Bad
Good

I must agree, most of the teachers I've dealt with here have very little understanding on how to work with children with ADD. Both my children have it. It was very hard to get a 504 plan set for them. They kept on implying that meds were needed, which I refused to do. My 6th grader is doing very well now and my 2nd grader is still struggling. The teachers don't understand that children with ADD/ADHD can't learn with the school's cookie-cutter approach. I highly recommend they receive specialized ADD/ADHD training so these children can get the kind of quality teaching they need. Other than that, I'm very pleased with their Spanish Immersion Program and highly recommend it.

The teachers are amazing, I moved just for this school and it exceeding all my expectations for both my kids. It is its own community and every really comes together for the kids. Best decision I ever made was putting my kids in this school. I highly recommend it.

I have had a very bad experience regarding this school. This school DOES NOT know how to work with children with ADD or ADHD. The teacher my son had last year was nice and involved but just didn't seem to understand how to work with children with ADD, although together she and I made it work. This year his new teacher treats him as if he is innately flawed. She hasn't said one good thing about my son. He is not a mean or combative child, just sensitive and easily distracted. In my sons last school he was doing fine and the teachers were much more positive. All I can say is this school has certainly fallen short.

We bought a house in Chula Vista after living downtown San Diego for the last two years. One of the reasons why we selected our house and the area was based on the scores for the school system in Chula Vista. We have been very happy with our expereience thus far. The teachers are supportive and the principal is active and open to new ideas. We look forward to many more years with Hedenkamp.

My kids have been going to this school since the begining of this school year & they addapted well. The Vice Principal was very freindly and made my children feel very welcome their 1st day there. My kids started mid September and did not know anybody since we had just moved back form North Carolina. He walked with us to both of their classes and intruduced them to their new teachers. Over all, my kids seem to like it a lot! Hedenkamp has one of the best ratings in East Chula Vista and plenty of mililtary families live near by too. We ourselves are ex military and I'm glad I made the right choice in enrolling them here.

I go to Hedenkamp and this school is like my home. It's "The Home of the Huskies"! We have awesome times everyday. Everyone comes to school with big smiles and happy emotions. I'm very glad I'm going to this school! -Nia 4th Grader

We are a military family who chose where to live based on the school. My son was in 3rd grade and had a horrible experience at Hedencamp. I tried talking to the teacher numerous times,but she did not take my concerns seriously. The principal was very dismissive as well. I pulled my son from there and put him in private school this year, where the difference was night and day. My daughter was supposed to go to Hendencamp this year, but when she was tested for kindergarden, they wanted to send her straight to first grade. Again, my concerns were dismissed. When I observed a kindergarten class at the end of the school year, they were doing the same things my daughter was doing in preschool. This made my choice to send the kids to private school an easy one.

i love this school they have all these extra activities in sixth grade...i cnt deny it its to much to be true its my lifeee!!!:)

Both my children attend Hedenkamp. It is rare to find teachers that really care and love what they do. But, we are very fortunate to have a great staff. Mr. Yee, Mrs. Guzman, Mrs. Littleton and Mrs. Hawa are only a few of many at the school. They truly care for their students. Good Job!!!!

The staff, teachers, parents and children are all a big family. In this school they really care about our children education.

Last modified Hedenkamp (Anne And William) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.