Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I would give less stars, but I love my sons teachers thus far. The school is pretty run down. If you're looking for a school that puts on cute shows for the holidays, this is not the school for you. If you're looking for a school that has a lot of fun things going on to keep the parents/students connected with the school/staff, this is not the school for you. My son's teachers have been great and he's in 1st grade now (only 2 years of teachers so far). The Principal is a huge issue for me. I feel like my son is treated more like a number than a child. The Principal talks down to me, is condescending, and doesn't address any concerns I have. The teachers and front desk employees are really the best part.

Overall, this school is really great. We have a daughter in pre-k and k, and they both have learned so much from their teachers. They really do encourage parents to volunteer, which I think is hugely important. The biggest issue is that there is a large percentage of students coming in to kindergarten without some of the basics. This does slow down some of the large class work. Luckily, the teachers do small group instruction as well, which helps those students who are a little further along. The thing I love about this school is how multicultural it is. Students literally from around the world. This bit of education is invaluable.

Very happy with school. I know my child is receiving a great education by caring and knowledgeable teachers & faculty. Would highly recommend this school.

This is a great school. Great grounds and awesome teachers. I found that the teachers not only were excellent at their job (teaching) but at gaining trust, respect, and even friendship from their students.

My son goes here for over a year: Great school & amazing & dedicated teachers!!! Very happy to be part of CVE!!!

I love this great school because the teachers pay full attention to every single child and give them the love and respect.

My son goes to school here he is just finishing 1st grade. I must say I love this school and the involvement with the teachers.

My Daughter is in KG and she loves it!! I am proud that my daughter is in CVE!! Initially when I saw the ranking of 7 OUT OF 10....I was little worried but very soon I realized that my choice was correct!! My daughter loves to go to the school each day, I have seen the education method by her teacher and am confident about my decision!!

My son is just about to end 1st grade at CVE. I can't think of a better place for him to spend his elementary school education. Principal Denise Hohn is an amazing lady who makes it a point to respect and get to know the kids as well as the parents. I am impressed by the amount of enthusiastic parental involvement through PATA, family participation and class volunteering. CVE has an excellent teaching staff, and friendly school staff coming together to make this uniquely diverse campus work.

My son is entering 1st grade in September. I could not be happier with his wonderful kindie teacher. She was truly meant to teach little ones. Her dedication to her class and her craft really shined through. The teachers I encountered were all enthusiastic about CVE. I was impressed by the parent involvement in continuing to make CVE the place to be!

Last modified Castro Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.