Chico, CA
Students enrolled: 1,949

Pleasant Valley High School 5

Posted April 25, 2015
Great School! Both my kids graduated from PVHS and did the full IB program which many schools don't offer. They were involved with many different extra curricular activities and were on various sports teams all through their four years. For the most part, we were very impressed with their teachers. Yes, there were a couple who we didn't like all that much, but in general our children received a great education that prepared them for college. Both kids were accepted into wonderful colleges. There were also a handful of wonderful families that are the backbone to supporting Sports Boosters, Music Boosters etc.. I greatly respect the principal there and the guidance department is top notch. To read some of the negative comments makes me wonder if my children went to the same school, but my mom always told me that people generally will complain 10x's more than they will give a compliment. There are things that the school needs like a new stadium, better soccer fields a new state of the art pool etc., but all in all our kids achieved great things while there and I attribute that to the friends they made, the teachers they had and the community they were surrounded by.

Pleasant Valley High School 1

Posted November 06, 2013
This school has allowed coaching staff to discriminate against individual students repeatedly. The coaches humiliate students within the school. They also go above and beyond to communicate with other schools to isolate and block students from opportunities that may be the only opportunity to change a child's life. It is a shame on the school and on the district that the coaching staff is not monitored, reviewed or held responsible for their actions.

Pleasant Valley High School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
PVHS works very hard to offer a variety of learning experiences to their students. They have a video technology class that submitted Public Service Announcements to a State contest and walked away with a number of prizes. But the most important aspect is that they were from the student's perspective an suicide prevention message.

Pleasant Valley High School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
Pleasant valley high school chico ca. As a parent I am apalled at the behavior and lack of skill and training by the teachers, principal, vice principals and counselors. I do not getting in the face of an autistic child and threatening them is appropriate by any means. This school is not capable of hiring good teachers. It is Chico high for us here on out.

Pleasant Valley High School 5

Posted March 03, 2012
Come join us for a day at PVHS and you will see how great we are!

Pleasant Valley High School 2

Posted February 29, 2012
Graduated 2008- Its a mediocre school at best. Not very well suited for sending people to college outside of Chico State, To attend a decent college, you will have to do all the work yourself. that being said, I was accepted to every school I applied to (two UCs, Cal Poly, Oregon). Fairly lazy teachers overall, but a couple were quite good.

Pleasant Valley High School 4

Posted April 20, 2011
I graduated from P.V. in 2002 and I am, to say the least, hurt by the negative reviews seen on this site. My education at P.V. was filled with fantastic teachers (I wish I could list you all, but the site forbids the use of names) and memorable experiences. If you are a parent or a student and are feeling less-than-fulfilled with your experience, then I highly suggest becoming involved in extra-curricular activities on campus. When I went to P.V., the level of pride that was felt emanating from the students and athletes was incredible. It was always a "great day to be a Viking!" I am now a teacher in Santa Ana, CA, and am constantly reminded of how lucky I was to have attend Pleasant Valley High School. I certainly hope that the negative reviews are coming from individuals who simply haven't found their niche yet, or from parents who don't realize that education begins in the home. I just can't believe that P.V. is anything less than a great school.

Posted April 18, 2010
Gosh...I hope you aren't one of my students. Come and talk to me...let me see if I can help. I-6

Posted September 02, 2009
I graduated from P.V. in 2004! Some great teachers, some bad ones. Very college oriented!

Posted July 20, 2009
I think this school needs help. There are a lot of drugs on campus, and many of the teachers don't care about the students. Most of the classes have over 36 students, making the classroom impossible to learn in. Students are made fun of if they do well in school, and are not encouraged to learn. Very sad.

1475 East Avenue, Chico, CA  95926
Last modified Pleasant Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top