Chico, CA

Posted November 13, 2013
My grandkids go to Shasta and they both LOVE IT!!! Shasta is notorious in Chico as not just one of the best, but "the best" school in our area.

Posted July 06, 2011
Shasta Elementary provides the type of educational enironment that parents hope and wish for their children. Not only are there teachers who are excellent and focused on the needs of every child, there are a multitude of programs and fun activities that engage the student and famillies making the school feel like a community working together. The academics are excellent and I'm thankful for the teachers who set the bar high and help our students to learn to love learning. The principals is beyond excellent. I spent ten years at this school, with a son and daughter and can't say enough good.

Posted July 05, 2011
We were a new family at Shasta this year and our boys thrived there. We welcomed from the very first day. Mr. Spini, the principal greeted us on the first day and walked us to both classrooms. The teachers communicated with us often, cared for our children and challenged them. Our older child had a teacher who was passionate about Science and that got him excited. Our youngest loved going to school everyday and blossomed as a reader. They really encourage the students to become good citizens, developing character as well as scholastics. Thanks Shasta!

Shasta Elementary School 4

Posted April 25, 2011
Boy are we ready to be done with Shasta and the over-the-top nature of teaching to the test and focus on fundraising. All the teachers except one were excellent, but the homework load is too much for elementary level. The final straw every year is the Parents and Grandparents Day. The parent involvement level actually detracts from the quality of education, as the "helicopter" parents are there for their own child.

Shasta Elementary School 3

Posted April 12, 2010
The staff in the office have always been pleasant, They are prompt with returning phone calls and tending to parent and student matters. This year my son is in 6th grade. My sons home work load is rediculous. I understand its important to be prepared for Jr. High. I have three older children that never had this much homework. . when they were in Jr. High. This is why I give Shasta three stars. We cant wait to be out of Shasta.

Shasta Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Shasta school has many dedicated teachers, and I apprecaite the education that they gave to our daughters.

Posted April 02, 2009
The parental involvement really adds to the overall academic achievement of the students.

Posted September 19, 2008
I love this school!!! My kids love this school. Their actually happy to get up and go to school. Well, most of the time. ha, ha.

Posted August 14, 2008

Posted April 24, 2006

Shasta Elementary School
169 Leora Court, Chico, CA  95926
Last modified Shasta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shasta Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top