Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 09, 2016
Daniel Martin... He was the best teacher I could've ever asked for. He would spend time off the clock helping his students. I was a complicated student. I lacked determination and motivation to finish school until he became my home room teacher my junior year. He believed in me like no one else ever had before. I go to school, have a job, and my own apartment now. I'm thriving as a young college student, and still to this day, I would give credit to him and the staff at Core. They cared about me and my education. Even when I gave them every reason not to.... Thank you.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 09, 2016
The staff members go out of their way to take care of their students and they do everything in their power to find the best Educational route for each family that walks through their doors.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 09, 2016
The staff members go out of their way to take care of their students and they do everything in their power to find the best Educstional route for each family that walks through their doors.

Posted January 09, 2016
I went to CORE for three years of high school and eventually graduated from here. Although I'm sure I was hard to deal with, because of my lack of responsibility and focus at times, they always treated me with respect, and encouraged me with kindness and attention, so I was able to thrive and grow a lot in not just my education, but my character as well. They offer classes that you don't normally get in a public school. Most of their classes actually help prepare their students for the future, with further education in many areas that are NEEDED for students graduating. I'm so grateful that my parents chose CORE for me. I took it for granted at times, but I'm very happy with what they offered me. I had three different personal home room teachers, that had many different students to tend to, but they ALWAYS made me feel important and capable. With that being said, you could not choose a better school for your child. Core is perfect.

Posted April 15, 2014
I highly recommend CORE to anyone looking for a tailored, comprehensive and compassionate educational experience. It allows my daughter the freedom to excel in a supportive non-judgemental environment. Her teacher doesn't know her as a set of test scores but as an individual with unique desires and interests which she encourages with customized excursions and unique report requests. It's amazing! The perfect blend of home based studies and on site course work.

Posted September 06, 2011
I love this school and if you want to home based education with advice and direct, this is the place. The teachers personalize the program for each student.

Core Butte Charter School 1

Posted February 07, 2011
Terrible school! Extremely lacking in teacher and parent communication. When the issues were brought to the attention of the director she simply dismissed them. I was told I understand this means something to you and I'm sorry.

Posted September 23, 2010
I love CORE! They are so helpful and supportive. They have great classes for my daughter and she can get help any time she is stuck on a subject. They have lots of events and field trips.

Posted May 05, 2010
CORE is a wonderful school with individualized learning programs for students, well taught classes at the center, and a place where student behavior and accountability are a premium. The staff is attentive to student and parent needs, and the students reciprocate with like attitude. The joy of learning is definately a theme at CORE.

Posted May 03, 2010
The teachers are very caring and very flexible with scheduling. Being able to concurrently enroll your high school student in high school and college, gives your child a greater sense of independence and helps them to progress at a greater rate of speed. It helps keep them motivated in school

260 Cohasset Road, Suite 120, Chico, CA  95926-2282
Last modified Core Butte Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.