Posted August 02, 2013
I love Corky! Teachers are wonderful. I get emails and notes about any situations I need to attend to. But mostly, it seems very positive and pleasant. When my kid can't wait for summer to end, I know he is in a great environment. If there is a negative, it is the parking and traffic in and out of there,... I just go early enough to miss it!

Posted May 16, 2013
The Principal and Vice Principal are wonderful!! They really take the time to listen and help make the school a better place to be.

Posted July 18, 2011
I've had three children attend this school in the last 9 years, and have had only positive experiences with the staff and the academic aspect of this school. They have an excellent overall enrichment program from social skills to education.

Posted March 24, 2010
My daughter began kindergarten without knowing all of her letters and her numbers only up to 10. She didn't know how to spell or read. The school year is half way done and she can identify all of her letters, write sentences, and knows most of her numbers up to 60! The teachers really are interested and active with the parents to help children succeed. The PTA and the school hold lots of events and the parent community is very supportive. There are quite a few military families here so there are many friends that could also help your child transition to the new school. The principal is new this year to McMillin but he's got a lot of experience and he is very pro-active with the students. I honestly feel that greatschools.org should have given this school a 10 but the proof can be seen in my daughters' dramatic improvement.

Posted September 20, 2009
We have the best students and the best parents!!!!

Posted September 18, 2009
We're a top performing school with a very involved community!

Posted September 18, 2009
Great staff, great kids, great parents!!!

Posted September 18, 2009
Corky McMillin has a very diverse community yet we all work together to strength the programs at our school and enhance student achievement. I'm also proud of our PTA, ELA and volunteer programs. Finally the teaching staff if top notch and very hardworking. I love this school!

Posted September 18, 2009
I love the diversity, the unique school layout, and the happy, beautiful children!

Posted September 18, 2009
We have the most cohesive staff and administration, working together with the commited goal of student well-being and achievement. Our students are not only immersed in quality instructional strategies toward academic excellence, but they are also socially conscious citizens. Our Peace Patrol, Service Club, and Ability Awareness programs make our campus safe and appreciative of community and diversity. And to top it off, our PTA rocks! The parents at McMillin support all that we do with great fervor and vision for future generations. To say that McMillin Elementary is a great school, is truly an understatement. PTA

1201 Santa Cora Avenue, Chula Vista, CA  91913
Last modified McMillin (Corky) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McMillin (Corky) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top