Chula Vista, CA
Students enrolled: 1,575

Eastlake Middle School 2

Posted February 24, 2014
This school lacks leadership, communication and compassion throughout most of the staff to include office and teachers! They don't care about enrichment or student growth, just the test scores. They are mostly unwilling to help or assert any positive attention when dealing with special needs children and I have had a few teachers even say very inappropriate things to my child without reprimand from the assistant vp, vp or principal. I cannot wait for this school year to be over so I no longer have to deal with this school! Or I might actually get him into a different school! Just because it's a new school and it looks fantastic doesn't mean the staff is subpar!

Eastlake Middle School 3

Posted January 17, 2014
The vice principal is rude and only acts gentleman like in front of adults.I love everything but him.My fellow colleagues like everything else though.The prime principal is nice and is an all round good person.Though many of fellow classmates are failing or having trouble in math,they do have tutoring depending on your teacher. They also make us pick up trash for almost any reason.It seems as if someone took a breath they get 1 day of picking up trash! Today my friend got 3 days of picking up multiple buckets of trash up.Also one of the security guards will take your phone before school even starts or when you are telling your parents you got to school safe for instance.Though they make it look like a haven for students,it can be quite suffocating.I would urge new students to come because once you make friends it helps you get your mind off how strict the school is.

Eastlake Middle School 3

Posted September 10, 2013
It;s a good school but I wish they had bigger parking lot for such a big size middle school. Also, they don't have basketball gym although they have "not functional" basketball courts mistakenly built ( I heard) outside.

Posted May 28, 2013
Eastlake is awesome! Great school. Fun school with good teachers. And we get iPads! What else is there to say?

Posted September 11, 2012
This is a great school. I am currently in the 7th grade right now and the teachers are very understanding. for example, I am in Algebra and Spanish classes and the teachers go through lessons quickly while making sure that we understand. the teachers also have a bunch of cool ways of learning and they make sure that everyone one of us are very organized, so I highly recommend this school because it really is one of the best in our district, and it's not just because Jessica Sanchez came here.......;)

Posted September 24, 2011
The school is terrible, are you serious, have you been to inner city schools in Los Angeles. Come On this is Eastlake an upscale area in Chula Vista. The buildings at Eastlake Middle are well maintained, the grounds are taken care off, the students are safe, they have great teachers that care about how well the students are doing and offer after school tutoring at no extra cost, they have a music program and physical education. I think people only get on these sites to complain because they have nothing better to do. As far as a public education goes this school is by far one of the best! My son is proud of attending Eastlake Middle.

Eastlake Middle School 1

Posted May 24, 2011
This school it terrible. The principal is not in control of the teachers conduct and the teachers are not qualified to teach their subjects. Most teachers are ESL or ELD teachers, not general education.

Eastlake Middle School 1

Posted April 01, 2011
The higher administrators at Eastlake Middle are very inconsistent and unfair with their policies. They don't get their facts straight before they apply any discipline with their students, including the fact that they allow their teachers to belittle the students and get away with remarks such as calling them "lazy cows". Fortunately, my child won't be attending this school anymore. I would highly reconsider enrolling your children at this school.

Posted March 08, 2011
Eastlake has been a great school for my kids and im sure it has been a great schhol for many others it offers good electives and outside school activitys

Posted January 06, 2010

Eastlake Middle School
900 Duncan Ranch Road, Chula Vista, CA  91914
Last modified Eastlake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastlake Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top