PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Bonita Country Day School 1

Posted January 28, 2016
Both of my children attended this school. We have left. The Principal and Headmaster are impossible to deal with. Many other families have left for the same reason. I'm thinking of starting a Facebook page. For what you pay for your children to attend this school, it should be a more harmonious atmosphere. Since leaving the school, we have found the curriculum available online for $20. We moved our children (20 minutes across town) to the Rock Academy where they not only get a great education, but the staff and administration are pleasant, knowledgeable and possess integrity.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 28, 2016
All of the teachers we encountered from Preschool through to 1st grade were knowledgeable and nice to our children. But we did catch one in a couple of lies. Integrity lacking.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted January 28, 2016
The Principal and Headmaster are in charge, want you to know that they are in charge and this is their school. They do not respect the role of parents in the process and stand in the way of parents developing a relationship with the teachers. Every conversation we had with our children's teachers had to be overseen or witnessed by the Principal. The Principal won't even allow you to walk your children directly to the class because, as she puts it, you might want to "talk to the teacher who doesn't have time".

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 28, 2016
You can not instill what you do not possess yourself. We encountered a few situations during the 3+ years that our children attended this school when the staff, administration and/or teachers did not operate with honesty, integrity and/or fairness.

Posted March 19, 2015
We have watched our children blossom in the Pre-K program at Bonita Country Day. The teachers know not only what each child needs academically, but they also know what each child needs emotionally. We love that our children can progress at their own pace and discover along the way what they are especially good at or what they enjoy.

Posted February 09, 2015
Our child is now in first grade at Bonita County Day School. For the last three years our child loves going to school and is so excited on a Monday morning to return to see her teachers and friends. The Bonita County Day School motto is Teaching children how to think, not what to think . As a result of this philosophy our child benefits from a positive self-esteem and a confidence that we believe are providing a strong foundation for her entire education and beyond. The student-teacher ratio is extremely favorable and the nurturing, experienced and effective teachers and staff at BCSD excel in their field. Despite being in first grade our child is doing reading and math a year and more about the current grade level. In addition to the classroom curriculum, which also includes Spanish, the school offers a bountiful extracurricular set of activities including chess, cooking, playball and violin. The principal, headmaster, director, teachers, aftercare and other staff are all enthusiastic, approachable, available, caring, receptive to suggestions. We are extremely pleased and highly recommend Bonita County Day School.

Posted February 08, 2015
I absolutely love the school!!! My daughter has learned so much, and its only halfway through the semester. The curriculum and the way the Montessori program teaches seems so intuitive to natural learning and understanding versus the rote memorization technique. All of the teachers and staff are friendly yet professional, the school is maintained nicely. The Principal and the other parents share my value of education and learning and children being well-rounded. The one and only negative is the cost-BUT the cost is well worth it to me. I have a very busy job, I'm in grad school, (ie. little extra time) and my daughter's education, especially the foundation is very very important to me. Bonita Country Day has met and exceeded my expectations. Oh one more thing, the classes are really small, the surrounding public schools have thirty kids per teacher, here it 10-15 per class. Oh and the Spanish lessons really give my daughter pride in her own knowledge.

Posted December 09, 2014
My son has attended Montessori schools since preschool in the Poway and San Diego area and when looking for a school close to home, I came across BCDS at the last minute and enrolled him. I have never seen him progress so quickly academically in any other school he has attended like he did at BCDS. I am impressed by his dedication and focus from the past two years he has attended and he is a very happy alumni here. He is very close with his classmates and enjoys this small school. I hope to keep him here as long as I can, I recommend this school to anyone who would like a curriculum focused on individual pace learning.

Bonita Country Day School 4

Posted September 26, 2014
Great school! We have had our daughter here for 3 years now and she is working well above her current grade level. The teachers are fantastic and take the time to cater to each child's needs allowing them to excel in each subject.

Posted September 10, 2014
In regards to academic curriculum and excellence it is top notch and advance without pressure. BCDS curriculum is 2 years advance on average, and they supplement the lessons most times, so your kids will mostly likely be more than 2 years advance. My kids have been about at least two years academically advance for all their grades when tested. In comparison to all the many other elite Southbay and La Jolla private schools I have visited, BCDS is obviously advance. Parents who decide to enroll their kids here at BCDS will come to appreciate it watching their kids grow intellectually & be independent thinkers. If parents seriously compare curriculum, you will see why BCDS is the better choice. It shows when the kids do well when they have to move on to other schools by academics and exhibits wonderful demeanor. Bonita Country Day School has been known and proven to produce many students who are highly advance learners and thinkers successfully. Note, this school is not big on sports or fancy libraries, or pretentious show of technologies. It is about basic fundamental education to provide your kids with the building blocks for personal success.

625 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA  91913
Last modified Bonita Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6