Bad
Good

North Monterey County High School 5

Posted September 29, 2015
Great school,great education received. This school has maintained the higher standards concerning education. Most schools have little or no arts programs or sports programs, NMCHS staff gave fought and even worked for free to have these programs continue...you can't get more dedicated than that! Sure buildings and grounds could use updates... What school doesn't!?! I am a proude Graduate and parent if a NMCHS student.

North Monterey County High School 3

Posted November 01, 2013
I do not think this school is dfferent from others. They are in a survival mode..the student is the enemy and if any kid is outside the box they play 'whack a mole'.....crowd control and treating the student like the enemy seems to be the norm...oh yeah, they do not know how to teach math so Cali students are failing in this subject not just here. The textbooks are not written by talented, crative people but by people with degrees that can't relate with people so they write textbooks that are not comprehensible. the Counselors are condescending to the students and the parents beause they seem to hate their jobs not wanting to be an advocate for themselves so why help the kids....my estimation in a nutshell. They do not promote parent involvement at all.

North Monterey County High School 1

Posted February 24, 2011
I had to write in about the treatment our children are receiving at north Monterey county, I am a mother of two high school kids. When trying to reach help from the faculty seems a big joke. They ignore your calls and start making it a living hell for the kids that want answers for their so called new rules. I pulled out my children like so many parents to insure that our children do get a good education with respect from adults that should not bully kids. Yes faculty am telling you this: children should be protected even from the ones who run the system. Think would you like the same treatment for your own children you are giving to our children.

Posted May 14, 2009
Poor facilities but the school still succeeds in athletics. Really successful Track & Field teams as well as Cross Country. Friendly students, safe environment, good bell schedule. The 3 block system definately makes it easier on us students. It's a small school, but it;s a relaxed environment. No gang activity like at other high schools in the area. Good programs. Good Teachers. I love it. Our gym should definately be remodeled though.

North Monterey County High School 1

Posted October 10, 2008
I went to the school for 2 weeks and couldn't handle it. The place is an 'animal house.' My teacher there was honestly a drunk. He was known for it. I also, coming from a charter school, was one of the few only kids in class doing work when asked to. One kid was spitting tobacco and spit in on the floor. The teacher had no clue about it. I currently am back to the school I came from, Hallmark Charter, and i love it. I have so much more work, but it is definitely worth it then the 'animal house.'

North Monterey County High School 4

Posted June 30, 2008
Overall, I would have to say that this school is not bad. It offers a wide variety of programs, and help. The teachers are willing to assist the student as long as the studen shows intiative and seeks the help.

Posted March 02, 2008
This high school represents the best I've observed in public education. Those individuals who state taht cannot get a respnse with anyone at nmchs must be extraordinarily difficult to contact as I have always been contacted by each individual at the school I either phoned or e-mailed. My child was supremely prepared for her college, and is now on the verge of graduating iwth honors, this being accomplished by the outstanding foundation provided by the faculty and staff of nmchs. Recommend with great enthusiasm and without reservation.

North Monterey County High School 5

Posted May 27, 2007
Beware, the campus looks horrible. Hopefully this can be fixed. But that is the parents, and tax payers problem, not the people who work there. They are very good. My son is getting a first rate education. I am very happy that my son didn't go to an elitist private school. Here he has learned about working with, and being with a diverse, and very good population of all socioeconomic levels.

North Monterey County High School 4

Posted February 15, 2006
All in all my family loves North County High School. The kids get along great, there are many activities and the AP teachers and classes are wonderful!

North Monterey County High School 3

Posted November 10, 2005
My daughter is a student at this school. She is constantly stuggling with classes. The no-child left behind law certainly lacks desire at this school. My daughter needs one-on-one tutoring, but the counselor, teachers just don't seem to understand this. I have had to HIRE a outside tutor to get the type of tutoring that my daughter needs. I am disappointed in the level of involvement that the school has shown.

13990 Castroville Boulevard, Castroville, CA  95012-9749
Last modified North Monterey County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.