Posted April 26, 2015
I don't regret ever getting transferred. People have to know that this school is incredibly innovative and expect there to be changes ALWAYS. Dr. Ramirez has gone out of his way to initiate the high school and I'm proud to call myself a first-generation Cobra. It is not the location or the buildings who make the school great but the students and staff, the education is what matters. Here at CVLCC I have a voice. Dr. Ramirez has given his word that if anything is wrong we should be able to communicate with him and let him know. If there's anything I would change of this school is the teacher to student ratio to 1:20 or 1:15 even though our classes are 1:30. One of my teachers has made an impact in my personal life and motivated me to follow my heart and mind. That's what I mainly love about CVLCC High. Our teachers are incredibly motivated and passionate about the subject/elective they teach. The environment is great and welcoming. You might find flaws in CVLCC but you have to understand that not every school is perfect. CVLCC prepares you/your child for the future! Thanks Dr. Ramirez and staff! Thanks CVLCC!

Posted March 04, 2015
We tried to attend this school, we really did for 4.5 years, we volunteered for hours and hours, attended all events, stayed in contact with teachers and were initially impressed with the administration, staff and teachers. Then the school added a middle school, we thought this was great! but then the school became crowded and administration failed to add sufficient and properly skilled staff and teachers to support such a large population, next a High school? Again no significant addition of staff from the outside and poor poor planning of facilities, resources and staff. We also had issues with bullying combined with favoritism, nepotism and quite frankly a TOTAL lack of diversity at the school which led to Spanish being taught as if Spanish was their first language, and English/Math taught at a level or two lower compared to traditional schools in the district. Our children are now at a traditional CVESD school that is rated a 9 and runs a 90/10 immersion level, our kids Spanish levels and math/science are much higher than from CVLCC. I suggest to anyone to do their research, maybe this school is for some, but definitely not for us.

Posted November 18, 2014
I had 2 children in this school. It was the best experience for me and my children. The staff is great and we all volunteer to make it a better place for our students. We were always treated with respect. I have wonderful memories of this school.

Posted June 03, 2014
I am so happy with CVLCC. I Have three children that attend this school. Two in elementary and one in middle school. They are challenged daily and I know they will be academically ready when they graduate. I attended private schools all my life and the curriculum at CVLCC equals if not surpasses them. The only difference being that it is absent of religious studies and is tuition free. I love that they wear uniform! It makes it so much easier to get three kids ready and out the door week day mornings. Spanish, Mandarin, and English. Our kids will have better opportunities when the time comes. The best thing I find about this school is that all the parents get to know each other because of the mandatory 30 volunteer hours we are to offer. Don't let this scare you. Like I said I have three kids but I'm only obligated to do 30 hour a year for them. It can be sporadically or in one month as long as it's completed. I think this is a great idea. This is a great idea because I get to see how the school works, I get to know the teachers, and my children become happy and encouraged to performs well in school.

Posted April 23, 2014
We have 3 of our children at CVLCC and we have found the educational program rigorous and finally a place where our children are stimulated and challenged. We did our research before enfolding and visited at different times to get a feel for the school. Like at any school there is room for improvement but we found the parents hanging outside the school talking to each other welcoming. No flea market feel for us. I welcome any perspective parent to our campus and please ask to see our curriculum. Schedule visits to the classroom and see if this is the right school for your children. As a parent and advocate I highly encourage you to become informed and seeif this is your school!!!

Posted March 24, 2014
I am so glad people are finally realizing the truth about this school. I made the BEST decision to take our child out of that "crowd." People with no manners, standing around chatting like "comadres" outside the school every morning was the most annoying I could ever see. Everytime I either dropped off or picked up, I felt I was in a fleet market!!! Staff is disrespectful in the way that they just hear you talk but at the end "they are right," and their approach is unconsiderate. The bullying here is outrageous and they really don't have a realistic solution that STOPS IT. All those "meetings" are useless as what really happens DOES NOT at all match with what they promise.

Posted March 21, 2014
I am very disappointed about this school. I had another expectation for my child who is a English learner all the workshop i have gone to said that if my child learn Spanish fluently his English would improve. it s the opposite now he forgot what he has learn in English and doesn t get the Spanish. This school doesn t do a good job in teaching English language arts and in reality Spanish is a good trait to have. It could open opportunity but the main language in this country that will get you anywhere is English. I agree with the other parents comment beside it failing curriculum their lack of discipline and arrogant is far beyond being a good school. I just the fame the got back in the days but it s not a god experience for the child nor the parent.

Posted February 10, 2014
At one time this was a great school, in the beginning. Dr. Ramirez now over sees 6 schools and has no day-to-day understanding about what is happening at CVLCC. We know many that have pulled out their kids who have attended from Kinder - 5th, because bullying, crowding, shameful tactics, dishonest in actions, and more. It's nice that teachers get a catered meal every day - it's not nice they can't afford to hire additional help at breaks and meals to watch 300 plus kinder and 1st graders. No accountability for kids who are hitting and pushing. They rule with an iron fist - it's their way or the highway. You disagree with us - you'll be punished or we'll punish your kid somehow. A lot of great families are leaving. Recently a middle school class took a trip to Disneyland. Each student had to pay their own way. If student couldn't afford it - had to sit in office that day. The Director says he didn't know anything about it. Sad that the teachers and parents allowed that to happen - that's not community that's separation. Just tip of the iceberg. They change the rules and policies daily. During testing kinders had to stay inside during recess for two weeks that is crazy.

Posted February 10, 2014
I used to be so proud my children went to CVLCC, but that was before they expanded. Once they added the middle and high schools, it seems they lost focus and the quality suffered. I echo all of what was stated in the previous post. It's very unfortunate, because they had a wonderful school, but they broke it with their overinflated egos. The top administrators all drive expensive cars yet they can't provide basic P.E. equipment or having working phones in their portable classrooms. They have their priorities so far out of whack. I think they are doing all the children there a huge diservice. I hope they read these last few posts and come to their senses and get back to where they used to be.

Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School 2

Posted January 15, 2014
I just pulled my son in kider from this school. I am very dissatisfied with this school and its staff. My son was stabbed in the inside of his nose with a Popsicle stick and he was bleeding everywhere. They took for ever to call us the parents and because the mother ofmthemother child had a lot of influence in that school it was all swept under the rub by the time I got there. My son was very pressured many times by the mother of the other child and its staff to says it was an accident after al ready stating 3 times that it was purposeful. When I confronted the staff and they' admitted to their mistake the principal never even called he did not even care. This school has nothing but psychological bullies for staff and your either part of the click or you are not. I don't recommend there is no check and balances they rule them selves. I had a terrible experience.

Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School
590 K Street, Chula Vista, CA  91911
Last modified Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top