Castro Valley, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted July 17, 2014
Independent is an excellent school with wonderful principal, caring teachers and outstanding PTA. I'm so happy that I chose this school for my daughter.

Posted August 10, 2010
Having been at private schools previously, it was an easy transition for my children to acclimate to Independent Elementary last year. The teachers I've had the honor to work with in my children's education, the other families we've met, and the after school program associated with the school are all of the highest quality. It is a wonderful community of teachers and families that provides a well rounded environment for the children to grow and mature in. Definitely didn't expect to find this level of quality and sense of community in a public school. Such a happy surprise!

Independent Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
The community is amazing at Independent elementary. The staff have always made us feel as though we are truly, all one big family. The teachers genuinely care about their students and the families of their students. The teachers guide the children through their academic adventures with love, intellect and compassion. I love the school so much that I am now earning my teaching credential and doing my field work at Independent. This school cares about all of us, they deserve to be appreciated.

Posted February 20, 2010

Posted May 27, 2009
This is a great school. Teachers are great. They definitely assist and foster the growth of each students.

Independent Elementary School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
My son is a new student at Independent. His teacher Mrs Hanson is GREAT!. She is a natural. The principal is great leader and most of all my son loves going to school there.

Posted January 19, 2009
Both of my children are students at Independent and they love it!!! The teachers are great and know how to chanllenge the students while encouraging their individual strengths and fostering growth when it comes to their weaknesses. The principal is friendly and is always available.

Independent Elementary School 3

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted December 05, 2008
Teachers are expectacular. They are open minded and very caring.

Posted September 18, 2008
Great School, great teachers, fine principle. My kids are thriving there.

Independent Elementary School
21201 Independent School Road, Castro Valley, CA  94552
Last modified Independent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Independent Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top