Posted May 27, 2014
Great collaboration between teachers and parents exist in this school. Many parents participate with school programs and activities because they are inspired by the success of the students. Although this is a public ,it should beat other private schools as far as curriculum and activities. . Thanks to our dedicated teachers and principal. despite big cut in budget, the school find other ways of supplementing the budget through the support of the community during fund raising events.

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is a highly rated school which has an extremely high level of parental involvement. Teachers care about individual students and communicate concerns with parents. Although there is less funding for schools currently, our parents and students are creative in raising of additional funds for additional programs.

Posted October 02, 2013
This review is long overdue. My 6th grader has been going to Country Springs since 3rd grade. Coming from a private school that charges $500/month on top of mandatory fundraisers and volunteer hours, I would say that my child's old private school has nothing compared to the quality of education that she is now getting at Country Springs. I am amazed at the teachers' dedication to their craft and I see how lucky these students are to have teachers who go over and beyond their duties, putting in extra hours to offer free tutoring and such. They also have a great band and choir, with awesome instructors and volunteers. Unfortunately, I also see parents with entitlement issues who expect their kids to excel, without implementing discipline at home. Though I am proud to say that my child has been consistently coming home with excellent grades, thanks to great teachers, this would have been impossible without proper guidance and discipline at home. I only have praise for the wonderful teachers and staff at Country Springs and for the handful of parents who pro-actively participate to help the school and the students.

Posted September 05, 2013
This is our first year at Country Springs, and we are greatly deflated from the high expectations we had. The class sizes are too big, it's very disorganized here. Parents aren't kept informed and don't have built-in opportunities to speak with teachers. Kids don't understand their expectations and are often wandering around confused & distressed. This school seems to have made it's "distinctions" and subsequently lost it's once-grand status by teaching to the test. My kids are learning nothing but Math and English. There are no formal enrichment activities to speak of, while science and social studies have only a small acknowledgement. I overheard one teacher tell a parent, "This is an academic school, we don't have enough minutes in a day to teach all those extra subjects". I've always told our kids they will get out of school what they put into it, but getting a well-rounded education here would truly be squeezing blood from a turnip! We are looking for other arrangements for our kids next year, if not sooner.

Posted August 24, 2013
I have to agree completely with this most recent review. I am struggling with this school. My two children were new last year and had a horrible year. I was so distraught watching them come home stressed and defeated everyday either because of how the teacher treated them or just overwhelmed by all the work they had to do at home after a full day of school. I don't feel the teachers are held accountable and the I feel like I am doing half of the teaching at home.

Posted August 22, 2013
When moving from the East Coast I was excited that my kids were going to a school that everyone was saying was so great. After 3 years I have seen it fall far short from the hype people give it. My daughters work hard at their academics yet needed Kumon tutoring to pass most of the classes. When we joined the Kumon tutoring program my daughters informed me that most of their class was attending the tutoring as well. If a school has more than half of a class in a tutoring program, what are they doing wrong? They use the phrase "Be a hero, score 950" when speaking about the standardized test. To me that is not what I am teaching my kids a hero is. This is not what a hero is. The school does not teach life values and encourage independent thinking. It does encourage that every child work 3-4 hours of homework a night and have the parents pretty much work at the school for as much as they can, without getting paid. The school does not run on their administrative staff nor the teachers, it runs on the free work of the parents. The building is run down, the classes are too small for the amount of kids, and there is no playground structure for kids to play on.

Country Springs Elementary School 4

Posted July 03, 2013
This was a great school! Well I believe it was when I went. I believe it has slowly decreased in teacher/principal quality. It used to be a truly great school, but there have been so many cuts that many of the great teachers that were there, are now placed with mediocre teachers. It has really strong discipline policies which can be good, but raging at first. I had this one occasion in 3rd grade, where I got a "strike" (a slip to get my parents to sign) for running on the blacktop! They have some lovely extra-curriculars but are slowly getting cut out due to their low-budget. They have fieldtrips anually for every grade level! From visiting an aquarium to camping in cabins for a week! They are pretty dedicated to their base-ball theme! As far as I know, they have only one "honors" class which is the advanced math class in 6th grade. Parents really contribute to make the students enjoy everyday life at school. As far as I remember, it is a good school, but it used to be better.

Country Springs Elementary School 3

Posted September 20, 2010
school is coasting on the strength of parents and outside tutoring programs. From what i've seen, not a lot of critical thinking skills developed. The "hard stuff" gets sent home for parents to teach to children, while they are copying definitions at school. Students should be engaged in "critical thinking" activities instead of doing worksheets all day. Work that gets sent home amounts to "busy work." High scores coming from kids learning at home and kumon! It can all get done in class!!!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2010

Country Springs Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2010
This school has lowered its high quality education due to lack of leadership with the administration. Principal leadership has allowed teacher quality to become mediocre in its instruction that differentiation among students and updated curriculum aligned with state standards are absent in some classrooms. Some teachers are unable to handle the increased class sizes and are clueless of the strengths and weaknesses of their students. Teachers need to revisit their curriculum and instruction in the classroom to meet the inevitable class size increase. In addition, parents who are offering their time to volunteer IN THE CLASSROOM should not be given tedious work like photocopying and cutting paper for crafts in the teacher workroom. Teachers should utilize parents for small group assistance or target- students with low scores. The parents at Country Springs have high expectations for their children, therefore the principal should have higher expectations for her teachers.

Country Springs Elementary School
14145 Village Center Drive, Chino Hills, CA  91709
Last modified Country Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Country Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top