Cerritos, CA
Students enrolled: 2,190

Cerritos High School 1

Posted July 01, 2014
I transferred to CHS ten years ago and i hated it. I had only one real friend for three years because it was very hard to make friends. The environment was boring, and kids segregated themselves... The koreans with koreans, the chinese speakers together, the blacks near the front of the school, etc. There were no interesting clubs, and it was hard to meet creative people who didnt simply study like zombies, or ex-gangsters. I went by the school and its gotten worse...they now have high fences that turn the place into a prison, and there is no color anywhere! Even the school colors are drab and lifeless, which just made me depressed. Plus the whole time I was there everyone had an inferiority complex because they didnt get into whitney, and even the teachers imparted it. At that time most teachers were bitter & bad to mediocre, and you couldnt change teachers easily. I think the science and math classes were better, if not interesting, but the english and history teachers were very meh. In fact most of the English teachers should've been fired, because they couldn't and wouldn't teach. It is a big school and the staff dont have time to know the students. Poor kids!

Cerritos High School 3

Posted June 18, 2013
Im a senior at Cerritos High and my grades have just gotten better this year unlike the other years.. Not enough contact with teacher/staff

Cerritos High School 3

Posted June 18, 2013
Racial issues and wasn't able to get in touch with teachers and staff but other than that it always in need for improvement

Cerritos High School 2

Posted August 30, 2012
Well, Judging from the reviews by the students of Cerritos High School, I would be hesitant to send my child there. It seems very ironic that these kids are bragging about top-tier academics ,while using such seriously horrendous grammar.

Posted October 04, 2010
great academic prpgram together with extra cirricular activities

Posted June 11, 2010
My son is a Freshman at CHS. he was not happy at first as he did not have any freinds but after a couple of months, he was on the baseball team and made freinds through sports and in class. he loves it there and I am very happy, except for one of the teachers, who has no concern for a studying, as he is more concerned about being the coach to one of the sports. Thus he does not grade the students work, for months on end, and thus grades are seen to be so poor, only because he does not update as need be. Today my husband has made a formal complaint about this teacher, whom I hope is severely repremanded. We have no idea what our son's grade actually is as there are no grades to look at

Posted February 17, 2010
Personally, I think Cerritos High School is a wonderful school. It's true that it might be hard to make friends or such, if you are new, but that is what it is like with any school. I had been an immigrant, yet I have been able to adapt to so many things, learn so much, and grow. I honestly think learning, as well as socializing, comes from the student's will to actually try. The school's purpose is to nurture and help that grow. I think Cerritos High School does a WONDERFUL job at doing this.

Cerritos High School 2

Posted December 01, 2009
Personally, sometimes I like the school and do not like the school. I will break down the sections of the school. Students-The students are nice, but as a student that did not go to the ABC Unified Schools, it is really hard to make friends. I do not know anybody at that school and I have been attending Cerritos High School for 3 years and I haven't been able to enjoy my social life over there. Not once I haven't been able to go to their social events. I can see the kids at Cerritos High lack meeting new people(not including people from the ABC school district) Teachers-The teachers are good at the school. Most of them are good and few of them are not good teachers. I can't really say anything about them except they won't really care about you. I wouldnt recommend this school if you're new to the school.

Posted November 11, 2009

Cerritos High School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
Cerritos high school is a very nice school.No wonder it is the most sought school district .The teachers are really nice and dedicated,their response were quick and direct.Keep up the good job.I love Cerritos Teachers.

Cerritos High School
12500 East 183rd Street., Cerritos, CA  90703
Last modified Cerritos High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cerritos High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 116 reviews. Top