Cerritos, CA

Posted May 14, 2015
I have a third and Fifth grader at Newcomb Academy. I have been very happy with this school. I think my kids are getting a great education and love their teachers. Suzanne in the office is always so sweet and helpful when I come in with a question or to pick up my girls. The principal and school counselor seem to really know the students and make themselves available. Also, I noticed the playground aides have recently changed. I think we needed some new faces around campus. My youngest has said that lunch recess is even better now. She feels she can approach these new ladies and feels safe & comfortable around them because they are ladies she has seen around throughout her school years. I'm glad Newcomb keeps things fresh and finds ways to improve the environment.

Bragg Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
Overall Bragg Elementary is a good school, primarily because a large number of the parents, including myself, take an active role in their children's education and social development. With regards to the teaching staff, we have unfortunately been placed with teachers, whom had serious attendence issues and/or did not appear to be fully committed to meet the needs of our student. We also note the lack of communication from the principal and office staff. An end of year letter from the principal would be nice detailing accomplishments made over the past year and key objectives for the upcoming school year. The principal, albeit cordial, appears to be very guarded and unapproachable. Principal's message on website is very general, and is rarely updated. Only a limited number of teachers have updated their pages on website as well. Classroom assignments for upcoming year will not be distributed until first day of school; wherein other elementary schools in district are posting assignments at the end of August to avoid mass confusion on the first day of school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 15, 2013
I love Mary E. Bragg, I go to the school and if i never went there i wouldn't be very smart. The teachers are very smart and nice, I personally love ALL of the teachers, last year I was in Mrs. Ferguson's class and i'm going into 6th grade at the same school but I don't know what teacher i'm getting. You should enroll your child to this school because it could give him/her a head start in their future XOXO ~ Emily Teresa Quesada

Posted November 19, 2011
AMAZING! I just graduated from there and I LOVE all of the teachers. It is amazing and I really learned a lot and had fun there. PICK MARY BRAGG! AMAZING, Good Kids!

Posted April 07, 2011
My child has blossomed because of the nurturing and guidance she has by her teachers at Mary Braggs. Kindergarten: My daughter is painfully shy. Her K-teacher was unsure whether or not she could read, due to the lack of participation. The patience and nurturing environment created by her teacher helped my daughter to come out of her shell. !st Grade: WOW! I love her teacher. She has a website that I can access whenever I have questions about an assignment. Weekly progress notes on what the class is doing are posted. There are links to educational websites. Thank YOU, Mary Bragg for providing my daughter with a positive learning environment.

Posted November 24, 2010
i love this school. it is the best school i know .You should rate 5 for this school because it is the best elementary school in the world. :)

Posted September 21, 2009
One of the Best Schools..for Peace Buliders Program :-)

Posted March 11, 2009
Mary Bragg is wonderful school and best teachers of all.I really appriciate hard work and efford all the teachers and staff gives to student.

Posted January 15, 2008
This school is the best. I love my homeschool it gave me great education i made it into Whitney because of the great teachers.

Posted September 25, 2006
Rules are good and necessary but this is getting ridiculous. If this type of leadership continues, I will be taking my children and tax dollars elsewhere. My kids have requested to go to another school and they had always loved Bragg. Sorry teachers, we love you too, but you aren't even able to teach and nurture the kids as you always have been able to.

11501 Bos Street, Cerritos, CA  90703
Last modified Bragg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bragg Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top