Castro Valley, CA

Posted October 29, 2013
Diverse learning environment, fantastic principal, high standards, plenty of extracurricular activities. Wish more parents would get involved, but that seems to be the norm at any school.

Posted February 06, 2013
I too had problems with a teacher at this school. I caught her yelling at students and once at my daughter as I stood behind her. She was caught off guard as there was no justification for her behavior. Favoritism was definitely apparent. I also spoke to the Principal about my concerns and felt she was too passive. Fortunately, my daughter only attended one school year. She graduated and I sought out an alternative school for my son who was going into Kindergarten through Open Enrollment. I could not be happier. I gave this school two stars for their literacy programs and ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee).

Posted July 29, 2012
At the time my son was there Jack was principle and he was great. But my son had a teacher who was cruel to him. Essentially she bullied him. She had favorites and he wasn't one of them. I didn't know how bad it was until a year later when his friends started telling me about the way she treated him. She teaches a different grade now and it's been a few years but she will always be remembered. The other teachers were great but she made a 10 year old boy feel terrible about himself.

Stanton Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
As a retired teacher who ended her career at Stanton Elementary School, I was always impressed with the wonderful support the Parents' Club gave to me and my students. I couldn't have done it without my amazing parent helpers in the classroom either. The community school is outstanding in every respect! :^)

Stanton Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2010
I'm really impressed by the recent STAR test results from 2nd and 5th graders. Congrats to the students, parents and teachers for a job well done.

Stanton Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2010
I'm a Dad with a similar experience as the other parent who rated this school at 2 stars. Bullying is not punished by the teachers. We had an experience where bullying became a serious safety issue, and even the principal refused to address it until the problem was escalated to her superiors at the district office. Too many of the teachers yell at the children, and two of them hand out 'behavior cards' (intended to punish bad behavior) for children with good behavior who don't finish writing assignments on time. The school has good test scores, but is critically misguided regarding discipline.

Posted June 03, 2010
I love this great school because they, put atention to every single child an what they need help, thas way they are the # 1 start

Posted March 19, 2010
It is unfortunate that the person before me had a bad experience, but I don't think that is usually the case. My children and my neighbors' children love Stanton Elementary and the teachers. They work hard and really care about the students. The pressure for high test scores is true for all schools, not just here at Stanton.

Posted March 18, 2010
Well, my opinion is probably not going to be too popular here. While the teachers in general are, for the most part, caring and hard working, bullying against children (and yes, it does happen) is often ignored, or the child is expected to handle the problem better than many adults would do. There is also a tendency if you're a parent who is unable, due to real world constraints such as work to be very involved, to have your concerns brushed under the carpet. Problem children who do something positive get praised, good kids who are consistently good are often overlooked for the same praise. I was told by one teacher that this individual felt that 'Caught Being Good' should really be given to those more problematic as a way of encouragement. Where's the encouragement for the kids who strive to do their best and stay out of trouble? Sad.

Stanton Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2010
Fantastic school. All my neighbors love it, I love it, annd more importantly my children love it. Every teacher I have encounter seems to really know their stuff. Some teachers don't seem to get involved as much as others. I always recommend this school to my friends.

Stanton Elementary School
2644 Somerset Avenue, Castro Valley, CA  94546
Last modified Stanton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stanton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top