Posted July 03, 2014
This school is outrageous and chaotic. My firstborn son could not focus on his studies due to despicable teachers and rude students interrupting in his classes. I talked with the principle myself to ask if he could change my sons classes. He said no problem, but it was weeks before the principle actually REMEMBERED. Last but the very least, the elective my son chose, band. Don't get me wrong, the band is great, but the parent meetings are so important and its a shame that other parents NEVER attend these meetings. As a result, what's the point in calling it a meeting if only a few participate? My son was unhappy and was getting C's in classes when he should be getting A's. I switched my son to Chino, hearing that it also a great school. Reading reviews, I gave it one chance, and it blew my mind. My son is in Chino High, and WILL be staying in Chino High. My other sons and daughters will also be attending here. Overall, I strongly recommend to not enroll your students at this "prestigious" school and enroll elsewhere.

Ruben S. Ayala High School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
As a current student here I feel certain areas can be improved. But overall this high school is what you make out of it. And I'm truly sorry for the bad experiences students have had. There are students and staff who genuinely care. As I said high school is what YOU make of it.

Posted January 21, 2012
I have a had children at this school for 6 years. Some of the teachers are great, but I would say at least 70% of them need to go. One of my children's teachers was doing her daughters college essays during class time and would not correct my child's work. Consequently,my child could not continue copying and coloring in her notebook which was the only thing that was done in her history class. Not very challenging. When I confronted the principal, she suggested that I talk to the teacher and tell her that popularity was not in her job description. Since confronting teachers is the principals duty, I was not impressed. Thank god my son went to TROY. That is a great school.

Ruben S. Ayala High School 5

Posted August 31, 2011
great school! academics, athletics, and teacher focus are all outstanding areas.i loved sending my child there. he now attends a great college and loved the high school as well! good job staff!

Ruben S. Ayala High School 5

Posted August 24, 2011
This is a wonderful school to attend. I personally love it. Teachers are willing to help us students out at any cost. They offer after school tutoring and the administrators at the office are always willing to give advice. I have nothing bad to say. But as for the parent below VV from what I heard at the incident was that the child pretty much was acting out in class daily. Security had to come in a few times to get the student out. It wasn't right for the security guard to call her out in class though. The security guard just had enough with coming to get her every day

Posted April 18, 2011
I don't know how the State can award a school that allows teachers and other staff to publicly humlliate, degrade and ridicule students. My daughter has been bullied and her identify defamed. A security guard threatened, provoked and humilliated my child in front of the class and the teacher did nothing. The school was not planning on informing me of the incident, but since there's a video posted on you tube (jail or toe tag), I'm hoping they will do something about it.

Posted April 13, 2011
This school was just designated a "California Distinguished School". I am not certain what the criteria are for doing so, however I would say it can't be much. The majority of the teaching staff at this school are clock-watchers who are only here for the paycheck. If my daughter were not a senior with less than a few months left I would yank her out of her today. The entire culture of the school is focused on superficiality, especially with how the school looks and the achievements of its athletic teams. The principal is a poser who pretends to be genuine but who in fact presents only a facade of care toward students. She is universally despised by those who teach and work at the school. The athletic director allows coaches to coerce athletes into attending "optional" summer camps which the kids have to pay to attend, and with all the money going to the coaches. Any athlete who refuses to attend these camps can forget about making a team, much less seeing any playing time. Parents "buy" playing time" and "status" for their children by agreeing to work as boosters. If you love your child and want the best for them avoid this school and the other one in Chino Hills at all costs!

Posted October 22, 2010
This school is in a nice location but has a very terrible learning environment due to its poor administration. It is often the left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing. I was glad that my child is no longer in that school. Also, the morale of the staff is apparently low. There are some good teachers, but many of them are just there to collect their pay checks. The principal is arrogant and often applies double standards when dealing with parents and students. She focuses much on the superficial look of the school site, but neglect to pay attention to the academic needs of many students. With such a weak administrator who is nothing but a politician, I don't think it is a school where students can excel academically. I certainly will not send my other child there when it's time for her high school education.

Posted June 18, 2010
I am a student at this school and I feel that this school is taking a turn for the worse. They emphasize so much on how their school looks with an example being their football field and absolutely throwing out their passion for the academics and teachers and students of this school. The students are cruel and spoiled who think that the lowest of the low are scum and they hurl insults at whoever looks different and the teachers absolutely don't care about their jobs and believe they have other things to do. The school has a policy on wearing hats with certain colors and I was threatened with a Saturday school for wearing a hat, and it was even the school colors. The Principal at this atrocious school is throwing every good program out for useless things. This was a horrible experience and I hope nobody suffers like I did.

Ruben S. Ayala High School 2

Posted March 21, 2010
I am a current student at this school, and there is much to be desired. First of all, there is almost no discipline on the campus. As an LGBT student, myself and my friends have insults hurled at us, usually in class, and the teachers who do hear ignore it. Too much emphasis is placed upon the athletics department instead of on academics. It seems like there's only a handful of teachers who can actually teach. Most of the teachers are quite mediocre. The principal doesn't seem to care what goes on in the school, but what it looks like on the outside. There is much than can and should be changed about this school.

Ruben S. Ayala High School
14255 Peyton Avenue, Chino Hills, CA  91709
Last modified Ruben S. Ayala High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruben S. Ayala High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top