Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The school is very invested in the kids as long as the kids show they are willing to do the right thing. My son's counselor and the Principle show great concern in getting and keeping my son on track. Also my son's basketball coach, Is great as well, he is also invested in my son he keeps me updated on all of his progress. So overall I feel really blessed that my son is able to attend Cerritos High School. He has 2 more years left and the fact that he loves his school makes a big difference. Thank you Cerritos.

i don't know who deleted my comment but I'm not gonna stop, this school is one of the worst schools my kid has attended. The principal would rather go on c high tv all the time, instead of doing his job. This school has many racial problems, and bullying. Which will never be handled because the staff says its not true. ignoring what the students are telling them. The staff is very rude and don't help, they would rather stand there are fight with you. The "dean" of the school is also controlling, and doesn't listen to student or parent. And also says that they are wrong , and apparently she is right all of the time.Many of the teachers are extremely rude, and also fight with parents, therefore not helping students. The accelerated students are lifted high, while the students who need extra help are left to struggle and fail. Many times the students, ask for help, and the teachers say find out the problem yourself. I would never recommend anyone to take their student to this school. Theres many other things many people don't know about this school, even though it is highly rated. This is very ridiculous that my comment gets deleted every time i post it, this school must really not want people to know about how terrible it is.

Our experience was great. CHS prepared my child to get into a top university. AP classes were helpful and applied credits in college.i was touched when first year in college, we received a letter my daughter wrote in Mr. Monte Armstrong's AP European history class. The subject was where will I be four years from now. He mailed them four years after her freshman year. What dedication. I hope students take advantage of this wonderful school and further their dreams.

This school has amazing spirit and most of the students are very friendly. There are some really good teachers and there are some really spoiled teachers (teachers that think that they dealing with bad students when they are really not compared to horrible situations in other rough schools in different districts). This school also offers a variety of classes which is good if you are serious about your education and the quality of education is great. The Model UN program is one of the best programs in the entire nation. All of the coaches are devoted to the sport they coach. If you join a sport then it is really easy to make friends. But the administrators keep changing constantly including the counselors which isn't good for the students. The principal is always there for the students.

I transferred to CHS ten years ago and i hated it. I had only one real friend for three years because it was very hard to make friends. The environment was boring, and kids segregated themselves... The koreans with koreans, the chinese speakers together, the blacks near the front of the school, etc. There were no interesting clubs, and it was hard to meet creative people who didnt simply study like zombies, or ex-gangsters. I went by the school and its gotten worse...they now have high fences that turn the place into a prison, and there is no color anywhere! Even the school colors are drab and lifeless, which just made me depressed. Plus the whole time I was there everyone had an inferiority complex because they didnt get into whitney, and even the teachers imparted it. At that time most teachers were bitter & bad to mediocre, and you couldnt change teachers easily. I think the science and math classes were better, if not interesting, but the english and history teachers were very meh. In fact most of the English teachers should've been fired, because they couldn't and wouldn't teach. It is a big school and the staff dont have time to know the students. Poor kids!

Im a senior at Cerritos High and my grades have just gotten better this year unlike the other years.. Not enough contact with teacher/staff

Racial issues and wasn't able to get in touch with teachers and staff but other than that it always in need for improvement

Well, Judging from the reviews by the students of Cerritos High School, I would be hesitant to send my child there. It seems very ironic that these kids are bragging about top-tier academics ,while using such seriously horrendous grammar.

great academic prpgram together with extra cirricular activities

My son is a Freshman at CHS. he was not happy at first as he did not have any freinds but after a couple of months, he was on the baseball team and made freinds through sports and in class. he loves it there and I am very happy, except for one of the teachers, who has no concern for a studying, as he is more concerned about being the coach to one of the sports. Thus he does not grade the students work, for months on end, and thus grades are seen to be so poor, only because he does not update as need be. Today my husband has made a formal complaint about this teacher, whom I hope is severely repremanded. We have no idea what our son's grade actually is as there are no grades to look at

Last modified Cerritos High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.