Samuel Vaughn Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2015
My son has gone here for the past 4 years and like the other parent said it suck the life out of them its true, BOYS can't be boys here! for anything he gets in trouble he got written up for shearing a taquito at lunchtime, and a wk later for kicking a ball to a classmate that told him to kick it back to him cuz it rolled to my sons direction! they are so stupid!!! I'm so close to home schooling him....And they made me hold him back 3rd grade. there was a few kids in there that I definitely thought were going to get held back as well not for nothing them other kids were worse off then my son I agreed to hold him back then I find out he was the only one held back when the others moved on I was furious cuz there should of been more kids also held back they were worse I Volunteer all the time and some still couldn't read my son was a good reader yet he got held back which I thought was BS! I tell you this school plays favoritism a lot!

Samuel Vaughn Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2013
This school is really great! The teachers are wonderful and everyone there goes the extra mile to meet students needs.

Samuel Vaughn Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2010
My son is in the fifth grade. This school is perfect if you want your children to have the life sucked out of them! There were Constant double standards at Sam Vaughn Elementary. The staff "resolved" issues, by appeasing us just to give the appearance that they're working on it, only to be forgotten. I have to admit, my sons 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and kindergarten teachers were fantastic! Before 5th grade, my son loved school, loved his teachers, and a lot of his peers. But, this 5th grade teacher, the principle, and assistant principle, were the cause of my son feeling threatened, and afraid. We still received no help in dealing with issues that had gone on at Sam Vaughn. Two weeks ago, I had to transfer my son to a private school for his safety from being mistreated at Sam Vaughn.

Samuel Vaughn Elementary School

Posted January 14, 2010
I have worked for Ceres Unified Schools in the past. I worked at several different schools in the Ceres district. Samuel Vaughn being one of them. Now as a parent I couldn't be more pleased that my son attends this school. He had a great K grade teacher. His first grade teacher is the greatest. Mrs. Dobbs is great with the childern and super when it comes to getting the parents involved with the class room. I hope that all his teacher are as super as his first two are. If he didn't have Mrs. James for K grade his adjustment from headstart to elementary school would't have went as smoothly as it did. He was so scared of going to a new school after headstart and finding out Mrs, Patty his teacher at preschool was not coming with him. One day with Mrs.James changed all that and he loves Mrs.Dobbstoo.

Posted September 16, 2009
This school has a great teaching staff, along with a great administrative staff. There's not one single person that won't take their time to make sure that the students have the things they need to succeed. The Principal is doing a fine job, and needs to be praised more in my opinion. Parent involvement is getting better, but still needs some work. This is one of the highest ranking schools in our district, and it shows.

Posted June 26, 2007
Sam Vaughn is an outstanding school, my sons have attended since Kindergarten and are now going in the 5th and 6th grade. Both are Honor Roll students thanks to the great Teaching Staff. As far as parent involvement, that is another story. I feel that there is lack of Parent involvement at this school, which I hope will get better due to the fact that we have such an awsome new Principal who is doing things to get more parents excited about getting involved. I wish there were more extra curricular activities, chess clubs, drama, more teachers willing to give some time to these activities. All in all as far as academics, Sam Vaughn is one of the highest ranking schools in our District.

Posted July 12, 2005
My son attended Sam Vaughn for his first two years of school. As a parent I was involved in the classroom at least once a week and I was also a member of the PTA. I was very satisfied with the professionalism of the teachers and the staff. I felt that the students were treated with respect and in a fair manner. I strongly suggest that parents get involved with their childs education, not only at home but in the classroom as well. Education is a joint effort between the parent and the school in which your child attends. More support of our teachers is a must!

Samuel Vaughn Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2004
This school definitely needs to improve the tutoring services available to the kids. Also, they need to focus on the kids that lack in math/reading skills.' The school has a hard time helping those that are falling behind but high focus on the kids that up their scores. High turn over rate in P.E. teachers and music teachers. Over all the teachers are great and go out of their way to help your child.

Samuel Vaughn Elementary School
3618 Helen Perry Road, Ceres, CA  95307
Last modified Samuel Vaughn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Samuel Vaughn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top