Vannoy Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2013
My son had a very high score on the California Standard Test which He contributed to the school. And I thank all the teachers for doing a Terrific job! But one thing I didn't like, the Principal is very selective, not friendly at all. He only favors to those parents at the school committee/ parents who are active at the school. If you don't volunteer, he's not even going to pay attention to you.

Posted October 14, 2012
I have been a parent at Vannoy for the past eight years. What amazes me is the fact that the administration, teachers and the parent community seem to find ways to improve upon their excellence year after year. Academically, my older one who now attends middle school, was solidly prepared to compete with children who attended the more "rigorous" schools in the district, attesting to the high quality of teaching at Vannoy. My younger child, who trails his sibling by four years, is also receiving high exceptional instruction from variety of seasoned teachers here, yet I notice that the bar has been raised higher. There seems to be increased emphasis on achievement and general sense of school pride by teachers, students and parents. The parent community is active and dedicated. You can expect almost full attendance at back to school nights and open house. What I like most about this school is the focus on character development. The principal developed several programs to encourage and reinforce values such as responsibility, self-initiative, respect and self control. New students who transfers to Vannoy would find the school a positive, safe and welcoming place for all.

Posted October 14, 2012
Amazing Parent Involvement! The teachers are extremely committed and kind hearted. The Principal, Mr. Ko, shows tremendous leadership. What amazes me about him is his commitment. Also, his active involvement in after school events, activities and meetings is admirable. The students are well aware of his presence and respect for the school but most importantly, for each one of them. I LOVE Vannoy! (Special programs: Second Language English Learners).

Posted May 16, 2011
Everyone participates in everything. The Principal, staff, teachers and parents care. A lots of activities and field trips for the kids were from the help of Parent Club. As a parent, I don't mind paying a few dollars for field trips that the school has no budget for. My nieces and nephews from different school districts have no field trips at all and I feel that they missed out a lot. My daughter is in 3rd now and she has been there since Kindergarten. She loves the school so much that she begs for us not to move. She "plans" to finish her years here then move on to Canyon and then CV High, great plan right?

Posted October 28, 2010
Love this amazing little school! I would say it is much like a private school, but even better in many ways! My favorites: Vannoy is located on a quiet street, there are less than 400 students -so all the kids know each other, students are kind and respectful, we have great parent/student/staff/Principal participation and camaraderie! Lots of opportunities for after-school enrichment and community building, our Principal is very active and engaged with the students, staff, parents and community! We rock!

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted November 05, 2007
My child is a very active young boy and absolutely loves Vannoy. The staff is experienced and truly seems to care about the students' education. Our principal represents our school well with the district and is doing the right things with the school as a whole.

Posted June 04, 2007
My child who has been at Vannoy for the past two years truly love and respect his teachers. They were instrumental in building self confidence and self respect in my child. The new principal is also great because he is constantly looking for ways to improve the school. I think Vannoy is quiet possibly the best elementary school in Castro Valley in terms of teacher and support staff quality.

Posted July 05, 2006
Vannoy is a great school at all levels of a child's educational development. The teachers commitment and dedication to the children's education is quite evident. The music for minors program is great. The sports and the after school homework club are also great. Parent participation is very impressive at Vannoy. I'm very happy that my children attend this school.

Vannoy Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2006
Good academic programs including science lab, music for minors program (via trained parent volenteers), after school homework club, lots of field trips. The parent club has contributed greatly to the library collection of books and field trips. Although this wasn't our first choice of schools, it turned out to be a very good school and experience for our child.

Vannoy Elementary School
5100 Vannoy, Castro Valley, CA  94546
Last modified Vannoy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vannoy Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top