Excellent school with a challenging level of work that pushes the kids but not too much. My child has been attending for 2 years now, and I feel like he's getting private school level education. Teachers are committed and knowledgeable, and the overall student conduct seems managed in a way that allows for a safe and fun learning environment.
This school provides a great learning environment and an all-around education for my kids. 90% of the teachers are very good. Can't speak for the rest 10%. There is at least one exceptionally great teacher in each grade, and because the teachers communicate well with each other the overall quality is really good. 3rd graders produce a musical, 4th graders have an overnight trip, and 4th&5th graders have spelling bee and geography bee. Half of the 5th graders also have a Shakespeare unit, during which they put out a play. We are very happy with this school, and my younger one refuses to move because she wants to stay at this school!
The teachers are great. They welcome parent participation, which allows them more time to actually spend with the kids & be able to spot problem areas early, before it actually becomes too difficult to correct. They teach the kids to work together & help each other out. Overall, the teachers, staff, & parents make the school an extremely conducive place for learning.
Good kids; teachers must be doing an excellent jobs - as are their parents :)
Very challenging in terms of student workload with a very high degree of parental involvement verging on, dare I say it, over-involvement. You can expect to see moms come by to bring their kids lunch and clean their desks for them at noon. Teacher quality is generally high with a large percentage of children working above grade level. This is not a school for the slacker student. Culturally this school is predominantly Asian in an affluent area with lots of support for Asian kids in terms of language, translation for non-English-speaking Asian parents and cultural activities. A very good but very intense school, ideal for gifted and talented kids.
Although the curriculum at Jensen is challenging, the support from teachers, staff, the principal and the very involved parents help the children achieve their personal and classroom goals.
love love love the school and teachers. i love the sense of community in this neighborhood.
The energy level and commitment of everyone in the Jensen Ranch community is amazing. The PTA gives the school what ever it asks. The principal is a leader with a clear vision for what she wants Jensen Ranch to become. The teachers work as a team and encourage parental involvement and the parents jump at the chance. Not only do the teachers expect each child to preform at his best, but 'mega' character themes are also emphasized things like compassion, responsibility. With the PTA fund raising, extracurricular activities include an annual science fairs, trips to local theatre. It is a great place for a child to be nutured, to learn academic and moral lessons.
I currently have a child attending Jensen Ranch and we love the school. The teachers we have had were engaging and caring. The teachers have been very welcoming towards the parents as volunteers and visitors. As a parent, I feel the school is giving a great well-rounded education for my child.
Community ratings and reviews do not represent the views of GreatSchools nor does GreatSchools check their accuracy or verify the reviewers' identities. Use your discretion when evaluating these reviews.
The Community Rating is the school’s average rating from its community members (e.g., parents, students, and school staff). The highest possible rating is five stars; the lowest is one star.
To start a new list, click OK. Otherwise click Cancel.
Thank you! You will begin to receive newsletters from us shortly.
Thanks for verifying your updated email address.
Oops! That email verification link has expired. Please click the button below to receive a new one.
Create an account to submit your answers.
Sign in with an existing GreatSchools account or using Facebook:
Your review has been posted to GreatSchools.
Share with friends! Post your opinion of Jensen Ranch Elementary School on Facebook.
Welcome to GreatSchools!
Thank you for registering as a school leader. We just need to verify your email address. We've sent you an email - please click on the link in that message to get started editing your school's information!
Thanks! We just sent you an email – please click on the link in the email to post your answers.
Get timely updates for Jensen Ranch Elementary School, including performance data and recently posted user reviews.