Posted May 23, 2014
My son is finishing up his 7th grade. I am impressed overall with the academic program and couldn't ask for more. Yes he does work three times more than he used to in elementary, but he is challenged and WANTS to work hard.

Posted December 27, 2013
As a student attending this school, I feel that it is truly the World's greatest. I used to attend a private school, so when I entered the public system, I was extremely confused. I didn't even know what GATE was! However, by 8th grade I got everything on track: got into GATE, have all honours, taking geometry, in Leadership, debate, FBLA, and tutoring. As an answer to one parent's review, I suggest that you talk to Mr.Finkbiner about the situation of not getting honors classes. I had the same situation in 7th grade, so i know what your daughter feels like. I feel extremely blessed to attend this school, and i feel that I will be very prepared for what is to come in high school because of all the great teachers and students at this school. I also want to mention that it slightly irks me when parents post negative reviews of this school when they haven't even tried to broach the subject, based on what I've concluded from their reviews. The staff are all very friendly and understanding, and are willing to talk and help you no matter what. There are teachers who see their job as only that, a job.so please take that into account and stop tarnishing this wonderful school's reputation

Posted December 21, 2013
Canyon Hills Junior High is definitely the World's Greatest Junior High. Transitioning from elementary school to junior high was one of the scariest moments for me in my life, but the welcoming atmosphere, inspirational teachers, amazing counselor (Ms. Uhr <3), and how easy it was to make new friends, made me almost forget all about elementary. The AVID program (my 7th grade elective) was a very life- enhancing experience for me, and I decided to use my newly attained skills as a leadership student in 8th grade. The only thing keeping me from a 4.0 in my 7th grade year was the shockingly high expectations from the PE department. However, in 8th grade, when I was FINALLY able to maintain an A in my PE class, I had new troubles dealing with not only the 7 hours of hw from all my honors classes, but also from geometry, and by the looks of it, so did everyone else in my class! I joined the debate club and the tutoring club, which was a lot of fun... but enough about my experience at Canyon Hills. It's time to make your own mark at the World's Greatest Junior High.

Canyon Hills Junior High School 4

Posted July 03, 2013
I believe that this was a considerably great school, with the exception of a few minor problems. I recently promoted from the school, and I will miss it. I think this is a great school for your child. Although the office/library staff is quite rude when it comes to having trouble doing things, I think this school is great! There are a few teachers that I feel are unable to properly teach; in my 7th grade year, I independently had to study pre-algebra because my teacher taught at the last 5 minutes of class daily. Also there are some truly great teachers that enjoy getting to know you! They have many honor classes, and PE is very vigorous. This school has un-satisfactory lunch meals, it is very unappetizing as well as unhealthy. They are trying to have healthier lunches, but it's not working well, and does not taste good. The work-load is average if you dedicate your time well enough. There are various electives to choose from. Many say band/drumline is the best. They also have an avid-program (its not only for kids in danger of failing) Many with 4.0's still join ( probably bc of the disney trip) It's in general a good school!

Posted June 07, 2012
This school is great i moved here for 8th grade from woodcrest jr.high with a 5 out of 10 rating it wasnt a good school. when i came to canyon hills everyone was welcoming and had great pride in there school, a pride i never felt untill now. the teachers are great and caring. you can tell they want you to achieve. i love this school.

Posted April 20, 2012
i am a 7th grader and am in all gate and algebra the teachers are great. not a ton of homework i'm in band and drumline the instructors are great so much fun love this school

Posted September 18, 2011
an amazing school with great staff, great facilities, great opportunities and its all in an excellent community.

Canyon Hills Junior High School 3

Posted September 20, 2010
Why on earth did this school's administration feel the need to rearrange class schedules after three weeks of school? I do not buy the statement that enrollment is up. I have heard that they wanted to create more Honors classes, which is fine, but to make the kids that are not involved with that still change their schedule.......nonsense. The first day of school is hard enough, let alone having to do it twice four weeks apart! This new administration is being questioned by a lot of parents right now.

Canyon Hills Junior High School 1

Posted May 28, 2010
This school is horrible! My child rarely has homework. She isn't learning much. She is constantly being sent to the office by the teacher for really ridiculous reasons. She's a GATE student, but she wasn't enrolled in any GATE classes! She is very unhappy at this school and I REFUSE to send her there next year for 8th grade!

Posted March 22, 2010
Also the complaints of unsatisfactory special needs accomadtions. I am a P.E. class with 'special' students which I feel drag the rest of us down. I apologize for seeming harsh, but I feel that they are detrimental to the learning process for those of us who are average or advanced students. I know I must seem like a bigot, but I feel that 'special' students could have their own removed learning area, or school within the district. I apologize if I treaded on a few toes, but this is my own opinion from a current student.

Canyon Hills Junior High School
2500 Madrugada Drive, Chino Hills, CA  91709
Last modified Canyon Hills Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Hills Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top