Posted July 31, 2014
My daughter has been attending CVHES for two years and I can not praise the teachers and staff enough!! They truly care for the education of each student as well as their total happiness. We are a military family and the support provided throughout deployment was tremendous from her current teacher and from the previous year. So happy to have a loving environment for my daughter to learn and grow.

Posted May 23, 2014
Love this school for my son. We have been here for 3 years because my son was being bulled by a principal at another CV school. Like the small school feel and wonderful staff and parents. If you are unhappy do what superintendent told me... Go to another school. This is a perfect fit for my child. I think in general schools today should offer more creativity and less emphasis on testing. But that is all over this district. Hopefully we can change the district leadership with school board elections and then the district administrators. Would love to see CV district leadership put kids first. No elementary child should be tested. Just way too much. My child is not a test score. His brain is still developing. That being said still love this school. Very caring people work here!

Posted May 21, 2014
As you read these reviews please keep in mind the dates of the postings and that there are over 400 families at Chula Vista Hills each year. One person's disgruntled post is only one out of 400 opinions. Given that almost half of Chula Vistas Hills' families choose to go there on a zone transfer from other schools please take some of these posts with a grain of salt. Unfortunately in life we can't make everyone happy. This is a great school with a dedicated staff and wonderful community. Please form your own opinion, and do not rely on the personal agendas of others.

Posted May 21, 2014
This is an excellent school. I switched schools for both my children since I was not getting the results I wanted from their former school. I have had nothing but a positive experience. The new principal is great with the parents and students. The front office is very friendly. The teachers are very educated and care about the students success. They offer many after school programs to enhance the arts. I am very pleased with my decision. Overall, CV Hills is an excellent school!

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2013
PARENTS WHO HAVE HAD NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY SCHOOL SHOULD REPORT IT TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT, AS WELL. MAYBE WITH ENOUGH COMPLAINTS THE SCHOOL DISTRICT WILL DO SOMETHING.

Posted November 13, 2013
Nothing but great experiences with both the teachers and the principal. My son loves going to school . The principal is great with the kids and really takes a personal interest in them. She has sat in the parent teacher conferences, responds to all my emails, calls and concerns in a timely manner and I feel she is very genuine. I am sorry others have had bad experiences,but I just don't see that happening at all.

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2013
Concerned parent, I had my daughter transferred from her old school to CVH. Had a meeting with the principal and heard and felt negativity the whole time in her office. After a few days, my daughter had an incident. Principal advised me to revoke my transfer. Not giving me any chances or my daughter to fix the issues she brought up. After confronting and explaining how she was acting, she went from being a principal to trying to intimidate me and not caring about my opinions. Also she doesn't follow policies she is worried more about test scores and looking good. Make sure you do your homework about this principal she is not worth the energy and gray hairs. Horrible experience.

Posted August 28, 2013
Principal very friendly easy to communicate with and is very passionate about her students. Teachers have an amazing curriculum plan. My daughter enjoys learning the way they teach! Love cvh :)

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2013
Why would one parent try to intimidate a principal when its the principal that has the power to intimidate parents. What a ridiculous comment. Parents want a good education for their children, period. The current school principal focuses too much on her personal vendettas. She needs the boot!

Posted March 07, 2013
The negative comments were made by one parent who has been trying to intimidate the principal. Like you, the rest of us 400+ families have had positive experiences with our teachers and principal. We are very happy that our children have the privilege of attending Chula Vista Hills!

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School
980 Buena Vista Way, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified Chula Vista Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chula Vista Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews.