Posted April 11, 2014
My kids and I absolutely love Litel Elementary. The administration and staff are genuinely caring and put kids first. My children feel comfortable and safe. I know that when I send my kids off to school they are in good hands. There are so many activities that make school interesting and fun aside from having a rigorous academic program. They have a game room for kids at lunch time where the kids earn their way in by being respectful and responsible in the classroom and on the playground. Our PTA works so hard to provide the school with the extras that kids need. The PTA sponsored activities are incredible and there is so much opportunity for parents to get involved. What I like the most is the family atmosphere that has been created at Litel. Everyone seems to know each other and the teachers look out for all kids and not just their own class. My kids feel so comfortable going up to any staff member including the janitor because they are so friendly and caring. Their office staff is so welcoming too. I love how they all pull together to make this an awesome school. This is truly a great school that offers a strong curriculum along with many extra curricular activities.

Gerald F. Litel Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2012
My son is in first grade and it is late October and his teacher is still trying to "settle in" to his class. Two months into the school year and his is the only class that has not spent time in the computer lab. He does not challenge the kids and does not modify his ciriculum to meet the different academic levels of the kids. Talked to the principal and she didn't seem to care. How do we let these teachers and principals teach and lead our schools? Furthermore, API scores dropped below 900 for this past year. This is a reflection of poor leadership at Litel and not holding teachers to a high level of academic achievement.

Gerald F. Litel Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2011
This school was a little bellow my expectations. I was a previous student who just graduated in 2010. It was unfortunate to find out that most of the best teachers had been fired. Though this was not Litel's fault, it did reflect on the school itself. Also the principals are always changing, and that tends to bug some people. The thing about Litel is that it is a school of chance. You might get in when its grade point average is high or when it is low. I myself have experienced this. Though my class and I rose the grade point average, they didn't give the slightest bit of appreciation. I do recommend this school, but I advise the parents to carefully look at the teachers and put in a request for the next years teacher, and put in a request before the current year is over.

Gerald F. Litel Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2011
Yes Litel is a good school. It's the district who refuses to back and support Litel. The district has their own agenda for holding back Litel Elementary School from becoming a great school. Litel has so many supportive parents, family members, administration, teachers and staff that I have personally seen over the past 5 years. There are no sound and good reasons for why Litel hasn't been able to hold on to a Principal for more than two years. Litel has been a stepping stool for Principals and Vice Principals to advance on in their careers and supported by the district. All I can conclude is that the Chino Valley Unified School District does not have any intention of seeing to it that Gerald F. Litel Elementary School becomes a outstanding school. So all those who support Litel, keep on keeping on. In the end that is what life is all about.

Posted July 07, 2011
i love the school but they keep changing principals anyone else agree it stinks they keep changing principals.

Posted November 02, 2010
Litel has great teachers & hardworking students which was reflected in the recent API score.

Posted October 27, 2010
Great parent/teacher/administration relationship and communitcation.

Posted October 27, 2010
Love that the school has many activities for children participation. Parents and grandparents are encouraged to participate and acknowledged.

Posted October 27, 2010
Litel is a good school. there is a great pta and good staff.

Litel has done a fantastic job 60 raise in API scores

Gerald F. Litel Elementary School
3425 Eucalyptus Avenue, Chino Hills, CA  91709
Last modified Gerald F. Litel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gerald F. Litel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top