School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you to all parents, students, and staff for the positive comments and input regarding our school. Please remember to share any questions or concerns with the appropriate school personnel according to the Resolution Process found in the Parent Informational Handbook found on our school website.
October 14, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Posted June 15, 2016
We love OPA and my children have thrived in this learning environment! This school has foreign language, music, PE(with an actual PE teacher), science lab for all grade K-8 at least once a week. Various grades also participate in Tae Kwon Do and band is required for upper grades. They focus on the theory of Multiple Intelligences which helps each child learn in their own way. As for concerns posted, school Administrators work with those that have financial needs offering payment plans or scholarships determined on a case by case basis. The most amazing teachers are on this campus and they work VERY hard and long hours because they love their students! We appreciate all of the teachers, staff and parents who work together countless hours each year to make this school great. This school stands for school choice and respect a family or teachers decision to choose something different, but for my family and 1,200 other students...this is the best choice.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 07, 2016
I was pretty shocked that OPA wanted my friend to have her son and daughter repeat their grades just because their they were no over excelling. Two of my son's best friends will be leaving because of personal issues. They say it's a multiple intelligence school but they really do not have the resources to do that for each child when there is 35 students in each class.

Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley 2

Posted June 07, 2016
This school is definitely not for everyone. As a parent I will do everything for my children to receive the best education that is available to them so we were excited to come to this school. However, I do feel that OPA should offer more budget friendly options for the low-income students in the immediate Chino area. They do not offer free or reduced lunches, the uniforms vary from $30 and up new or you can buy them used once a month if you find the sizes you need. Seeing all of the audi's, mercedes and even a lambo in line to pick up their children is not uncommon. Another thing, we were not able to take our own tablet for class use, we had to purchase them for $300, it adds up if you have more than one child. I just hoped being a charter school it would serve the immediate community and not be so $$ demanding as for our large family it became financially tight. To my surprise it is really overcrowded and yes there were some bullying incidents as mentioned in other comments. The parent involvement is really awesome though, which is in my opinion why the school is successful

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 21, 2016
Thank you Mrs. Ortiz and Mrs. Booth for making this school year great for my children! They are learning so much and are having fun too! Mrs. Roche, Mrs. Black, Mr. Crow and all the staff at OPA we love and support you! Thank you for making our school what it is today!

Posted March 21, 2016
OPA is the best school ever! My children have been with OPA since the first year it opened. Even after all these years, they still look forward to coming to school everyday! I hope OPA gets the renewal and expansion it deserves. All the negative reviews are absolutely false!

Posted March 11, 2016
opa is fun and it is like no other school i have been to so far.

Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley 1

Posted March 11, 2016
Please take these reviews with a grain of salt. As you will notice there are multiple reviews on the same days. This is because OPA has their staff members fill reviews out at their staff meetings to try to push the negative reviews down. This school is struggling for a reason. It is not good. As a former teacher there, I was appalled at the things I witnessed. I resigned on my own and have since had many students leave this school as parents are finding out what I saw.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 27, 2016
Mr Raven- thank you for your enthusiasm towards teaching music. My son is developing a real love for music and speaks very highly of you.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 27, 2016
I would prefer no homework but so far in 1st grade the homework is not too much.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 27, 2016
Whenever I am on school grounds I always find the children to be very respectful and polite.

5862 C Street, Chino, CA  91710
Last modified Oxford Preparatory Academy - Chino Valley is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.