K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have been associated with the school for nearly 30 years. I have had 4 of my children go through the entire school system, Kindergarten through 12th grade. I had 2 boys and 2 girls, all of which were tremendously helped in every aspect of life. All 4 of my children went to college and received their bachelor and master degrees. Academically, they were pushed and challenged. Each scored in the 90 percentile of the SAT test which was and is given annually. As a Christian school, they had 1 Bible class a day that taught them social skills, morals , character, and responsibility that helped shaped the rest of their lives. As a parent, I was 100% satisfied with the well rounded academic and life skill education my children received.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is specifically chosen to back up what was taught in class. In the elementary grades reading and fun math drill homework is designed for families to do together.

Pleasant Valley Baptist Schools is a school focused on teaching students how to succeed in every aspect of life! Academics, character traits, respecting others, social skills, are a few of the many reasons why I would put my kids in this school. The teachers are kind and informative. I would highly recommend this school to anyone in our area!

Pleasant Valley Baptist School is a great school! The teachers are knowledgable in what they teach, and the student body is respectful and kind. In doing some research into the school, I found the students testing 22% higher (in every subject) than any public school I know of.

I attended PVBS from 2nd-12th grades. After graduation I attended a college and graduated with honors. I received a well balanced education. I was able to pursue and excel in higher math courses, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus. Not only did I learn excellent academics I also had character, determination, hard work, a love for family, and a love for country taught to me.

My children are currently enrolled and we are very pleased with EVERY aspect of it! Would highly encourage every family to check it out. Great student to teacher ratio, and my children grade out higher in testing than the private/charter school norm.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers here undermine children and have no social skills.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The system here teaches the children to be loyal to the establishment created here and does not offer any real school academics.

Absolutely the worst!!! 100% Legalistic! We are a Christian family. The church & school are 100% intertwined. Girls are looked down upon, and there have been sex scandals (Look at Butte Co Superior Court). Not accredited, and Bible Studies are 80% of the curriculum. We had our daughter enrolled, for 2 years. When we transfered her to another school, she was terribly behind. NO State testing. If you daughter has aspirations of being a "secretary" (which they call them, demeaning) go for it.... A school for male supremacy.... sad :(

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Girls are treated as second class citizens... They are not equipped, academically to even go to a Junior College

Last modified Pleasant Valley Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades K-12