Chatsworth, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 17, 2014
Sierra Canyon jumped in and saved the day when my son's school closed in mid July of his senior year... we were left without anywhere to attend and Sierra kindly offered him a spot. Once there he was sorry he hadn't attended all four years of high school. He loved Sierra! He was able to start up a radio station to do sports broadcasting where he reported live from the football games! He is now a proud student of The University of Southern California where he often reflects back to his AP English teacher when he writes a college paper. I highly recommend this school!

Posted December 17, 2014
I'm a new student this year, and this school has made me feel incredibly welcome. The students are so nice and I've made friends fast. I've enjoyed every single one of my classes, and my teachers are fantastic. They're always there to help with anything. I've become involved in sports, and being on a team here truly feels like being part of a family. In the few months that I've been at Sierra Canyon, I've only become more and more sure that coming here was the right decision.

Posted December 07, 2014
I don't know about the school as a whole, but on December 6 and 7, 2014, I had the misfortune of being on the same flight as their girls' basketball team flying out of Phoenix back to Burbank. I say Dec 6 and 7 because the flight on Saturday night was cancelled and we had to wait until the next day. At the gate on Saturday night, they loud, rude, jumping up on chairs, yelling and appeared to have no adult supervision. There was one lady who seemed to be the coach or the assistant coach and did nothing about it. The next morning some of the girls were seated around the exit rows by the wings. As we were pulling back to the gate, we stopped suddenly, sat for about 10 minutes, and then were told by the captain that we had to go back to the gate. As the flight attendant explained it, the girls refused to comply with exit row requirements, also refused to put their carry-ons in the overhead compartment and called the flight attendant the B word and many other curse words. We pulled back to the gate when one became available and they were all removed from the plane. Whoever is in charge of that team -- coach, athletic director, etc -- needs to be fired.

Posted October 28, 2014
Before faulting this school for failing to meet your child's needs, it is more important to find out what those needs are before enrolling her here. That being said, I am the father of a second-year student at SC and sending my child here was one of the best decisions we have ever made. As a gifted student with numerous musical accolades, my daughter used to snooze through her public school lessons while maintaining straight A's because the teacher was always going over the same material while spending the majority of her time on those who couldn't "get it." After her transfer to SC, this was no longer an issue since her teachers seem to adhere to their lesson plans. Although she is still getting her straight A's, she now she has to work a lot harder than ever before to earn them, especially with the competition around her. Granted, being in MS, she has classes such as Algebra 1 with high school jocks in attendance. However, her teacher hardly ever slows down for them and briskly breezes through the material. And I thank him for that-- for not wasting my money and my child's time. Thank you, Sierra Canyon.

Posted October 09, 2014
As a former parent, I must say that at first I was thrilled with the school. Then our family had a financial nightmare that forced me to reconsider sending my kids there. The Finance Director offered to waive the interest on tuition. I found out from several other families when I was still debating what to do that they already had that deal. I heard from another former family that they were taken to small claims court over a small balance (around $1,000) after one of the parents was in a horrible car accident. When I transferred my children to another school I found that they were okay in their knowledge, but they were not able to get their work done in a timely manner. After talking to their teachers and my children, I found that they all had too much hand-holding at SCS. If I'm going to fork over $25k per child, I want a good education AND I want them to learn how to get their work done without constant assistance. From what I've heard from current parents who I am still friends with, the school is more interested in all of the famous and athletic families they can get. And don't even mention the multi-million dollar sports fields that we helped fundraise for that's empty!

Posted May 27, 2014
I am in process of looking for my two kids for the 2015 school year and was told about Sierra Canyon by a friend. I can't believe how right she was to send me here. I toured both the elementary and high school and found the facilities to be beautiful and inviting. I guess the thing that impressed me most was that every child or student that we came in contact with seemed really happy and was so polite and welcoming. This is definately a school at the top of my list.

Posted May 21, 2014
Sierra Canyon affords students the opportunity to pursue their passions. Students can start clubs, voice their opinions in student government, and teachers always have open doors and are excited to engage in conversation and debate. Although the academics are challenging, the school environment is not too competitive. I love being part of such an accepting community.

Posted May 20, 2014
As a student at Sierra Canyon, I know I always feel comfortable to be myself. It is a place of community where the students are so welcoming, which creates a comfortable environment for both new and returning students. Teachers are flexible and willing to work with you whether you have a question, an issue, or if you just want to talk- they're always there for you. The small class sizes allow for students and teachers to have a close relationship and a connection that's unlike most other schools. Also, the food is so good and the snack and lunch times are perfect lengths!

Posted May 15, 2014
This school is great I'm a student here. All the bad comments about the school are not true! Those are the idiotic kids who didn't take school serous. This school offers some of the best education in California , it's $30 thousand for a reason.

Posted May 09, 2014
This school sucks, i go here currently and its absolutely terrible. The education is alright but some of the teachers are very rude and disrespectful. There is a teacher who actually insults their students and calls them idiots. Mostly, lots of the kids are very very rude. There are some nice people who are really sweet but mainly is guys who make fun of you and make disgusting sexual comments. Then there's the girls who whisper about you and the school is so cliquey. do not go here, please. i'm switching to public school next year and i hope you dont go to this school because you'll be miserable

Sierra Canyon School