Bad
Good

Sierra view is an excellent school. The staff is fantastic. The parking is less than desirable.

We've been a Sierra View family for the last 10 year and we still have many years left with our children attending this school. We've been blessed to have had great teachers, great experiences, great communication and out kiddos feel safe and happy while at school. Other than the horrible parking lot, we are extremely happy with Sierra View.

Sierra View has changed over the years. I know class size is not the teachers' fault, however, it is an overall issue that needs to be dealt with. The children who can work independently and do not require much assistance thrive at Sierra View. I am saddened to say, however, that the bottom half are or will be soon slipping through the cracks. We had the same teachers for our youngest child, two years in a row, that my oldest had some years ago. The curriculum has changed, the teachers were over whelmed, and the overall support system has decreased. Sure there is parent involvement, but a decreased amount of it as the years go by. The Eagle Nest store has been shut down numerous occasions because lack of volunteers. There is one to two yard duties who appear completely stressed out, and episodes of some older children fighting on the playground. The PTA's presence is not what it used to be when we first began our journey at Sierra View. As a very involved family I have been saddened by the changes that have taken place. As the older generation of teachers and staff are retiring, I worry for the future of Sierra View. It is not what it used to be.

Sierra View's Academics Plus Program is a wonderful, nurturing learning environment. It's expectations for our children are right in line with our own expectations for them. They are given the tools to be successful students by caring teachers. The school campus is warm and inviting and the parent involvement helps everyone succeed! My child LOVES school and LOVES learning because of Sierra View.

I think that the parent that gave Sierra View one star was unfair in so doing since the teacher to student ratio has changed for the primary grades of all California elementary schools. Stating that Sierra View needs to bring in teacher aides is easier said then done. In case you hadn't noticed, there is a severe budget crisis in California. In order to 'always have a parent aide to help the teacher in grades K-3' there needs to be the parent availability and willingness. Has it occurred to you, one-star-parent, to try and rally some of the parents to provide assistance in the classroom every day throughout the day? Neither Sierra View School nor the teachers there have any control over the ratio change. Everyone is doing the best they can under difficult circumstances and Sierra View is still one of the best schools in the district.

My daughter is a Kindergartner at Sierra View and she loves it. We absolutely love her teacher Mrs. Howell! I feel like my daughter is learning at a rapid rate and am pleased with the curriculum. I do agree with the other parent who said 30 kids is too many for one class...but I do know there are lots of parent volunteers who help each week.

I am extremely disappointed in the new teacher to student ratio in Chico for grades K-3. Currently, my child attends Sierra View, and has 30 students in the classroom. The teacher hasn't said a word to me yet this school year, as there are just to many parents and kids attending. She looks totally overwhelmed. My child says she is very strict, as I hear they must be due to there being so many kids now. Sierra View needs to bring in teacher aides, or at least organize the parents better, so that there is always an aide helping the techer in grades K-3. Sierra View could really set itself apart be doing so, but they are just not addressing it.

This school is GREAT! My children have been hear for five years and our experience has been nothing but positive. They are in the A.P. program, but I am not sure that it is any better then the neighborhood program. They are both good. The teachers are great as well as the office staff.

My child is attending the kindergarten class in the Academics Plus program and I'm quite pleased with the outstanding teaching and staff support at the school. Parental involvement is excellent and has impacted the way the school thrives in our community.

Last modified Sierra View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.