Bonita Road Christian School

Private | K-6

Living in Chula Vista

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Sweep tile

Posted October 23, 2013

this school is amazing in all ways. from the incredible staff to the awesome students... the curriculum and education are top notch and the activities (after school and holidays) are professional and can't be beat. I have nothing but incredible things to say about every aspect of this school! my girls are so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful school.

Posted October 2, 2013

I love Bonita Road!!! The education my children is great, parents are involved and the administration is friendly and accessible.

Posted October 1, 2013

Bonita Road has been the biggest blessing to my family and me. I cannot imagine my children attending any other place. Not only do they receive an *amazing* education, but I daily see the teachers and staff pouring their lives and hearts into them. As a parent, I could not ask for anything more - dropping off my kids for 7 hours every single day, knowing the investment that is being made in them as a person. My kids are excelling academically, socially, and most importantly - spiritually. I love this school! I love that my students attend here, and I love that I get to be a part of such an amazing community as an employee.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 1, 2013

My wife once told me that if we moved away from the San Diego area the thing she would miss the most would be Bonita Road School. It has been such a great fit for our family the teachers are PHENOMENAL people and the school is always trying to find ways for the families to be apart of the school experience!

Posted September 30, 2013

Me and my family are new to this school this year, we LOVE IT, great academic program, fabulous staff and teachers, we are having an awesome experience, thank you!

Posted September 30, 2013

The teachers and atmosphere are wonderful! The kids are so advanced and are learning a grade above what their grade is! I love the small classrooms and how close everyone is! It's a great school and I would recommend it to all my friends and family!!

Posted September 27, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience at Bonita Road. My kids began at the preschool and are now at BRCS and thriving. It's an amazing environment with excellent teachers who not only teach, but demonstrate Godly character and love to my children on a daily basis. The school uses a great curriculum and my kids love to learn. There are so many fun events throughout the year that our kids also get to enjoy. We feel so blessed to be a part of this school and our kids could not be happier here.

Posted September 27, 2013

We love BRCS!!! I have 2 children currently attending the school. They both began in the pre-school program and are both thriving on the elementary level. The teachers are all amazing. We have had only positive experiences in that regard. Both of my children are excelling academically. The curriculum is difficult and challenging and also engaging. My children are polar opposites when it comes to personalities and interests, yet both are accepted, loved and encouraged to foster their gifts and talents. This school is such an encouragement! One of my favorite events during the year is the talent show. I am always moved to tears by how encouraging the student body and staff are to these children and how confident the children are in performing on stage in front of their peers. I think this is an excellent example of the loving, safe environment provided to all at BRCS.

Posted September 11, 2013

You're building, you're not. You're moving, you're not. You slapped together a middle school and its not functioning from a parent perspective, children are bullied, students are not challenged. Some of the previous posts from former parent have been deleted, I see. I find that disappointing, save yourself the drama and promises that lead nowhere and go elsewhere. I really wish the curriculum was better, the teachers are so nice, but nice doesn't help my child who is now behind in public school....how the heck can he be behind in a public school when he was three levels ahead before his two years at BRC.... Thank you.

Posted July 16, 2012

My daughters have attended BRCS for two years and it is the best school choice we have ever made. The teachers and staff all reflect the love of Jesus Christ by modeling Christian character not just teaching it. My girls love going to school every morning and have an appetite to learn. This school encourages and supports academic achievement and provides options for children who are academically ahead of their class.

Posted January 27, 2011

I have been to this school on numerous occasions, and I am surprised at the lack of Christian conduct. I expect good Christian values to be instilled in the students and exhibited by the adults. Numerous Christian basketball teams from around the county have played ball at BRC. The referee is affiliated with BRC, he is an elderly gentleman who actually cheats in favor of BRC. It is very unfortunate that neither the coach, teachers, or the BRC parents have broached this subject. It's so bad that it is actually embarrassing. I want my child to learn the values of fair play, honest competition, and integrity. It is not about winning or losing, it's about instilling values. but BRC does not seem to feel that way. When we get together with the parents from the other teams, we all share one general consensus; the BRC referee cheats and the school allows it. If this is what they consider Christian Values to be, than they are sorely mistaken.

Posted November 4, 2009

I have had my children at BRCS since kinder and Preschool, . What an amazing school! I love that they love my children as their own, hold them accountable and have developed them academically! My daughter is in 6th grade and has been in Advanced Placement since it was permitted, I believe it began in 4th Grade. She performs at a solid 7th grade level. My son is a harder learner and the class has a teacher and an assistant so he gets the help he need int he class. On top of this they have a great Christian base. I am sorry that my daughter must leave next year, but they do grow up!!

Posted August 26, 2009

My student attends this school and I have had nothing but a positive experience here. I have been amazed at the progress my child has made socially, spiritually and academically since attending here. The teachers genuinely love and care about my student and he loves going to school here. I feel like the school is blessed with an amazing staff that not only educates the children, but loves and invests in their lives. I truly believe that God has brought our family to this school and we are thankful for all the teachers, staff & students that are now a part of our child's life. We desire to keep our child in Bonita Road through 6th grade and cannot wait to place our other child here when the time comes.

Posted August 24, 2009

My two children love and thrive in this school. The teachers and they're staff are a blessing and you can see they really care... its not just a paycheck for them. They are there because they want to be there. They have wonderful events through out the year and have great school spirit. I sent my kids there starting in Kinder because of they're reading program and I was very pleased. My son is starting his 3rd year there & my daughter her 2nd. Very excited to see them mature in the word of God.

Posted August 15, 2009

My child attended BRC and love and learn. I have never had any problems! They helped to builf a strong foundation of love, acceptance, education, and religion. My child is proud for her purity and attends one of the highest ranked highschools in the nation and in the top five of all of California. We now live in OC but will always remember BRC.

Posted August 13, 2009

I will not send our child to this school again. Lack of leadership and a negative experience for our child. I agree with the teacher that said this is not a Christian school. I would rather send my child to a public school.

Posted August 12, 2009

Positive leadership and leadership in general is defintely lacking at this school. My personal experience with the 'higher ups' was extemely unprofessional. Academically, they are far behind every school in every area but reading. I quickly left this job because it was such a terrible experience for not only me, but my own children who were attending. I'm limited in what I can say on this post, but I agree with the parent who says that this is not a Christian school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 23, 2009

My personal experience has been nothing but positive. My child has attended BRC since preschool and is now in 3rd grade. Everything about her education has been Christ centered. Have their been some bumps in the road? Yes, but that is life and BR and I have worked to get the bumps smoothed out. I have had two other children complete their education in the public system and BRC has my youngest better prepared than they ever were. There are ups and downs at every school and most who complain about the small things don't leave or pull their kids out. Overall this is a wonderful school and my child loves coming to school everyday.

Posted July 31, 2008

my daughter has been at brcs since preschool. now she is going to 6th grade. this school is amazing. we love all the teachers.

Posted January 25, 2008

My daughter is at BRCS since pre-school, now she is in 2nd grade and we all love it.

Ethnicity This school

Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

73 Bonita Road