Public charter
Chula Vista, CA

Posted March 21, 2015
Arroyo vista charter elementary is a joke! It seems as if there is a lot of bullying going on here and principal and staff do nothing about it. Principal and staff are rude and they do not listen to parents and children. Pta is a joke also. All the friends are on pta and friends do friends favors while the other of us get nothing. My children have been here for 2 years and this will be the last year I put up with this nonsense at arroyo vista charter. Please do not be fooled by charter. The students here are bad influences also, they bully, use bad language and don't care who they hurt or make feel bad. . I have not had a positive experience at this school. Bathrooms stay dirty, bullies in classrooms and on the playground, and incompete teachers. My children say they do not want to go back to this school.

Posted September 16, 2014
Do not be deceived by the great schools rating of a 9. Administration is horrible to deal with and God forbid you have to deal with them concerning a bullying issue. They have an amazing way of turning the bullying issue back onto your child. The principal is taking on children that would not otherwise be accepted at a non charter public school due to insane behavior problems. Her view is if they are smart than they are welcome. This is very dangerous. Trust me, very dangerous. I know first hand. Do not get caught up in the idea of charter school. It would benefit your child more to go to the assigned public school. This school will be the next reform school for soon to be criminals if she is not held accountable for who is allowed to be educated here. It is a joke!!
8 people found this helpful

Arroyo Vista Charter School 4

Posted July 26, 2014
This is a great school! Kindergarten teacher Ms. Glickman is awesome! The principal is rude, doesn't care to listen to parents and the front office ladies are RUDE too! Huge PTA overall good school but needs a leader who will take the time to meet with a parent when requested!!!
5 people found this helpful

Arroyo Vista Charter School 5

Posted July 21, 2014
Great school and great teachers. Have had two kids attending for the last couple of years and have never had an issue.

Posted June 07, 2014
AVCMS is a joke! The teachers are either incompetent or on their way out the door. Administration is not helpful and extremely rude. My child was bullied repeatedly and it was ignored by all authority figures. It's disgusting how the school chooses to play 'favorites' and basically ostracize everyone else. Unfortunately, the office staff reflects the leadership which is poor. On top of all of the social/emotional issues, the academic rigor is pretty much nonexistent!! If you want your child to be prepared for high school or accepted in to a decent college, do not choose this middle school- you will be extremely disappointed!!!
6 people found this helpful

Posted May 29, 2014
My child started at AVCS with great expectations. Unfortunately as parents we failed to listen to teachers / parents / classified employee's at the district level. My child was bullied through the grade levels and as parents we did what we could within the system. We finally requested a zone transfer which was denied, we ask why and were told by the district office the principal denied it. We then re-applied a couple of months later for a zone transfer and this time we did not mention bullying as a factor. It was approved and our child was happy and thank us. Principal rude on and off campus. Several times have encountered the principal off campus and she was rude to our child and my spouse. Teachers are afraid to be themselves. Race, age, and sexual orientation should not be reasons to be ashamed of, unfortunately there are several teachers and a classified that have to stay in the closet.
5 people found this helpful

Arroyo Vista Charter School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
It's a great school, my daughter is in 7th I really like it, the only problem is that the Spanish class even the advance is too basic so is a waste of time for the children that are Spanish speaker.

Arroyo Vista Charter School 5

Posted August 08, 2013
I have 2 children at Arroyo Vista. The principle is very active which is one of the reasons we transferred to this school. We came from a school that had no leadership. The teachers we have had are great communicators and sensitive to the students needs.

Arroyo Vista Charter School 3

Posted July 27, 2013
Not sure yet about Arroyo! I have 2 daughters that went to Marshall and the staff was great. My little one starts K at Arroyo. The few times that I have been in the Arroyo office the staff made me feel uncomfortable. I will give the staff the benefit of the doubt and see how the year goes.

Arroyo Vista Charter School 3

Posted July 23, 2013
Agree with the parent that posted yesterday. The principal doesn't want to work with parents, and the staff at the front office is rude. It's time for a new job ladies.

Arroyo Vista Charter School
2491 School House Road, Chula Vista, CA  91915
Last modified Arroyo Vista Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo Vista Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top