Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted July 19, 2016
I was at this school since kindergarten and I am now in high school and it had been a great experience for me because all the teachers are so great and they are so helpful some parents say that the school is bad but they are not attending the school the child is and the child probably is having a good experience with this school and even if a parent has a "vad" experience it shouldn't matter because it is their child that is in that school not them and before taking ur child out maybe ask them what they think about the school and they would say they love it u can make friends easily and the academics and education is also very high I recommend this school to any child of any age to become part of the family.

Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School 3

Posted July 03, 2016
I am currently a junior at CVLCC High, and let me tell you my experience is going downhill. Ever since Freshman year they started firing teachers that were family to us. They keep saying we are a community, a "familia" if you will, but I honestly haven't been feeling like home at this school. They fired our math teacher and we didn't have a teacher for the rest of the school year and we literally learned nothing. I loved attending this school in the past years, but now I honestly don't know what to say anymore. We have some staff that is great and hear us out like Ms. Calleros and our receptionist Sandra, but I don't feel like I can personally reach out to our principle, Mr. Lopez and it's sad that Dr.Ramirez isn't around to see the real state of our school.

Posted June 21, 2015
My son has been here for 2 years and the vibe that teachers have with students is amazing. Like a giant family.

Posted April 26, 2015
I don't regret ever getting transferred. People have to know that this school is incredibly innovative and expect there to be changes ALWAYS. Dr. Ramirez has gone out of his way to initiate the high school and I'm proud to call myself a first-generation Cobra. It is not the location or the buildings who make the school great but the students and staff, the education is what matters. Here at CVLCC I have a voice. Dr. Ramirez has given his word that if anything is wrong we should be able to communicate with him and let him know. If there's anything I would change of this school is the teacher to student ratio to 1:20 or 1:15 even though our classes are 1:30. One of my teachers has made an impact in my personal life and motivated me to follow my heart and mind. That's what I mainly love about CVLCC High. Our teachers are incredibly motivated and passionate about the subject/elective they teach. The environment is great and welcoming. You might find flaws in CVLCC but you have to understand that not every school is perfect. CVLCC prepares you/your child for the future! Thanks Dr. Ramirez and staff! Thanks CVLCC!

Posted March 04, 2015
We tried to attend this school, we really did for 4.5 years, we volunteered for hours and hours, attended all events, stayed in contact with teachers and were initially impressed with the administration, staff and teachers. Then the school added a middle school, we thought this was great! but then the school became crowded and administration failed to add sufficient and properly skilled staff and teachers to support such a large population, next a High school? Again no significant addition of staff from the outside and poor poor planning of facilities, resources and staff. We also had issues with bullying combined with favoritism, nepotism and quite frankly a TOTAL lack of diversity at the school which led to Spanish being taught as if Spanish was their first language, and English/Math taught at a level or two lower compared to traditional schools in the district. Our children are now at a traditional CVESD school that is rated a 9 and runs a 90/10 immersion level, our kids Spanish levels and math/science are much higher than from CVLCC. I suggest to anyone to do their research, maybe this school is for some, but definitely not for us.

Posted November 18, 2014
I had 2 children in this school. It was the best experience for me and my children. The staff is great and we all volunteer to make it a better place for our students. We were always treated with respect. I have wonderful memories of this school.

Posted June 03, 2014
I am so happy with CVLCC. I Have three children that attend this school. Two in elementary and one in middle school. They are challenged daily and I know they will be academically ready when they graduate. I attended private schools all my life and the curriculum at CVLCC equals if not surpasses them. The only difference being that it is absent of religious studies and is tuition free. I love that they wear uniform! It makes it so much easier to get three kids ready and out the door week day mornings. Spanish, Mandarin, and English. Our kids will have better opportunities when the time comes. The best thing I find about this school is that all the parents get to know each other because of the mandatory 30 volunteer hours we are to offer. Don't let this scare you. Like I said I have three kids but I'm only obligated to do 30 hour a year for them. It can be sporadically or in one month as long as it's completed. I think this is a great idea. This is a great idea because I get to see how the school works, I get to know the teachers, and my children become happy and encouraged to performs well in school.

Posted April 23, 2014
We have 3 of our children at CVLCC and we have found the educational program rigorous and finally a place where our children are stimulated and challenged. We did our research before enfolding and visited at different times to get a feel for the school. Like at any school there is room for improvement but we found the parents hanging outside the school talking to each other welcoming. No flea market feel for us. I welcome any perspective parent to our campus and please ask to see our curriculum. Schedule visits to the classroom and see if this is the right school for your children. As a parent and advocate I highly encourage you to become informed and seeif this is your school!!!

Posted March 24, 2014
I am so glad people are finally realizing the truth about this school. I made the BEST decision to take our child out of that "crowd." People with no manners, standing around chatting like "comadres" outside the school every morning was the most annoying I could ever see. Everytime I either dropped off or picked up, I felt I was in a fleet market!!! Staff is disrespectful in the way that they just hear you talk but at the end "they are right," and their approach is unconsiderate. The bullying here is outrageous and they really don't have a realistic solution that STOPS IT. All those "meetings" are useless as what really happens DOES NOT at all match with what they promise.

Posted March 21, 2014
I am very disappointed about this school. I had another expectation for my child who is a English learner all the workshop i have gone to said that if my child learn Spanish fluently his English would improve. it s the opposite now he forgot what he has learn in English and doesn t get the Spanish. This school doesn t do a good job in teaching English language arts and in reality Spanish is a good trait to have. It could open opportunity but the main language in this country that will get you anywhere is English. I agree with the other parents comment beside it failing curriculum their lack of discipline and arrogant is far beyond being a good school. I just the fame the got back in the days but it s not a god experience for the child nor the parent.

Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School
590 K Street, Chula Vista, CA  91911-1118
Last modified Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.