Cerritos, CA

Posted February 13, 2015
I LOVE the recently implemented D.O.G.S. Program (Dads of Great Students). Yet another great program at Nixon! Seeing the fathers (and grandpas) out early in the morning, during and after school helping the teachers to direct traffic, greet students and ensure the safety of all Nixon family members is so inspiring! I make sure that to thank the fathers when I see them sacrificing their early morns and off days to be a part of their (and our) kids life. Of course, us moms are doing this ALL day EVERY day but I have to say that it warms the heart to see papas and grandpas out (so visibly) doing the same. Keep up the good work D.O.G.S....you are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Posted February 12, 2015
Great School. I'm happy to be part of Nixon Academy. My childrent have enjoyed coming here and love their teachers/staff. Everyone is so involved and is always available when you need them. The academics is a reason why I chose Nixon and couldn't be happier with the results.

Posted November 12, 2014
Good school, teach generously, my daughter's reading not too strong, so teacher assigned by different level. Good learning experience.

Posted May 05, 2014
Wow, I cannot believe these reviews. My child struggles and he has gotten the best help ever from all of the teachers. In fact, we left Cerritos Elementary to go to Pat Nixon because of the lack of assistance there. Ms. Casey especially was fabulous. She, along with the other teachers in every class, has helped my child. The reading teacher has also paid close attention to my child's learning. They all returned emails, conferenced with me outside of conference days, and met with me any time I needed to do so. My child has self-confidence and feels good about going to this school every morning. When he left Cerritos he lacked self-confidence, started having stomach aches, and did not like school. From Parent who is a professor

Posted March 05, 2014
This school is ok. When you raise your hand with one other student too, she looks at you for like 20 seconds and then calls on the other kid. Seriously? and sometimes, the teacher calls on the same student over and over. There are like 40 kids in a class and one teacher! How are students supposed to learn?!

Posted January 26, 2014
hello hello, parents, do not blame your school and teachers. spend more time with your kids :) love and genuine education starts at home. if this two important things are practiced and applied,you are not gonna scapegoat your school and teachers, i love you :) Mrs.Ortiz is the BEST PRINCIPLE!

Posted December 02, 2013
My daughter is in K and im so disappointed in this school. I had heard so many good things and found out like wise. I was told that if your child is struggle they don't offer to help with them to pick up there speed. I was told they only help those who are at speed of reading and the lower students don't receive that help. There are 28 to 30 students to 1 teacher. I have volunteered and seen first hand how it is to much for one person to handle. The play ground is worse because it's one teacher for 120 students watching over the kids and it gets very wild on the play ground things go on that the one teacher can't see. And as the other post said Mrs. Ortiz is not the best principal. I would not recommend this school to anyone

Posted October 20, 2013
My other review was taken down. I guess it spoke the truth too much. However I had three children pass through this school so I dealt with this school for a total of 12 years. I totally agree with the other reviews that there is nothing the school will do to help struggling students. NOTHING. The worst part is that teachers use parent helpers who end up actually teaching small groups of students. Thus, the students do not receive the education that they deserve and are entitled to with parents teaching. If you are a parent, take your child out of Nixon and go somewhere else. Cerritos Elementary is an option. Not Leal. That school is overrated as well.

Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2013
This is our first year at Nixon so I'm not too familiar with everything but thus far I have no complaints. Well maybe just a few...as much hype as the school gets I expected more organized classroom and cleaner. Outside faucets (more than one) for the kids to wash their hands after play would be nice. And 28 kids per teacher seems like a lot for one person to handle....but with this economy I'm guessing its like this everywhere.

Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School 2

Posted July 30, 2013
I am a parent my child went to Nixon for one year I don't recommend this school. I agree with all the comments about the principal she is a horrible leader. Mrs ortiz needs to focus on the children's education not yelling at parents! And directing traffic However most of the parents are really nice and so are their children.

Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School
19600 Jacob Avenue, Cerritos, CA  90703
Last modified Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top