Posted September 30, 2014
My daughter and son attends OLG and they love the teachers. We love how Mrs. Fischer, the Interim Principal is always involved and welcomes us with a warm smile and encouraging words. Being new to the school, we were all anxious. But that all went away after the 1st few weeks because of the all the families and the teachers are who were very kind, helpful and welcoming. We highly recommend this school not only because of the community and the great leadership that Mrs. Fischer has demonstrated but also because of the high academic standards. Keep up the good work.

Posted August 10, 2013
My first son has attended OLG since he started Kindergarten, and he will be entering 3rd grade this September. Each year, I have been extremely impressed by the quality of the teachers, programs, and administration. They do a great job with the basics of reading, writing, and arithmetic while also providing a solid education in Catholicism. We like the school so much that my second son will be starting T-Kindergarten at OLG this September.

Posted August 05, 2013
I am so thankful we decided to send our children to Our Lady of Grace Catholic School! From Transitional Kindergarten all the way up to 8th grade all the teachers are exceptional educators and mentors to the "scholars" they teach. The principal has wonderful leadership skills and truly inspires the kids. What a wonderful school community to be a part of. This school excels at educating a well rounded child.

Posted June 15, 2012
This is more than a school - it is a village consisting of wonderful students, excellent teachers, attentive staff, fantastic principal.and caring parents. We transferred our child from a very good, highly rated as we were looking for something with consistent structure, strong values and opportunities for greater learning outside the box that is the public school curriculum. We have found it at OLG.

Posted March 16, 2011
Our child has been attending OLG for that last few years and loves it. It is a safe and nurturing environment. The new principal is wonderful. He has injected a lot of energy into the school. He greets and speaks to the entire student body every morning and is motivating, funny and personable. Yet he also teaches the students to be respectful and to display good conduct. He is very approachable and really does have an "open-door" policy. He will answer any question or resolve any issue you may have right away. The older students interact a lot with the younger ones through faith family groups which creates a fun and supportive environment. We have been very pleased with our child's academic progress! The teachers are great and the lower grade classes all have teaching assistants. The school has embraced technology and uses it effectively in communication between the administration/faculty and the parents. If you want to give your child an excellent education within a safe, fun and bully-free environment with the added benefit of gaining a morals/value-based foundation, then take a look at this school, we are so happy we did!

Posted November 17, 2010
Our child is in their 2nd year at this school. They are great with technology including interactive white boards in all classrooms, weekly computer lab time, and a recent fundraiser to purchase iPads. Parents are required to volunteer 30 hours per year which forces us to keep involved in the school and get to know each other. It's a nice sense of community for the parents and kids. From K-8 the kids are well mannered and seem to take care of each other. It's a nice environment and my child loves this school. It's great to see the younger and older students knowing each other's names and interacting regularly. It's almost like having 150 brothers and sisters. The new Principal is great and very involved. He seems to have raised the bar even higher for the school. He directs traffic many days. He also challenged the kids to read a certain number of hours which they met. He had green slime poured on him one day and had to wear roller skates another day to pay off the 'bet' with the student body. The kids were really motivated and thought it was great.

Posted October 13, 2010
I like the faith families. Faith families are made of children from K to 8th grade. The join in their groups or "families" weekly to play game and learn how to live their faith. It's a great feeling when you see the young students adoring the older students; there is no fear, just a look of awe in their eyes. Watching the older students care for their group and the younger students, you have to acknowledge that these are some great kids.

Posted October 10, 2010
Excellent liberal arts curriculum! These teachers know how to teach children to read and write! Math and Science program becoming very competetive. Electronic white boards in most classrooms. Small teacher to student ratios. Music program still alive during and after school. After school Spanish class! Yearly dance program with 100 % participation including middle school students. Middle school kids have manners! Sense of community is wonderful. Awesome parent involvment. Nice principal.

Posted January 01, 2010
When I enrolled my child I wanted a well balanced education, which OLG has meet. The school encourages parent participation, but I found that staff and parents aren't as willing to interact if you are not in the inner circle which makes some parents feel uncomfortable.

Posted August 23, 2009
I have found the community I had always hoped for. My vision for my childrens education has always been a vision of intelligent thought combined with heartfelt wisdom. I want my children to learn art and still love humanity, to excell in science not let it question their spirit, to believe in their abilities to create goodness in the world. I have found all of this at OLG

Our Lady Of Grace School
3427 Somerset Avenue, Castro Valley, CA  94546
Last modified Our Lady Of Grace School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of Grace School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top