Castro Valley, CA
Students enrolled: 1,388

Canyon Middle School 4

Posted May 19, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers are fun and really helpful to he students.

Posted May 18, 2013
I am currently an 8th grader at Canyon Middle School. My school is amazing! All of the teachers are great, and everyone gets involved. The school has aloud the art class to paint famous painting throughout the school, which allows us to remain creative. There are so many terrific opportunities the school provides for its students and all of them are amazing. The school takes many out of district transfer students and they just make our school family better. I couldn't ask for a better school.

Posted October 14, 2012
The new API results just blew me away. I have always been happy with the level of instruction and the caliber of the students at the upper echelon, but often wondered about other subgroups at Canyon since it is such a large and diverse place. Well, the 2012 results show that Canyon made tremendous improvements all across the board! If you don't believe me, check our the scores for yourself at greatschools.com. This is a testament to our principal Mr. Crogan's tireless dedication to excellence and incredible leadership. Go Cougars!

Posted March 10, 2011
I am a parent of a sixth grader at Canyon Middle School. As a parent I am impressed with the quality of the teachers and administration. The campus is very clean and well maintained. My daughter is very happy at this school. Her teachers provide her with challenging and creative projects. The academics are very strong. They have spirit days and extra events promote school pride.

Canyon Middle School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
canyon middle skool is a great school to be.....i am a 8 grade student nd i have been attendiing theis skool for 3 years nd im glad i go to canyon cause everyone here gets along...the teachers r reallly great nd nice..the only thing is that we cnt have cell phones after skool we have to be off campus to use it...i thinkt hats really unfair ......they taake ur fone away on the first time u use it nd the teacher sees it ..i think thats really unfair...

Posted January 25, 2010
i love this school i came here and everybody was so nice . it was so awsome going there and i hpoe you can to

Canyon Middle School 4

Posted October 27, 2009
Canyon Middle School is a great school. I am currently an 8th grader there, and I love my classes and teachers. Canyon has many teachers that were recognized as teacher of the year for CVUSD, and I can tell through their methods and styles of teaching. I am in leadership, and this class has really helped me learn to reach out to everyone in the school community and the community of Castro Valley. The only things that I would change are the dress code restrictions that are extreme, and are pointless, the cell phone rule that prohibits students to use their cell phone, even after school and at after school events even if they aren't on campus and the rule that restricts hugging. Last year I struggled in the feild of math, and I was called at home and my parents, my teacher and I all discussed how I could improve.

Posted May 11, 2009
Canyon is one huge family,,,it has its ups and a few downs, but the teachers are doing their best and I believe, at the unique ages of 12,13, and 14, the kids are trying hard to learn! A school is not a business,,,it is people coming togetther as a service,,,and Canyon is top notch in my opinion!

Posted November 26, 2008
Canyon is the first school in the alameda county to become a shcool to watch. Currently, i have two children there and they come home happy and proud. i have no problem with their school adittude. My son receives lots of attention from his teachers and if he is struggling, the school notices right away. They have a very wide rande of academic helps, including: peer to peer help, avid tutoring, library tutoring, cjsf turoring, and much much more. Also,there is a lot of variety of sports, like, football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, intermidial volleyball, soocer, badmittion, track, cross country,and much much more.

Posted November 04, 2008
I used to go to this school. This school is the best. It's even better than the new school that just got built that I go to now!

Canyon Middle School
19600 Cull Canyon Road, Castro Valley, CA  94552
Last modified Canyon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top