Castro Valley, CA

Posted May 22, 2013
Overall, this school is really great. We have a daughter in pre-k and k, and they both have learned so much from their teachers. They really do encourage parents to volunteer, which I think is hugely important. The biggest issue is that there is a large percentage of students coming in to kindergarten without some of the basics. This does slow down some of the large class work. Luckily, the teachers do small group instruction as well, which helps those students who are a little further along. The thing I love about this school is how multicultural it is. Students literally from around the world. This bit of education is invaluable.

Posted January 23, 2013
Very happy with school. I know my child is receiving a great education by caring and knowledgeable teachers & faculty. Would highly recommend this school.

Posted January 09, 2013
This is a great school. Great grounds and awesome teachers. I found that the teachers not only were excellent at their job (teaching) but at gaining trust, respect, and even friendship from their students.

Posted January 08, 2013
My son goes here for over a year: Great school & amazing & dedicated teachers!!! Very happy to be part of CVE!!!

Posted January 08, 2013
I love this great school because the teachers pay full attention to every single child and give them the love and respect.

Posted May 23, 2012
My son goes to school here he is just finishing 1st grade. I must say I love this school and the involvement with the teachers.

Posted May 07, 2011
My Daughter is in KG and she loves it!! I am proud that my daughter is in CVE!! Initially when I saw the ranking of 7 OUT OF 10....I was little worried but very soon I realized that my choice was correct!! My daughter loves to go to the school each day, I have seen the education method by her teacher and am confident about my decision!!

Posted May 14, 2010
My son is just about to end 1st grade at CVE. I can't think of a better place for him to spend his elementary school education. Principal Denise Hohn is an amazing lady who makes it a point to respect and get to know the kids as well as the parents. I am impressed by the amount of enthusiastic parental involvement through PATA, family participation and class volunteering. CVE has an excellent teaching staff, and friendly school staff coming together to make this uniquely diverse campus work.

Castro Valley Elementary School 0

Posted August 18, 2009
My son is entering 1st grade in September. I could not be happier with his wonderful kindie teacher. She was truly meant to teach little ones. Her dedication to her class and her craft really shined through. The teachers I encountered were all enthusiastic about CVE. I was impressed by the parent involvement in continuing to make CVE the place to be!

Posted September 24, 2008
My son is in Kindergarten this year. I am lucky enough to have had a transfer from san Leandro District to CV. I think this school is great so far!! Very academically driven, great staff and principal. I am very impressed with this school. CVE is the place to be!!!

Castro Valley Elementary School
20185 San Miguel Avenue, Castro Valley, CA  94546
(510) 537-1919
Last modified Castro Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castro Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top