School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you to all parents, students, and staff for the positive comments and input regarding our school. Please remember to share any questions or concerns with the appropriate school personnel according to the Resolution Process found in the Parent Informational Handbook found on our school website.
October 14, 2013

Posted January 26, 2015
It is National School Choice Week and I am a proud parent at OPA! They have an amazing week of events to celebrate and remind us of our right to choose OPA. They have an amazing group of teachers, staff and administrators that are dedicated to providing the best education around. Attending OPA is a choice. It may not be a fit for all families but that is the beauty of school choice. If it's not a fit please kindly remove your children so one of the 1000 plus children on the wait list can secure a place at a school they choose. Thank you OPA for everything you do for not only my child but for all children at OPA!
8 people found this helpful

Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
I had a lot of hope in this school but definitely was not what we thought. We came from an L.A. County public school with 32 kids per class and ended up at OPA with 34 kids. My son has regressed in his spelling, math and reading. The school is overcrowded, there is no one on one and there are definitely not enough proctors to keep an eye on the students. Most of last year's teachers quit so that was also something to question. Luckily we have a good teacher, the curriculum is just not what I expected. Things that I do like are the uniforms and extracurricular activities but we are definitely looking for another school this coming year, the standards at this school are low which is why I think their scores are high.
10 people found this helpful

Posted December 13, 2014
OPA provides my children an educational experience that truly meets their individual needs. The teachers and administration are amazing, dedicated, and caring. You can tell they are interested in their academic success and want all children to succeed. I appreciate OPA getting my children ready to face the 21st century by utilizing technology in the classroom and following up with homework assignments on Chromebooks. At OPA, every child is considered "gifted" and the children know that they are. I am so proud that my family made the choice to be apart of this school community. Keep up the wonderful work!
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 30, 2014
I am a grandparent of a student who attends OPA. I was so impressed when I was out to eat with my grandson and we heard a voice calling after us in the parking lot. It was his teacher from two years ago who wanted to say hi and check on my grandson and how he was doing in school this year. OPA has teachers who REALLY care about the success of their students, not just in education but in all areas. Thank you OPA teachers and staff who make a difference for our children everyday!
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 20, 2014
Update two years after promoting out of OPA: My daughter continues to excel because her foundation is in multiple intelligences - from kindergarten through 8th grade. She tutors upperclassmen and makes BUCKS doing so. How she was raised in education pours over into her personal life. This foundation will serve her well as she travels along in life. We recently moved into a new home and gave her the bonus room for her bedroom because she is so education focused and needs a huge area for that. She CHOSE to draw her wall and whatever she was gonna put there pretty much to scale. Measure, level, mark. Make sure it's exactly placed geometrically "perfect" using algebraic equations to ensure it's not even 1/16th of an inch off. She CHOSES to use her educational foundation for her personal use. She wants to be a kindergarten teacher but she has the precision qualities of an engineer because of her education at OPA. Love her multiple intelligences way of doing things. Thank you OPA. You've created a logical-mathematical monster!
6 people found this helpful

Posted June 13, 2014
We were so impressed by Open House last night! There were performances from cheer/dance, all levels of choir, and band. Families had the opportunity to eat together before and after the classrooms were open. Not only was I impressed by the classrooms my children are lucky to be a part of, but also all of the other rooms. My kids could not wait to show us the classrooms they might be in next year. We went into every classroom, and they were all full of positive energy and wonderful student work displays. I am thrilled by the excitement my kids have for learning, and the love they have for their school. I am so proud of what this school has accomplished in the last four years, and look forward to the continued growth they will make. Positive and dedicated parents need to continue to volunteer and support the MANY things the staff is doing for our CHAMPIONS!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 12, 2014
I just got home from Open House at OPA and I have to say, it was incredible! The displayed art that won awards at the Chino Art Festival proved that there are some very talented artists out there. There were several student performances before classrooms were opened and students did great. Once my son's class was open I was amazed at all of his hard work on display. It is evident that our teachers bring out the best in their students. I appreciate all of the hard work the staff, teachers, and administrators do for all students. This is my first year at OPA and this Open House was night and day different than my home school. THANK YOU OPA, FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
2 people found this helpful

Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley School 3

Posted June 12, 2014
Opa is a decent enough school with very good intentions. Maybe as the years go by the school it will live up to all visions and promises. All the teachers have been above average to outstanding that my child has encountered. My concerns are lack of organization especially with specialty classes and extracurricular. The language program is inefficient ,your child will not become bilingual In the world language program. But again great intention and maybe this program will improve. My biggest concern is not being able to get in touch with the principal/ chancellor . Last year I was blocked from even leaving a message for the guy. There is a new principal this year and again never got a call back the one time I left a message.. There is a system of hoops to go through just to be allowed to have a conversation with the principal they always insist that you go through the teacher first. Which is fine in some situations I guess. But if a parent wants to speak with the principal of their child's school it should be that parents right. Bottom line: doesn't meet expectations and dreams yet,. Principal leaves lots of nice recorded messages, not the same as actually speaking to him/her.
9 people found this helpful

Posted April 28, 2014
I love Oxford Prep Academy. My kids have been at this school since the first day it opened. I love the families, the kids and the hard working staff. I love everything the school has to offer for my children, especially the musical lessons, foreign language, computer class and my daughter's favorite - science lab! This school offers so much more than other schools. Yes, they expect a lot from our kids, but I expect a lot from my children too because I want them to have the best education possible, and OPA is giving them just that.

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is so nice. The teachers are nice to the kids and we parent participate in many aspects.

Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley School
5862 C St., Chino, CA  91710
Last modified Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 135 reviews. Top