Posted June 15, 2014
School located in the great area, surrounded by gorgeous parks. Wonderful parents who are helping as much as they can. Amazing speech therapists. Classes are small and messy, not organized. School is old, no renovations done in years. Every year they have new principal. Teachers doesn't care about kids education, they just do minimum. I would not recommend that school, if you care about your child education don't bring them there. If it located in good area at Chino Hills it doesn't mean it's a great school :( glad my kids are out.

Oak Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2014
This school is very good. However they are very face paced when it comes to learning. Of your child falls behind then they will be pretty much left behind. Teachers are pretty good also.

Oak Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2014
We moved to Chino hills mid school year, so my son has been having a hard time in this school. Not only that but he has been in private school his whole life. I do find that the teachers are no help in helping him catch up. Which for me is to be excepted, but I am the type of mother to call or talk to someone as soon as I hear of problems. His math teacher has done little to help and when I ask she really does nothing to help me understand what I need to do to get him caught up. So we are hiring a math tutor. As for his primary teacher, she is alright, as far as I can see. I am going to start helping in my sons class to see what's really going on. I call the school a lot about any problems, so does my husband. The principal seems to be good at handling our problems so far. I do like her and the office staff, as of now. My son has only been at this school 2.5 months. By the end of the school year the staff will definitely know who I am. If my son is not treated right, they will hear from me. Overall, we have had some problems, but they seem to try their best to help us out. I can't expect red carpet service like we had a the other school, I just have to put in a little more effort.

Posted November 22, 2013
The parents are what make this a good school not the teachers. My child is in kindergarten and he has not learned a thing all year. He is being taught things he learned in his 3 year old preschool (shapes, colors, letters) Advanced kids are not helped to continue improving and kids who struggle are brushed off as a burden. Very disappointing that the previous reviewers were correct. I was hoping that is was just a few disgruntled parents but they are very accurate. This school has such great potential but some of these lazy teachers who are set in their ways do not care about lovingly pushing students to achieve.

Posted September 12, 2013
I agree with the others when they say the principal is sarcastic & insulting. She does spend more time socializing with the groupie ladies then paying attention to the kids. Unless they are bringing her gifts and showering her with attention. The office staff can be insulting and rude. I've witnessed some bad behavior to students that the parents probably don't even know what is being said to their children and with such attitude. Unacceptable! I have a 4th grader enrolled and I hope that they make some very needed staff changes. Chino Hills is known for being such a wonderful community and great schools. I'm sure the wonderful reviews are from the groupie ladies/PTA. And if there is such a teacher or staff member using some form of corporal punishment on any child, they should be immediately removed from the ability to be around children. Period!

Oak Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted September 06, 2013
Great school, nice staff. I love the PTA team, parents and teachers do a lot to support to school.

Posted April 10, 2013
Yes the schl has a high API score. Above 910.so what? It does not reflect the school reality. It's the recent influx of new students that are raising the score' like any other Socal suburb public schools. Teachers are placent. Not innovative. Of course I am sure not aaalll but most I wud say. Most hv been there forever, just waiting 3~5 more years to retire and cash on the retirement which theywell deserve. Most blame on budget cuts and standardized testing for lack of energy in the classroom. The frequent change of administrators only hurts the school to achieve anything. All are set in their old ways. The past principal n vice principal were so dedicated n active on campus. The current principal who came out of retirement knows it all so most parent comment/ concern is just brushed off. All she cares are datasdatas of the past. Her sarcasm is sometimes insulting to parents. The parttime VP is at a loss as her time is being pulled btwn 2schls. The PTA groupie ladies are only concerned about fund raising. Only recently they are involved in helping out on campus n making difference. The "rumored" teacher is wonderful encouragingfunnyhappy. Unruly sts anthr story.

Posted January 28, 2013
Terrible!!!! Teachers and staff are bullies and unfair. They all stick up for each other (of course), even if it means lying!!! If you want your child to be treated fair, do not take then here!!! All the teachers and staff gossip about each other, students, and staff. I and several other parents have heard this going on. The new principle is wonderful this year but here staff is terrible, and some of the teachers are too worried about gossiping then teaching!!!

Oak Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2011
I love the teachers in the school especially the first grade teacher she took good care of my kid...About the principal...lack of professionalism....I think the principal needs to think first before she say something... So far I have not seen a worksheet dated 1973.. I agree as well that there is no differentiation for advance students,,, But overall the school is so far developing my kids ability to learn. The parent involvement is awesome...

Posted June 28, 2011
As a professional educator, I was extremely dissatisfied by the archaic methods used to "teach" children. One worksheet my daughter was given was dated 1973. It was a "one-sized-fits-all" approach with NO differentiation for advanced students. Luckily, we were able to transfer to a school where teachers actually teach rather than hand out a stack of worksheets each day.

Oak Ridge Elementary School
15452 Valle Vista Drive, Chino Hills, CA  91709
Last modified Oak Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top