Cathedral City, CA

Landau Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
Worst school ever! My child should be in Kindergarten but was forced to enroll her in 1st grade, great way to set her up to fail and make more money for the school. And they have done nothing for my son's IEP nor have they even started working with my daughter who needs speech as well. All I can say is, we should have stayed in Kansas so they can get the proper education they need. Looks like it's back to homeschooling for me.

Landau Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Because there are great kids attending this school in this great community.

Landau Elementary School 5

Posted May 21, 2009
I have two children currently attending Landau, and they have always had excellent teachers. My children seem happy and I can only attribute this to the caring and nurturing environment in the classroom. Recently I have noticed the emphasis placed on test scores to be a bit overwhelming not just on students but on the teachers. I understand test scores are important, but the pressure placed on the schools by the state to perform seem unyielding, even though recent cut backs are leaving the school with little funding for after school classes and educational field trips. I have come to realize that any school is only as good as the parents and community that contribute their time, knowledge and funding to it. I give Landau five stars for doing such a fantastic job with what little resources they are given.

Landau Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2009
I am very disapointed witht the standards that this school has held up to. My child is a special needs child and was placed in special education. We discussed mainstreaming her slowly so that we may see if it worked for her or not. One day our child was just thrown into a mainstream class and not receiving her PT, or OT therapy that she needs. She also has fallen back and regressed in her education and become more frustrated and angry lately due to not being like the other children that she's been placed into group with. She is also allergic to processed sugars ie: chocolate, ho ho's etc... due to one of her disorders and came home with chocolate all over her clothes and face. She has been an uncontrollable mess and has not slept for days now since then and We are dealing with the reprocussions.

Landau Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2008
I am very pleased with the education that my children are recieving at Landau. The teachers that my children have had over the past 3 years are the top of the line and I could not hope for more of a professional group of teachers.

Landau Elementary School 3

Posted March 17, 2007
School has lowered discipline standards; uniforms almost non-existent now, as well as discipline. School to have wonderful schoolwide Cinco de mayo celebrations; this ended with current administration. Very sad. No after school programs as iin past; intervention only. Teachers work very, very hard here. Great office and custodial staff.

Posted May 18, 2006

Landau Elementary School 5

Posted February 18, 2006
Highly qualified, caring teachers. Great atmosphere; safe, positive. Lots of opportunities for enrichment. Good core curriculum.

Posted August 01, 2005
The academic programs and extracurricular activities are available to students whose parents know how to access the system. The school is very crowded and on a year round system with four tracks to accomodate its population. My daughter was in track D and in the Gate program. She got a really good education, access to outside science education, meaningful field trips and extra opportunities to participate in the performing arts. Other tracks (particularly track B) are very different. Ther percentage of caucasian students in track D is much higher than it is in track B (which is mostly Hispanic). Children whose parents don't speak English and who cannot advocate for them will miss out on a lot of opportunities. There is inequity in the education offered to some of the students. That aside, the administration really cares about the kids, the parents are involved, most of the teachers are good.

Posted April 12, 2005
academics are good, extracurricular activities average, high parental involvement, caring, capable teachers.

Landau Elementary School
30310 Landau Boulevard, Cathedral City, CA  92234
Last modified Landau Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landau Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top