Chino, CA

Dickson Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter attended Dickson Elementary for her 5th & 6th grade years. She was new to the public school system and she transitioned very well into it. The teachers and students made her feel very welcome and made her feel like she was family and as if they had known her for many years. I couldn't have asked for better teachers to teach her what she needed to learn in those grades and to pass with flying colors. And the office staff is always very welcoming and friendly when you walk in thru the doors. Doris Dickson truly does have Shining Stars! :)

Posted August 29, 2013
when will the people downtown realize that all these expensive programs that are supposed to get the scores up, are a waste?

Posted October 13, 2012
Dickson's API dropped 16 points. How many millions of dollars were wasted on "Teach To The Test" Programs?

Posted August 12, 2012
We are probably going to move to get into a better school area, hopefully the new principal can make things better, but a lot of it is the attitude at district toward schools in Chino v Chino Hills. Not to mention the facilities in CH are newer and better.

Dickson Elementary School 3

Posted March 13, 2010
I would agree with this review. All Art and Music is gone.Teachers can only teach certain subjects at certain hours.This is not what I want for my child.

Posted January 26, 2010
My children are on the list for the new charter school. I am tired of this 'teach to the test' philosophy at Dickson now.

Dickson Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2009
Great school my daughter had the best experince there!

Posted May 19, 2009
I'm a parent at dickson elementary and I don't think is a really good school. Some teachers are lazy in teaching and some children that get in trouble don't get any suspensions or other action against them. Also the work that the children get are below average.. some children in 6th grade are getting hw that is for 3rd grade. And children in 4th grade are getting hw for 2nd grade.

Dickson Elementary School 5

Posted October 13, 2008
This is our first year at Doris Dickson. I have to say we are very impressed with the staff as well as the principal, Sue Pederson. Coming from a home school enviroment, we weren't sure how we would feel about our first public school experience. To say the least, we are extremely happy. The teachers are so welcoming and seem truly happy. We know this trickles down from the leadership of Doris Dickson. Yes, we could have sent our kids to a school that had high test scores and probably grumpy teachers. What I have observed, is a true caring for the children who attend this wonderful school. These teachers are committed and it really shows. I'm grateful to have my girls at this school. My husband and I would like to thank you for the fine teaching they are receiving.

Posted September 03, 2008

Dickson Elementary School
3930 Pamela Drive, Chino, CA  91710
Last modified Dickson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dickson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top