Posted September 09, 2014
I am SO glad my son got into HTH. This is his second year, and we couldn't be more happy. This school is NOT overcrowded (like other schools in the area) and teachers not only care about the students, they take time for individual help. I have seen my son grow in so many ways; the most notable is the fact that this school gets kids off of their smart phones and texting and makes them engage in current social issues through debate and discussion. This directs them to form their own opinions and encourages problem solving! I can't recommend this school highly enough!!

Posted June 24, 2014
Let's see, where do I even begin. I absolutely love this school! I am a HTHCV alumni and can genuinely say I miss this school. It is completely different from any regular high school. For one, you develop relationships with your teachers and they actually know you and care about you as oppose to other teachers in regular high schools. HTHCV has a very laid back atmosphere making everyone feel comfortable. The teachers are always friendly and friendly with each other which is not always seen in other high schools or schools for that matter. HTHCV is a project based school which means that we learn by doing. We apply what we have been learning in the classroom to the real world, which I would say is one of HTHCV's main goals. They also focus on making us comfortable and confident around our peers. We do presentations very often that prepare us for the real world. I can say from experience that I have greatly improved with public speaking, once being the shy kid in class being to afraid of speaking up. I can now say that I feel confident speaking with professionals and my peers. Overall, I would say that HTHCV an amazing community that really values it's students.

High Tech High Chula Vista School 1

Posted November 04, 2013
High tech high chula vista is no different than any other school. There is still drugs, bullying, ect in all grades. Do not be fooled by all the people saying its a good school, it is the same as otay. Just a school with lots of windows that says it is different. Sure there are projects, but to be honest not as many as you think they would have. You dont learn what you need to for college. Also high tech high is not a high tech school. You have dells that take literally 5-10 mins to start. If we were high tech we would have 2012 macs. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SCHOOL. NOT AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS.

Posted September 25, 2013
I am currently a sophomore here at HTHCV. I would recommend it to any student. High Tech isn't just an ordinary school ! You have the skills that no other schools have. At like Otay, does every student know how to use a table saw, jigsaw, rounder .... Project based learning is amazing and I love it ! You don't just sit around reading text books.. Plus, it is a college prep school ! I know tons of students who get into great schools because we are prepared. All students eventually get out of their comfort zone and are ready to talk to huge groups of people. At high tech, bullying is never tolerated and you never feel out of place. Don't ever worry about being the "weird" kid because high tech accepts everyone for who they are ! High Tech has let me take risks and get out of my comfort. High Tech makes me want to achieve and become for successful than ever. LOVE HTHCV.

High Tech High Chula Vista School 1

Posted September 23, 2013
i graduated from this school 2 years ago. Now I am completing my prerequisites for a BA degree at a local CC. I feel like now that i am in the real world, i can fairly rate this school. I feel like the HTH is nothing more that smoke and mirrors that do not prepare students for college. The POL claim to help students for public speaking skills but I now firmly believe it is just another bluff to attract investors. My first 3 semesters of college all my classes were remedial classes because I was illl prepared for college ( I had As in all my HTHCV classes). I was specially behind in math. Also, don't be fooled into believing that 100% of the graduating seniors get into prestigious universities. HTH make the entire senior class apply for community college. So, yes, everyone get accepted into "college" ( Jr. College). Many students , like any other high school get into great colleges, but I was told that most universities complain about the HTH students not being "college ready". So there you have it. Don't let the high demand for this school fool you into believing HTH is out of this world. With the 1/10 rating in comparable schools?

Posted August 18, 2013
I have been a student at the High Tech community, both in San Diego and here in Chula Vista for over 5 years. Now in HTHCV I am absolutely in with it, it is amazing and those of you who don't believe so it is your loss. I have NEVER been bullied, it is not tolerated here and that is one thing I love about it , I've never felt excluded in anyway, the teachers make you feel so comfortable it is a lovely environment to learn.

High Tech High Chula Vista School 2

Posted January 24, 2012
High Tech School system offers a great child care service, social development for child... and nothing else... Good luck if you bring your child to this school, it's a fraud. Nothing but fundraisers. My rating on the school continue to disappear, so I will try changing the rating to see if that is the reason why, I'm thinking they don't accept negative comments for this school, go figure, why am I not surprised?

Posted September 25, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS AMAZING. I am a Sophomore here, and after being in an number of terrible schools I have finally found my safe haven. ABSOLUTELY no fights, or drugs problems, and all the upper classmen are nice to me. I haven't been bullied ONCE at this school, they are very strict when it comes to bullying. The teachers here are AMAZING, I love them all. I LOVE YOU HTHCV!

Posted January 19, 2011
I Love this school! The teachers and staff are so happy, they enjoy their job and don't complain. The students are happy as well. The project based learning is wonderfull and the homework very meaningful, not just busy work and memorization. What I like the most is the fact that the teachers get to know the students and the students know their teachers. I also like the POL (presentation of learning) they present everything learned during the semester, what they like, what they need to improve and their goals for the next semester and they learn to speak in public. Enrolling my son was the best decision I ever made.

High Tech High Chula Vista School 0

Posted March 14, 2010
I am a freshman at High Tech High CV and I am blessed to be in this school. I have made lots of friends and I have discovered a new way of learning. Its all hands on and projects, and to me, I see that these are going to be the best high school days of my life. Even though they don't have much homework as a regular high school such as Otay Ranch, Olympian, Eastlake etc. They have challenging ways of learning. The reason colleges accept most of the student, is because we don't just sit on a seat and memorize stuff, everything is hands on and we get INVOLVED in the community and also in school. I encourage you to enter your child into High Tech High. Your child will love this high school and that it will change your childs life like it did to me.

High Tech High Chula Vista School
1945 Discovery Falls Drive, Chula Vista, CA  91915
Last modified High Tech High Chula Vista School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Tech High Chula Vista School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top