Ceres, CA

Posted August 19, 2010
This is a great school! The teachers are very nice and make learning fun. The only complaint I have is that they could spend more time memorizing math facts because it seems that all the kids have trouble remembering them.

Posted August 16, 2007
Between three children, we have been a Carroll Fowler family for eleven years and we are very pleased with our children's education. Their state test scores are good, the oldest two have excelled in Jr. High and High School and our daughter loves to go to school every day. She has never missed a day in three years. As parents, we try to stay involved in our school and support our teachers and staff. Carroll Fowler has always cared about the students first. We are very proud of the accomplishments the school has made over the years. We have seen many changes and upgrades over time and can honestly say Carroll Fowler gets better every year. We are proud to be Carroll Fowler parents.

Posted June 05, 2007
My daughter has attended for three years. The first two years I loved. She gets excellent grades however this year I felt she was deprived of some of her education. She was only taken on one field trip. I do like the renissance program because it definately motivates the kids to try their best. I would like to [see] my daughter get more music and technology study. Overall Carrroll Fowler is a good school.

Posted April 22, 2006
I think that, overall, Carroll Fowler School is quite good. Academically most of the teacher work very hard in providing all students with a quality education. The school has met or exceeded all academic growth targets set by the state. Futhermore, many of the teachers go above and beyond in helping the students. The new Renaissance program has helped many students, including mine, work a little harder academically. I think that the afterschool programs could use a lot of work. It does not seem that children get the assistance they need. It just seems understaffed. While there is a small network of very dedicated parents, it would be great to see even more parents get involved.

Carroll Fowler Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2006
If any school, especially carroll fowler school intends to provide excellent education to/for its students, all teachers must know & understand the state & text book scope & sequence. Administration must insist and enforce that each and all textbooks be used daily & judiciously. Without daily use of textbooks, a sequential, uniform curriculum is not taught and students are deprived of a quality education. February is a whole month for teaching citizenship and social studies: 2 presidents birthdays are celebrated in feb. February is too valuable a month to be devoted only to valentine's day. Organized and daily character education and conflict resolution programs and activities must also be modeled and directly taught by all teachers and administration. There are teachable moments every day. Use these to educate students to become informed, productive and quality citizens of this country. Get serious with curriculum. Test with integrity.

Posted December 14, 2005
I am very glad that my student is attending Carroll Fowler. The teachers are very involved with the community and have the student's best interests at heart. My student loves going to school every day!

Carroll Fowler Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2005

Posted March 22, 2005
From day 1 I realized the quality of school my child now attends compared to the last school. I enjoy the incentives the kids have for doing there best. My boy came from a uniform school (i did not agree with.) Fowler is a no uniform school and it allows the child to make decisions. I am overyl impressed with this school.

Posted January 25, 2004
As a parent of a 6th and 2nd grader, I try to be very involved in my children's education. I visit the classrooms regularly and volunteer in their classrooms. I have had the opportunity to watch my children's teachers as well as able to observe other teachers. As in every school there are a mix of educators. Some are in their golden years and some are in the late twenties. This mix makes it possible to help train each other, and complement each other by sharing their experiences. I have listened to teachers conversations and they all share the same belief that every child has the capacity to learn if they will give their best effort to help them. There is a full time reading specialist who identifies the reading levels of each student. Management and staff have shared common goals. Although the school is not perfect, overall I am convinced that this school cares for my children and as long as I get involved, we can make our children's education a priority.

Posted October 14, 2003

Carroll Fowler Elementary School
2611 Garrison Street, Ceres, CA  95307
Last modified Carroll Fowler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carroll Fowler Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top