Bad
Good

So many issues with this school. From the indifferent staff and principal, to the complete lack of security or caring for your child's safety (mine was left alone to wait for me after school on her own in the parking lot), the 3 story staircase that all the little ones have to walk up every morning (God forbid one of them fall down and domino all the others). I would like think the teachers are caring. Unfortunately, my child did not get one of those. Please consider a different school for your child. I left an honest review on Greatschools and it was deleted. Nothing defamatory in it, and did not name names. Are you going to delete this one too, GS???

Develops character: Strongly agree

Values are core to the curriculum with awards given to those who model good behavior.

Fantastic leadership and staff, high parent involvement, excellent PTA, top quality after school program (Adventure Time). There does appear to be an emerging issue related to higher needs kids coming in from outside the area. These kids are placing extra demands on the teachers, straining their ability to maintain the existing high standards.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Fantastic principle, faculty, and parents. There are some emerging challenges associated with higher needs students coming in from outside the area.

Independent is an excellent school with wonderful principal, caring teachers and outstanding PTA. I'm so happy that I chose this school for my daughter.

Having been at private schools previously, it was an easy transition for my children to acclimate to Independent Elementary last year. The teachers I've had the honor to work with in my children's education, the other families we've met, and the after school program associated with the school are all of the highest quality. It is a wonderful community of teachers and families that provides a well rounded environment for the children to grow and mature in. Definitely didn't expect to find this level of quality and sense of community in a public school. Such a happy surprise!

The community is amazing at Independent elementary. The staff have always made us feel as though we are truly, all one big family. The teachers genuinely care about their students and the families of their students. The teachers guide the children through their academic adventures with love, intellect and compassion. I love the school so much that I am now earning my teaching credential and doing my field work at Independent. This school cares about all of us, they deserve to be appreciated.

This is a great school. Teachers are great. They definitely assist and foster the growth of each students.

My son is a new student at Independent. His teacher Mrs Hanson is GREAT!. She is a natural. The principal is great leader and most of all my son loves going to school there.

Both of my children are students at Independent and they love it!!! The teachers are great and know how to chanllenge the students while encouraging their individual strengths and fostering growth when it comes to their weaknesses. The principal is friendly and is always available.

Last modified Independent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.