K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Absolutely the worst!!! 100% Legalistic! We are a Christian family. The church & school are 100% intertwined. Girls are looked down upon, and there have been sex scandals (Look at Butte Co Superior Court). Not accredited, and Bible Studies are 80% of the curriculum. We had our daughter enrolled, for 2 years. When we transfered her to another school, she was terribly behind. NO State testing. If you daughter has aspirations of being a "secretary" (which they call them, demeaning) go for it.... A school for male supremacy.... sad :(

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Girls are treated as second class citizens... They are not equipped, academically to even go to a Junior College

A small school with a 1 teacher to 5-7 student ratio and very caring teachers who go above and beyond to help their students not only learn academics, but lasting character traits.

My children do not go to church at Pleasant Valley, but I still believe this is the greatest school in the area. Their new facilities are second to none, the teachers care about their students, the academics are outstanding, and the price is great! I would not trust my children's education with anyone other than PVBS.

Worst so called christian school I have even been associated with. If you are not a member of their church and practice THEIR religion you are not accepted and treated like an outcast. I am a mother who had 3 children in this school and we are Followers of Christ but not accepted because we did not practice religion THEIR way. They held credit from my daughter and can get away with it because they have no one to answer to but they will one day GOD! Do not send your children to this school if you value their well being and education. HOMESCHOOL IS THE WAY.

PVBS year after year produces students that are at least a year ahead of the national and local average in academics. My child graduated a few years ago and left well prepared for college and life. He and his friends (some not from PVBS) attended the same college together, he was the only one to pass out of remedial English, and I attribute that to PVBS

Not a school I would recommend. If you have your child in the school, and you are not a church member you are treated poorly as a parent. Basically, the school is the church, and the church is the school.

I have had my children in PVBS for over 10 years and I certainly could not think of another school that could compare to the quality of education they recieve there. The staff is excellent, the student to teacher ratio is perfect for individual attention, and the price is lower than most the other private schools in the area

Last modified Pleasant Valley Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades K-12