Posted March 19, 2015
We have watched our children blossom in the Pre-K program at Bonita Country Day. The teachers know not only what each child needs academically, but they also know what each child needs emotionally. We love that our children can progress at their own pace and discover along the way what they are especially good at or what they enjoy.

Posted February 09, 2015
Our child is now in first grade at Bonita County Day School. For the last three years our child loves going to school and is so excited on a Monday morning to return to see her teachers and friends. The Bonita County Day School motto is Teaching children how to think, not what to think . As a result of this philosophy our child benefits from a positive self-esteem and a confidence that we believe are providing a strong foundation for her entire education and beyond. The student-teacher ratio is extremely favorable and the nurturing, experienced and effective teachers and staff at BCSD excel in their field. Despite being in first grade our child is doing reading and math a year and more about the current grade level. In addition to the classroom curriculum, which also includes Spanish, the school offers a bountiful extracurricular set of activities including chess, cooking, playball and violin. The principal, headmaster, director, teachers, aftercare and other staff are all enthusiastic, approachable, available, caring, receptive to suggestions. We are extremely pleased and highly recommend Bonita County Day School.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 08, 2015
I absolutely love the school!!! My daughter has learned so much, and its only halfway through the semester. The curriculum and the way the Montessori program teaches seems so intuitive to natural learning and understanding versus the rote memorization technique. All of the teachers and staff are friendly yet professional, the school is maintained nicely. The Principal and the other parents share my value of education and learning and children being well-rounded. The one and only negative is the cost-BUT the cost is well worth it to me. I have a very busy job, I'm in grad school, (ie. little extra time) and my daughter's education, especially the foundation is very very important to me. Bonita Country Day has met and exceeded my expectations. Oh one more thing, the classes are really small, the surrounding public schools have thirty kids per teacher, here it 10-15 per class. Oh and the Spanish lessons really give my daughter pride in her own knowledge.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 09, 2014
My son has attended Montessori schools since preschool in the Poway and San Diego area and when looking for a school close to home, I came across BCDS at the last minute and enrolled him. I have never seen him progress so quickly academically in any other school he has attended like he did at BCDS. I am impressed by his dedication and focus from the past two years he has attended and he is a very happy alumni here. He is very close with his classmates and enjoys this small school. I hope to keep him here as long as I can, I recommend this school to anyone who would like a curriculum focused on individual pace learning.

Bonita Country Day School 4

Posted September 26, 2014
Great school! We have had our daughter here for 3 years now and she is working well above her current grade level. The teachers are fantastic and take the time to cater to each child's needs allowing them to excel in each subject.

Posted September 10, 2014
In regards to academic curriculum and excellence it is top notch and advance without pressure. BCDS curriculum is 2 years advance on average, and they supplement the lessons most times, so your kids will mostly likely be more than 2 years advance. My kids have been about at least two years academically advance for all their grades when tested. In comparison to all the many other elite Southbay and La Jolla private schools I have visited, BCDS is obviously advance. Parents who decide to enroll their kids here at BCDS will come to appreciate it watching their kids grow intellectually & be independent thinkers. If parents seriously compare curriculum, you will see why BCDS is the better choice. It shows when the kids do well when they have to move on to other schools by academics and exhibits wonderful demeanor. Bonita Country Day School has been known and proven to produce many students who are highly advance learners and thinkers successfully. Note, this school is not big on sports or fancy libraries, or pretentious show of technologies. It is about basic fundamental education to provide your kids with the building blocks for personal success.

Posted November 23, 2013
Exceptional School! This is our first year with our child in Kindergarten at Bonita Country Day. The principal, Mrs. C is very interested and astute to each of the children's learning experiences. I was very impressed that she knew our child's potential learning abilities. Each child is challenged in the classroom with teaching them how to THINK and solve problems. Spanish and P.E is in the daily schedule. The classroom size (K-1) are small (approximately 10 students now). Ms. Couts' is an excellent teacher with good credentials. She has high standards and is actively involved with each kid to help he/she excel in academics. My child loves her! The teachers/parents actively participate in fundraising to improve the school. This year's Hawaiian Luau fundraising for a new blacktop for the school was nicely planned, and was a great success! Ms. Cole is the Director of Admissions that continues to keep the kids actively involved in the community. This year, the school will be participating in the Otay Ranch Town Center Annual Santa Parade and Tree Lighting. If you want your kid to have a good, strong foundation in education, this school is highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 18, 2013
We have had two children in preschool at BCDS, both of whom started at more expensive, traditional, non-Montessori preschools in the area. There is no comparison. With regard to curriculum, this school has exceeded our expectations in every way. The changes we have seen in our children (pushing in their chairs after they're done with an activity, putting their toys and "materials" away, etc.) have been amazing. They are learning quickly in both English and Spanish. The teachers, both Ms. Montecinos and Ms. Abril, are top notch and very attentive to the individual needs of the children. The parents and other children are also amazing. If you are interested in your child getting a good educational foundation, look no further.

Posted November 16, 2012
Chess club instructor, Blake Borskey at BCDS is so wonderful with the kids. My kids never quick to leave the chess club meeting & never wants to miss class because they love going to BCDS. Also, staff works hard this year with voluntary fundraiser fund computer tablets for kids learning tools (which already have classroom desktops). Fundraisers are never mandatory as it is required at some other private schools. Our retired and current director puts in lots of efforts to find ways to raise funds for fun school activites for our kids, such as free fall carnival, spring celebration, year end fun events, yearbooks, etc. It took me at least 4 years after first being at the school to realize their efforts. I have a much better appreciation for our previous director, Mrs. Church for all her dedicated efforts for the many great student experiences at BCDS. Thank you Mrs. Church. We love you.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 04, 2012
Excellent choice for your kids!...We are glad we enroll our oldest son in BCDS, one year after and we don't regret our decision, next school year our toddler will start on the preschool program. Excellent teachers, excellent principal and excellent environment, small but caring school, nice and diverse after school programs like: Yoga, Playball, Dance, etc...also interesting field trips and good culture. Your kids will learn social values, manners and positive thinking all these besides the outstanding academic curriculum that guarantee success in middle and high school. If you can afford the tuition (which is maybe the same as you are paying for preschool right now) don't hesitate to choose this school. We are having a great experience and my kid is happy to go to school everyday! - A parent from BCDS
4 people found this helpful

Bonita Country Day School
625 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA  91913
Last modified Bonita Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Bonita Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top