Bad
Good

Posted January 12, 2016
Rude staff attendant!!!!!! i dnt know her name bcoz our kid is new in these school i dnt know all the staff names but she needs to learn how to treat parent with respect And she better learn how to smile when shes talking to someone, shes so rude!! That women needs to learn a good manner!! Not a kidfriendly environment!! Make sure nxt time to call or email us ahead of time if they are having early release... This school needs improvement i thought all the ratings that i saw is very impressing but on what i experience im so very disappointed!!

Posted May 08, 2015
Horrible experience. My child is treated so unfairly and is miserable almost everyday. I wish I never moved into this neighborhood to have to go to this school.

Posted November 04, 2014
Lazy teachers, rude and unhappy staff. The only decent teachers in the school are tested like outcasts. Children are treated like cattle and verbally abused by certain teachers. Stay away!

Posted November 04, 2014
We have had to contact and talk to the third grade teacher numerous times about the importance of using the bathroom and hydration. Our daughter was not allowed to use that bathroom when she asked. As a matter of fact, students have to pay the teacher in "Schnitzer" dollars that they earn through good behavior to use the bathroom. She has come home with stomach aches because she was not allowed to use the bathroom. In addition, the only time that we forgot to pack a water bottle our daughter had to be taken to the doctor due to dehydration (we have documented proof). After we talked to the teacher, our daughter feels reprisal because she is being ignored and not called on. Our child's third grade teacher has verbally abused and alienated our child at every given chance. In addition this teacher discussed our concerns with the whole 3rd grade class and talked on the phone about is in front of the whole class. My daughter was embarrassed to say the least. We have pulled our child out of this school today and she will Not be returning!

Posted July 09, 2014
The teachers at Veteran's are wonderful and I feel the PTA does an excellent job organizing events. I however am very upset how the principal handled the schools impact. I completely understand that children who live in the zone should have priority, however the principal was not up front when parents from outside the zone asked about transfers. My family was initially in the zone when my child first started at Veteran's and we currently moved to a location which recently changed from Veterans to Wolf Canyon. We were told our child was on a waiting list and now I'm told that the waiting list meant they were not accepted. Why put them on a waiting list if you already know they will not be able to transfer? Why was I not told this earlier? The only accommadations he was willing to make were for the Dual Immersion classes. I feel that he does not treat all the children fairly and he puts a bigger priority on the Dual Immersion.

Posted July 09, 2014

Posted March 27, 2014
This school has great teachers that are dedicated and the results of the recent API test scores reflects this. The parents at this school should be more committed to volunteering and helping with events/programs that are run at the school. There is a very small handful of parents that help out. With a school as large as this, there should be more parent involvement. There is a sense of entitlement with the parents here, they want everything from the school but don't really want to be involved in order to get it. The PTA does an amazing job of offering programs/events/fundraisers but they have to practically beg for volunteers to help out or bribe them with rewards for volunteering.

Posted August 13, 2013
This school has good teachers but its school secretary makes it a horrible experience to be at. She has absolutely no social skills and lacks any empathy or sympathy. I do not know why she is working at a school, the principal definitely had a lapse in judgment keeping her in that position.

Posted May 31, 2013
This has been the first year my child has attended this School. I'm not very happy with how the new principal has managed different situations. For example, it has been a change of teacher when there was only two and a half more moths to go before the end of the school year. Also, not happy with award ceremony they do at the end of they year. If your child does not get a trophy, it can be for several reasons: they did not deserved it, or on the other hand, they deserved it but there are certain number of trophys per class, so even if more children deserve it, they cannot give it to them.... As I was told. Not very happy at all! Some things need to change for the well of the children.

Posted April 08, 2013
I feel the reviews would be better served by filtering out those that appear generated by the staff/business. Minimizing a parent's experiences by suggesting they go somewhere else because the child and parent have been ill-treated is unnecessary. Please do not assume that the aforementioned concerns have been kept secret- they have been addressed time and again. This forum prohibits naming individuals in the review- it is not about remaining "anonymous." I could give plenty of examples, but that does not improve the matter. Furthermore, the administration has seen for themselves how this teacher interacts with parents, and I can tell you that one member of the administration acts similarly. (Actually, this person does "smile" but it is fake and does not reach the eyes.) You can state how the school has certain test scores from last year, but that has nothing to do with the way students are treated. Those are only numbers- and lest you have not followed the recent news, some schools have easily falsified the scores. My child is not a number. Perhaps you're right though... since things haven't improved, maybe it's time to take the matter up with the district and CDE.

Veterans Elementary School
1550 Magdalena Avenue, Chula Vista, CA  91913-3948
Last modified Veterans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.