Bad
Good

Posted April 29, 2016
When we moved across country to here we were very excited about this school. It looked great, nice neighborhood, and high great school rating. After an adjustment period we have found this school to be awful for kids with learning disabilities. Teachers here do not show up when a conference is scheduled. They don't follow 504 accommodation. My child has been depressed the whole 2 years of being at this school. She works very slow and can't get work done as fast as other students. They require spiral notebooks with lots of gluing into pages. Add kids have hard time being organized and doing the same tedious work the same tedious way every day. School does not recognize this. Several Teachers get up for a few minutes at beginning of class say what the assignment is, tell kids to ask parents for help. Rest of period work on assignment. They don't go to the same classes every day. Very rigid and scattered at the same time. The teachers stress how hard it's going to be in High school and college. This discourages my child into thinking she can't handle it. Some teachers post right away in Jupiter so you can track kids work, others don't for weeks. The assistant principal told me to my face during first conference I had that my child's psychologist "must not know how things work here, and we don't make accommodations the way she suggests." Then when I told her she is entitled to 504 plan she said if the teacher feels she is doing everything and they agree will they follow the plan but it is at the teachers discretion. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the teachers to follow 504 accommodation. We have two kids in same grade. One kid thanks to some generous teachers is allowed frequently to turn in late work, the child with add who is supposed to have 504 accommodation gets told she is not allowed to turn in late work. That doesn't seem fair to me that depending on what teacher you have determines if you can turn in late work or not. The teachers should be following same guidelines. They know you will get tired of emailing them. However after that conference a couple weeks go by and the teachers don't go by the accommodation plan. We are very excited to be moving to a different school district. If you are military with a child with disability I would advise using the free liaison on base.

Eastlake Middle School 4

Posted May 04, 2015
This school is great, my son loves it there. The only issue are some of the teachers, some of them are substitutes or have been for some time. The children don't learn what they need to learn, because of all the substitute changes within the year. One of the issues is, If you are going to teach Spanish have the school find a good teacher that is willing to help, not give an attitude when a student asks a question. Don't give extra homework, or tell the kids that they are not listening, because you don't feel like teaching.

Posted February 10, 2015
Who hired the new assistant principal ? I don't hear anything good about her and seems like she's ruining a good school.

Posted February 24, 2014
This school lacks leadership, communication and compassion throughout most of the staff to include office and teachers! They don't care about enrichment or student growth, just the test scores. They are mostly unwilling to help or assert any positive attention when dealing with special needs children and I have had a few teachers even say very inappropriate things to my child without reprimand from the assistant vp, vp or principal. I cannot wait for this school year to be over so I no longer have to deal with this school! Or I might actually get him into a different school! Just because it's a new school and it looks fantastic doesn't mean the staff is subpar!

Eastlake Middle School 3

Posted January 17, 2014
The vice principal is rude and only acts gentleman like in front of adults.I love everything but him.My fellow colleagues like everything else though.The prime principal is nice and is an all round good person.Though many of fellow classmates are failing or having trouble in math,they do have tutoring depending on your teacher. They also make us pick up trash for almost any reason.It seems as if someone took a breath they get 1 day of picking up trash! Today my friend got 3 days of picking up multiple buckets of trash up.Also one of the security guards will take your phone before school even starts or when you are telling your parents you got to school safe for instance.Though they make it look like a haven for students,it can be quite suffocating.I would urge new students to come because once you make friends it helps you get your mind off how strict the school is.

Eastlake Middle School 3

Posted September 10, 2013
It;s a good school but I wish they had bigger parking lot for such a big size middle school. Also, they don't have basketball gym although they have "not functional" basketball courts mistakenly built ( I heard) outside.

Posted May 28, 2013
Eastlake is awesome! Great school. Fun school with good teachers. And we get iPads! What else is there to say?

Posted September 11, 2012
This is a great school. I am currently in the 7th grade right now and the teachers are very understanding. for example, I am in Algebra and Spanish classes and the teachers go through lessons quickly while making sure that we understand. the teachers also have a bunch of cool ways of learning and they make sure that everyone one of us are very organized, so I highly recommend this school because it really is one of the best in our district, and it's not just because Jessica Sanchez came here.......;)

Posted September 24, 2011
The school is terrible, are you serious, have you been to inner city schools in Los Angeles. Come On this is Eastlake an upscale area in Chula Vista. The buildings at Eastlake Middle are well maintained, the grounds are taken care off, the students are safe, they have great teachers that care about how well the students are doing and offer after school tutoring at no extra cost, they have a music program and physical education. I think people only get on these sites to complain because they have nothing better to do. As far as a public education goes this school is by far one of the best! My son is proud of attending Eastlake Middle.

Eastlake Middle School 1

Posted May 24, 2011
This school it terrible. The principal is not in control of the teachers conduct and the teachers are not qualified to teach their subjects. Most teachers are ESL or ELD teachers, not general education.

Eastlake Middle School
900 Duncan Ranch Road, Chula Vista, CA  91914-2626
Last modified Eastlake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.