Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 07, 2015
Thank you Mr. Stone for your dedication to all of our kids. You are an example of integrity and motivation.

Posted December 07, 2015
Great Marching Band Program Band and Colorguard is truly amazing. Provides the students with skills needed to endure change from high school to college. Mr. Stone the band director is inspiring and the students learn to become productive and responsible adults. The instructors are so involved to the success of the program and the students development as well.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 08, 2015
Thanks to Mr Stone for a great 8 years with my children, keep up the good work

Posted November 08, 2015
The Band is the best in the state, Mr Stone is a great Teacher. I wish they would sign up for the tournament of Roses Parade.

Posted March 04, 2015
This school is the place to be when you're into sports and extracurricular activities. I believe there is nothing wrong with Ayala, it's just very lively and active.

Ruben S. Ayala High School 1

Posted July 03, 2014
This school is outrageous and chaotic. My firstborn son could not focus on his studies due to despicable teachers and rude students interrupting in his classes. I talked with the principle myself to ask if he could change my sons classes. He said no problem, but it was weeks before the principle actually REMEMBERED. Last but the very least, the elective my son chose, band. Don't get me wrong, the band is great, but the parent meetings are so important and its a shame that other parents NEVER attend these meetings. As a result, what's the point in calling it a meeting if only a few participate? My son was unhappy and was getting C's in classes when he should be getting A's. I switched my son to Chino, hearing that it also a great school. Reading reviews, I gave it one chance, and it blew my mind. My son is in Chino High, and WILL be staying in Chino High. My other sons and daughters will also be attending here. Overall, I strongly recommend to not enroll your students at this "prestigious" school and enroll elsewhere.

Ruben S. Ayala High School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
As a current student here I feel certain areas can be improved. But overall this high school is what you make out of it. And I'm truly sorry for the bad experiences students have had. There are students and staff who genuinely care. As I said high school is what YOU make of it.

Ruben S. Ayala High School 2

Posted September 26, 2013
I had two children attend Ayala-classes of '09 & '11. The work and teachers were fine. The athletic department was a joke. When Coach Bowler was in charge of the baseball program it was horrendous as he turned that program into his personal "cash cow", if you didn't pay for the Bulldog off season program you didn't play in season. Which is against policy, the Director nor the Principal addressed our concerns nor with other parents. My two boys ended of quitting after being benched, definitely not due to skills as they both play in college. Be cautious with the athletic programs. Had a few issues with our counselor, trying to sway my son from taking classes I wanted him to take to help with college, he just wanted him to pass and graduate, and persuaded him NOT to take Chemistry. I had to go in and change that.

Ruben S. Ayala High School 1

Posted January 21, 2012
I have a had children at this school for 6 years. Some of the teachers are great, but I would say at least 70% of them need to go. One of my children's teachers was doing her daughters college essays during class time and would not correct my child's work. Consequently,my child could not continue copying and coloring in her notebook which was the only thing that was done in her history class. Not very challenging. When I confronted the principal, she suggested that I talk to the teacher and tell her that popularity was not in her job description. Since confronting teachers is the principals duty, I was not impressed. Thank god my son went to TROY. That is a great school.

Posted September 13, 2011
What great school!!! All my kids that have gone through Ayala have had a wonderful time and have learned from a great staff of teachers and coaches. I have two more kids who will be attending Ayala and they cant wait to do so.

14255 Peyton Avenue, Chino Hills, CA  91709-1607
Last modified Ruben S. Ayala High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.