HUSD. The total process took just 8 weeks, culminating in an IEP meeting being scheduled with our child's teacher, the school director, behavioral specialist, resource specialist, speech/language pathologist, speech/language therapist and child psychologist. In all, we had 10 people in the room discussing a our child's academic development. All showed their absolute commitment to seeing our child improve academically. Since then, we have had two folllowing meetings to discuss our child's progress and our indebted to the entire teaching staff at Golden Oak for caring so much!!!

Golden Oak Montessori of Hayward School 2

Posted September 17, 2013
Only send your child to this school if they are advanced otherwise they will not help your child and just keep pushing them along. I start with the school they day they opened and requested for my child to be tested for four years, once I had him tested last year in May however no could give me results until 9/13/13, but the didnt happen, the head of the school that I have known for the five years, didnt call or any of the teachers founders or anyone that I knew, they had a new person they I had never spoken to call and tell me the school was independent now and the meeting on Thursday this is Tuesday was not going to happen. However non of the parents I spoken to had been told the school was going independent. So they can do what ever they want to do and the Hayward Unified School Dist. cant help you at all. Thanks for the slap in the face.

Posted August 01, 2013
Golden Oak Montessori has changed our lives... My children are going into their 5th year at Golden Oak Montessori. I have seen them grow over the years into capable individuals who are comfortable not only with who they are but they are also able to work well as members of a team. They show their skills in critical thinking each and every day, they know how to approach a challenge and they have the tools to creatively get the answers they need. I see how my children now have a HUNGER for learning, they LOVE to learn, and they LOVE their school. They have learned this in the Montessori environment, while in a traditional setting, they were simply getting lost. The teachers and staff of Golden Oak are highly qualified, having not only their CA teaching credentials, but also their Montessori certification. The class sizes are kept small and each classroom has a full time assistant. Golden Oak meets the students at their level and NO child is ever left behind. Thank you Golden Oak!!

Posted June 13, 2012
Golden Oak is a wonderful school. We were so sad to leave it when we had to move. Sure it wasn't perfect, but there are no perfect schools in the world. I believe it is the best elementary/middle school option in Hayward/Castro Valley area. We miss it so much!

Posted March 01, 2012
I am so relief and overwhelmed of gratefulness to have my daughter at GO. I have seen here blossom to the happy little girl I knew that she was. My famili is blessed to be part of GO Ben is a true teacher but I see this from all of the GO teachers they have a passion to truly teach our kids and help them grow to be confident and to be themselves. I just wish that HUSD would appreciate a parents option to pick the best type of school for our children and GO was the best decesion I have ever made for my daughters education. Thank you Deidre,Ben, Sarah and all the excellent GO teachers and staff

Posted February 29, 2012
Love the school itself, but most of all love the teachers' passion for what they do. I have seen a difference in my children's behavior, they love going to school. To their second home!

Posted October 16, 2011
Since the day my children started back in 2009, I have never had a single moment of doubt that I had made the right decision. GO provides such an amazing family setting where my children can thrive academically and socially while receiving a well-rounded and individualized education from loving teachers who thankfully have escaped the state's obsession with scripted lesson plans and testing for testing's sake. It's too bad this site doesn't recognize the limitations of rating a school by test scores alone; anyone with a true eye for quality education would rate this school a 10!

Golden Oak Montessori of Hayward School
2652 Vergil Court, Castro Valley, CA  94546
Last modified Golden Oak Montessori of Hayward School is a Charter school that serves grades 2-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Oak Montessori of Hayward School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.