Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Reading through all of these comments, it is apparent that a lot has changed along the way, even the principal. I am not familiar with the school's historical performance, but I am extremely impressed with their current state. Mr. Grisier has consistently displayed enthusiasm and genuine concern about the school and all of the students within. I have one child in the Spanish dual immersion program, and though I am not fluent myself, his progress these last two years in the program is so impressive that I will be enrolling my youngest child who starts Kindergarten next year. To be fair and honest, I am not fond of the drop off/pick up situation, as I often have to park down the hill in an adjacent neighborhood to pick up. One idea would be to use the front loop for the younger students (current placement of classrooms would support this), and the back loop for the older students (obvious exceptions for families with multi-aged children). If a separate driveway could be constructed for the back loop, the congestion might diminish.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The Dual Language Immersion program requires a lot of homework from the students, which is extremely difficult for the children and their parents in the younger grades (K - 3).

Excellent public school. Dynamic and dedicated teachers. Strong parent support. My kids are in the Spanish dual immersion program here at Liberty. They started here in kinder and are thriving. We hesitated in selecting the dual immersion program because we are not native Spanish speakers. We worried we wouldn't be able to provide adequate at-home support. But the teachers know many parents are not Spanish speakers. Homework generally comes home with instructions in English. If you're hesitating about trying the dual immersion program, don't. Your children will be exposed to another language, another culture, and still more than master all the fundamentals in English. This is a no-brainer. Excellent school, extraordinary teachers, dedicated principal. Thank you Liberty!

I have 2 kids that are school age. 1 is 11 months (this doesn't pertain to him) one is 8 - in 3rd grade and the oldest is 11 and in 6th. My 11 year old has downs syndrome and this school was terrible for him. School or rather the district seems to care more about money then programs, or properly training their staff, (under paid and lack of experience) Though they tried to assist to his needs they are just not equipped which is not beneficial for my son. However my 3rd grader is doing well. Aside from the common core standards (that i don't care for) the teacher herself - Mrs Walbanks is a great teacher. Very relaxed atmosphere and is a kind person. Though she does have clear expectations of the children which i really like. I rank a 2 star because of their lacking in the special education programs.

Great school. Son is in first grade and making great academic progress. He has attended since kindergarten, transferred to school mid year and transitioned smoothly since the first day. Awesome!!!!! School is fun for my son who also enjoys the different classroom activities incorporating the different celebrations observed throughout the year. Son participates in before and after school programs, both on campus and off, and we have not had any issues. My son's teachers have been extraordinary and the friendly office staff much appreciated.

Principal banned imaginative play from recess for all grades. Parents are pulling their kids out of this school.

I was reading some of the reviews and usually don't write them online, but i think for the parents that wrote about the discrimination issues for the non hispanic children that they need to take a closer look at the school this year. My son started Kinder this year and is loving it, the class is mixed and well balanced his teacher is phenomenal, very involved and caring. Also his classroom as blocks and other toys for them to play with it is very colorful and inviting. The parents are all very friendly and when it comes to getting the children ahead of the learning curve i am impressed with the quality of materials and amount they learn in a almost playful way very quickly. His teachers approach on the curriculum is extraordinary and i have to say school has changed a lot since my time but i am very impressed with the staff, leadership and their academic programs that give all students a chance to learn at a pace that is exeptional

I give this school 2 stars because of the beautiful campus in a nice neighborhood, and the other parents are friendly. However, we had several issues from the beginning. The principal was always very reluctant to allow observations (other schools were open & welcoming). She rarely returns e-mails, and she eliminated indoor play or any play-based learning in Kinder in order to improve district assessments. However they would play cartoon videos during quiet times or indoor recess since there were no blocks, play dough, or anything. One of the Spanish kinder teachers told me "creativity is for at home." The worst part was when my Kinder slipped out of class unnoticed. I happened to find him at the rear gate of the school. No one was looking for him. Teacher did not inform the office. At a later meeting with the principal she said she sent a parent to notify the office, which turned out to be false. The principal did not seem concerned. When I discovered this I took him out of the school. She said a kid goes missing every year but they always find him. I hesitated leaving this review, but I feel other families should know so they can make an informed choice.

Excellent school with very dedicated teachers. Test scores are consistently high and parents are very involved.

This is my 1st year at Liberty and my child's teacher seems to have good classroom control. I feel that my child is safe at the school and enjoys going. The parking is a nightmare. Kindergarten parents have to park and walk their student into the classroom and do the same for pick up. There is a HUGE bus area that is only used for Special Ed students. This area could be used for Kindergarten drop off and pick up to help with the ebb and flow of the parking lot traffic. My student is in the English only class and the class is small--I cannot complain.

Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.