Cerritos, CA

Posted November 12, 2014
Good school, teach generously, my daughter's reading not too strong, so teacher assigned by different level. Good learning experience.

Posted July 18, 2014
Nixon Academy is a great school! I have found the teachers to be very supportive and encouraging towards both of my children at EVERY grade level. They use a tiered learning system for reading and math which enables them to provide more assistance to those who need it and yet allow accelerated learners to work at a more challenging pace. Ms. Ortiz is a wonderful principal! I'm sure she'd like to spend less time directing traffic, but since many parents refuse to obey the frequently repeated safety/traffic guidelines...WELL, she's does what it takes to keep our kids safe! Nixon has provided my children with creative learning opportunities, recognition for pro-social behavior, friends of various cultural backgrounds and kind and caring teachers who effectively manage their growing classrooms. What more can a parent ask for?

Posted May 05, 2014
Wow, I cannot believe these reviews. My child struggles and he has gotten the best help ever from all of the teachers. In fact, we left Cerritos Elementary to go to Pat Nixon because of the lack of assistance there. Ms. Casey especially was fabulous. She, along with the other teachers in every class, has helped my child. The reading teacher has also paid close attention to my child's learning. They all returned emails, conferenced with me outside of conference days, and met with me any time I needed to do so. My child has self-confidence and feels good about going to this school every morning. When he left Cerritos he lacked self-confidence, started having stomach aches, and did not like school. From Parent who is a professor

Posted March 05, 2014
This school is ok. When you raise your hand with one other student too, she looks at you for like 20 seconds and then calls on the other kid. Seriously? and sometimes, the teacher calls on the same student over and over. There are like 40 kids in a class and one teacher! How are students supposed to learn?!

Posted January 26, 2014
hello hello, parents, do not blame your school and teachers. spend more time with your kids :) love and genuine education starts at home. if this two important things are practiced and applied,you are not gonna scapegoat your school and teachers, i love you :) Mrs.Ortiz is the BEST PRINCIPLE!

Posted December 02, 2013
My daughter is in K and im so disappointed in this school. I had heard so many good things and found out like wise. I was told that if your child is struggle they don't offer to help with them to pick up there speed. I was told they only help those who are at speed of reading and the lower students don't receive that help. There are 28 to 30 students to 1 teacher. I have volunteered and seen first hand how it is to much for one person to handle. The play ground is worse because it's one teacher for 120 students watching over the kids and it gets very wild on the play ground things go on that the one teacher can't see. And as the other post said Mrs. Ortiz is not the best principal. I would not recommend this school to anyone

Posted October 20, 2013
My other review was taken down. I guess it spoke the truth too much. However I had three children pass through this school so I dealt with this school for a total of 12 years. I totally agree with the other reviews that there is nothing the school will do to help struggling students. NOTHING. The worst part is that teachers use parent helpers who end up actually teaching small groups of students. Thus, the students do not receive the education that they deserve and are entitled to with parents teaching. If you are a parent, take your child out of Nixon and go somewhere else. Cerritos Elementary is an option. Not Leal. That school is overrated as well.

Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2013
This is our first year at Nixon so I'm not too familiar with everything but thus far I have no complaints. Well maybe just a few...as much hype as the school gets I expected more organized classroom and cleaner. Outside faucets (more than one) for the kids to wash their hands after play would be nice. And 28 kids per teacher seems like a lot for one person to handle....but with this economy I'm guessing its like this everywhere.

Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School 2

Posted July 30, 2013
I am a parent my child went to Nixon for one year I don't recommend this school. I agree with all the comments about the principal she is a horrible leader. Mrs ortiz needs to focus on the children's education not yelling at parents! And directing traffic However most of the parents are really nice and so are their children.

Posted June 25, 2013
This has been my son's school for one year. I agree with the other reviews about the school washing their hands of responsibility for children who are not performing at grade level. Not only that, but they do not offer enrichment learning for the younger graders who are accelerated learners. It's been a sad year of my son not having learned much because the school did not meet him at his level, whether behind in a core subject or accelerated in another core subject. I would not recommend this school.

Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School
19600 Jacob Avenue, Cerritos, CA  90703
Last modified Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nixon (Patricia) Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top