Chula Vista, CA

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 21, 2015
A little overwhelming, especially if you have more than one child. Homework could be scaled back a bit.

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2015
In all the years I have had kids going to their school, I have only had one teacher who was problematic. I would highly recommend staying away from this school for TK, but they have strong and professional teachers in all other grades as far as I have experienced. The principal, Mr. Ruth, communicates regularly with parents and is VERY responsive to any concerns you may have.

Posted July 31, 2014
My daughter has been attending CVHES for two years and I can not praise the teachers and staff enough!! They truly care for the education of each student as well as their total happiness. We are a military family and the support provided throughout deployment was tremendous from her current teacher and from the previous year. So happy to have a loving environment for my daughter to learn and grow.

Posted May 23, 2014
Love this school for my son. We have been here for 3 years because my son was being bulled by a principal at another CV school. Like the small school feel and wonderful staff and parents. If you are unhappy do what superintendent told me... Go to another school. This is a perfect fit for my child. I think in general schools today should offer more creativity and less emphasis on testing. But that is all over this district. Hopefully we can change the district leadership with school board elections and then the district administrators. Would love to see CV district leadership put kids first. No elementary child should be tested. Just way too much. My child is not a test score. His brain is still developing. That being said still love this school. Very caring people work here!

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2014
Im glad to hear things are going better now that the previous Principal Monica Sorenson is no longer there . For the 4 yrs prior yrs. things went from being a greatest school, great environment , friendly teachers & parents , great principal to everything turning upside down by Sorenson after Mrs. Parker left. Sorenson splitted the teachers & parents apart she used her position to demeanor the minority and the push the children around when parents weren't around. The district received reports of multiple parents on the happening however, Escobedo never did anything about it :( instead the district is not there for parents concerns they covered the principals poor/ inappropriate actions. I'm just glad Sorenson got moved for our community children's sake. I pray this new principal brings CVHills back to being one of the best schools not only academically but parent / teacher / principal working towards the same goAl for the students.

Posted May 21, 2014
As you read these reviews please keep in mind the dates of the postings and that there are over 400 families at Chula Vista Hills each year. One person's disgruntled post is only one out of 400 opinions. Given that almost half of Chula Vistas Hills' families choose to go there on a zone transfer from other schools please take some of these posts with a grain of salt. Unfortunately in life we can't make everyone happy. This is a great school with a dedicated staff and wonderful community. Please form your own opinion, and do not rely on the personal agendas of others.

Posted May 21, 2014
This is an excellent school. I switched schools for both my children since I was not getting the results I wanted from their former school. I have had nothing but a positive experience. The new principal is great with the parents and students. The front office is very friendly. The teachers are very educated and care about the students success. They offer many after school programs to enhance the arts. I am very pleased with my decision. Overall, CV Hills is an excellent school!

Posted January 22, 2014
Chula Vista Hills Elementary School is a great school. Our child is in Kindergarten class. They have YMCA daycare after school until 6:30 pm, so I don't worry about transportation, etc. The location is great.

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2013
PARENTS WHO HAVE HAD NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY SCHOOL SHOULD REPORT IT TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT, AS WELL. MAYBE WITH ENOUGH COMPLAINTS THE SCHOOL DISTRICT WILL DO SOMETHING.

Posted November 13, 2013
Nothing but great experiences with both the teachers and the principal. My son loves going to school . The principal is great with the kids and really takes a personal interest in them. She has sat in the parent teacher conferences, responds to all my emails, calls and concerns in a timely manner and I feel she is very genuine. I am sorry others have had bad experiences,but I just don't see that happening at all.

Chula Vista Hills Elementary School
980 Buena Vista Way, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified Chula Vista Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chula Vista Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top