Public charter
Chula Vista, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School (LdVCS) is a K-6 elementary school with a health and science focus where we value developing the skills, talents, and interests of the whole child. LdVCS uses Project-Based Learning to engage students in authentic cross-curricular learning experiences, and as a health sciences school, a major part of our school s mission is to create health literate students who exhibit knowledge, skills, and behaviors critical to healthy living. We are an independent public charter school where decisions are made locally with parent and community involvement. We offer daily physical education, incorporate running into the day every day for all students, and provide lessons in Spanish as a foreign language. We are a tuition-free public school. Our students are happy and enjoy school! Visit http://davincicharter.org for more information.
November 10, 2012

Posted December 12, 2014
Great school! It's our first year here at LdVCS and we love it! The students are very welcomed by the amazing Teachers who truly care about their student.

Posted October 02, 2014
My 5 year old enjoys attending this school!!! The way they teach here makes learning more interesting and fun. We as Parents first attended the orientation meetings before the start of the school year, and we can tell the entire staff love their jobs and love to TEACH!! It feels like a small community of neighbors, they hold meetings to keep you informed and encourage parents to be involved as volunteers. We receive weekly e-mails from my son's teacher about what they are about to learn for that week. I couldn't ask for a better school for my boy.

Posted September 26, 2013
LdVCS is like a home away from home. My children feels safe and nurtured, and is always willing to try new innovative ideas that LdV provides. I love this school, the teachers, staff, parents, and students who grow closer to one another everyday.

Posted July 06, 2013
I have seen a big improvement in my 4 children, there so exited everyday to go to school. There more calm and enjoy sharing what they learned. They were behind and now in one year attending this school there doing great! Love this school!!!

Posted December 13, 2012
I am so happy that I found this school! This is the best school ever! I come from a private school, and beleive me this school is waaay better! fisrt of all I love the programs the run very day, the teachers are wonderful my 2 kids are very happy the love the school and their teachers, LDVC is the best school for my kids!!

Posted October 12, 2012
I was fortunate enough to get our son in the lottery, and after his first year I am so happy to be part of this school. Watching children thrive in the project based curriculum, learn healthy eating habits, and stay fit with the running program has been really wonderful. My son grew so much during his first year, and is now thriving in first grade. The teachers are amazing and dedicated, and the group of involved parents makes such a difference. The new facility the district has provided is really terrific, and I look forward to watching both of my children grow in this wonderful school over the next 8 years.

Posted October 12, 2012
This is my third year in this school, I have 2 daughters one in 1st grade and one in 2nd grade, this is the best school, the teachers are amazing, their Math program is so good and my daughters are so happy and enjoy every moment they are at school. All staff memebers do a great job too. The Parents are so involved. Nothing can make me happier than see a big smile in my daughters face every day and they are learning too! Priceless..

Posted August 25, 2012
Felicidades este es mi segundo anio escolar y cada vez veo mejoras en todo mi hijo va feliz al colegio y todos los d as tiene algo nuevo que platicarme que aprendi ... Me gustar a que: El uniforme fuera obligatorio que proporcionaran credencial escolar Que dieran un certificado de fin de curso escolar Diplomas por asistencia y puntualidad

Posted February 09, 2012
Would absolutely recommend this school to all parents! The teachers are excellent, parents are very involved and the students are wonderful! LDV is the place to be! Most of all my children are happy!

Posted October 14, 2011
I love this school and most importantly, my children also love it. My children have greatly improved academically. I like the policy of more nutritious lunches and snacks, the communication they have with parents, and everything in general. I love it.

Leonardo Da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School
229 East Naples, Chula Vista, CA  91911
Last modified Leonardo Da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leonardo Da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top